Sources: DEI, Ginn to merge, race 4 cars Sunday

Jul 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ESPN

Dale Earnhardt Inc. will announce on Wednesday that it is merging with Ginn Racing, effective immediately, and will acquire all Ginn assets, including its massive headquarters, multiple sources close to DEI ... via ESPN

Comments
81 - 96 of 96 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2007
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
True Jr Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

4everDEI wrote:
<quoted text>
How does someone who risks his life every week NOT think he is going to die? That would be as stupid as a firefighter or policeman not updating their will cause they dont think they are going to die. Maybe he didnt change it cause there was NOTHING he wanted to change.
The children were only teens at this time, except Taylor.. Now I do not see Dale writing a Will leaving the future to his children, even his Mother.. While I do believe Dale thought, at this time he could do something we all have once thought about... Trust your spouse.. After all she dearly loved his kids...
True Jr Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

4everDEI wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it a dumb question, because you say so? Oh but i thought the deadbeat owner never goes to the track so how could that be? Gee and I suppose when sponsors visit Jack Roush or Childress they are their secret gay lovers? Can you get a little more sexist and chauvinstic? So are you gonna tell me that YOU have seen it? I just might believe some "True Jr Fan" posting anonymously on the internet over facts I have heard from someone close to the situation. Good job keeping them hate spewing rumors alive though, the idiots will more than likely believe you.
Well I said I would ask one, and I did just that.. Then the ****deatbeat**** owner was there, due to Martin Truex, only had to crank his car, and win the Championship, in the Busch Series it was.She was there for the nice photo shot. Oh she did come to a few races in 2002, then I do know of the one that I noticed in 2004, with ole GRAY.. Well swee when the cars fall, where is she? Well you know you have even admitted on another post, you knew trhat Dale Sr. built the Garage Mahal, for his kids. You know it is mighty bad, when a teammate wins a race, and a driver in his stable has to run over and shake his hand. You right no car owner there..
True Jr Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

4everDEI wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it a dumb question, because you say so? Oh but i thought the deadbeat owner never goes to the track so how could that be? Gee and I suppose when sponsors visit Jack Roush or Childress they are their secret gay lovers? Can you get a little more sexist and chauvinstic? So are you gonna tell me that YOU have seen it? I just might believe some "True Jr Fan" posting anonymously on the internet over facts I have heard from someone close to the situation. Good job keeping them hate spewing rumors alive though, the idiots will more than likely believe you.
Let me say this as I just saw it... I have not seen Richard Childress, nor Jack Roush in a gay acting way.. I have reported WHAT I SAW.. No rumor read up on November 13th, 2004, Busch Series and YOU see who won.. Yes she and Old Gray were surely there.Rode in a golf cart back to the RV the Dale Sr purchased, which is pocket change, to who she is with now...
Oh do not let me forget, he was in the Wrangler blue and yellow car. That puts tears in some peoples eyes, not all I saw.
True Jr Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Dale Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text>If the janitor is so good why did he not get some sponsorship with that broom??????lol Wonder where he is at now that he is so great?????
That is great thinking on Dale Jr. fans.. I bet we could outrun the janitor..
True Jr Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

mike wrote:
oh yeah, that crazy woman deserves to be... left alone to run her business. HER business. not junior's, not yours, not mine.
damn man, where i work i think things are going wrong. i think they should put me in charge so i can fix things....
<quoted text>
Wait, Dale Sr. wanted his kids to have that company. It was 51%, just so Jr could speak.. However the price for what his dad wanted him to have was 55 million.. Now do understand you would not want to pay a price like that, when it is yours to begin with.
Now if the company you work for was owned by family, and you see it falling? Please tell me what would you do, if your stepmom said 55 million, and you can help me with it. Dale Jr. did not do this for his own self, he did it for Kerry, Taylor, himself, Kelley, Bobby,Jeffrey, Karsyn, Kennedy, Blade and Kayla as well as all future Earnhardts.
REBEL BORN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

Get over it, Dale wanted his wife to have the company as it should be, you give up all your money and every thing else to your kids but its always different when its you!! Teresa did the best thing for her and Dales company when she kicked ole Junebugs ass out of there and he now knows there is one woman he caint boss!!!!! Let the red head greedy boy go tto the felon team of Nascar, only way he will ever do something but that is doubtful just glad to have him out of DEI as i am sure Dale would have thrown his ass out the door by now any way!!! LONG LIVE DEI, and at last it looks like it will!!!!
True Jr Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

mike wrote:
is this junior? come on now let us know.
<quoted text>
Mike, it will be a cold day at the South Pole, before Jr. becomes a janitor..
True Jr Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

REBEL BORN wrote:
Get over it, Dale wanted his wife to have the company as it should be, you give up all your money and every thing else to your kids but its always different when its you!! Teresa did the best thing for her and Dales company when she kicked ole Junebugs ass out of there and he now knows there is one woman he caint boss!!!!! Let the red head greedy boy go tto the felon team of Nascar, only way he will ever do something but that is doubtful just glad to have him out of DEI as i am sure Dale would have thrown his ass out the door by now any way!!! LONG LIVE DEI, and at last it looks like it will!!!!
When did she kick Junebug out?? My now this rumor is a joke.
True Jr Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

JAYHAWKS wrote:
Menard chips in to help DEI/Ginn merger happen? The other half of the Ginn-DEI story began to emerge yesterday, and it isn’t as pretty a picture as the one painted at Thursday’s press conference. According to one report, which could not be immediately confirmed, John Menard, the wealthy businessman whose son, Paul, is a first-year tour racer at DEI, apparently stepped in with a check to help make the merger happen. Ginn concedes sponsorship problems forced him to shut down two of his three Nextel Cup teams.(Winston Salem Journal)(7-28-2007)
Wow you are catching on quick...Glad to see such a great post here. I think the love struck couple, since 2004, may have alot more in store... Stay tuned.
I know what I saw in 2004, can you imagine what the Earnhardt kids know?? Ol Gray, has been around for years now, so he is not going anywhere.
Jerry

Yanceyville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

4everDEI wrote:
<quoted text>
If Junior and Kelley care so much about DEI why werent they working there instead of JRM to make it successful. Because Junior/Kelley want nothing to do with Teresa or DEI. WAKE UP PEOPLE. There is an article where Junior states he told Teresa he wanted nothing to do with her outside of business and that it took her a while to see that was his stance. Why should she care about what happens to either one of them? Why does everyone feel so sorry for Junior and saying he was SHUT OUT? It was his choice to leave and my opinion that he never wanted to be there and was just waiting for a way to run, which he did, and they made it look like it was all Teresa's fault so people wouldnt lose respect for him for bailing on his father's dream. Teresa could have so easily closed up shop and forgot all about the sport that cost her her husband and father of her child, but she bucked up and did not hang all those DEI employees out to dry. Did she always make the wisest decisions? No. But she was not a racecar driver, not a mechanic and she did the best she could. It probably wouldve been very helpful to have her stepson by her side, but he was busy with JRM. Yes Dale Earnhardt said he wanted to hand DEI over to them SOMEDAY, but they dont care about DEI.
Give me a break, teresa is a gold digger that took dale's and kelly's dad's business. she couldn't run a hot dog stand. jr and kelly saw the writing on the wall and did what they had too the hell with tei!
Jerry

Yanceyville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2007

REBEL BORN wrote:
you are a moron teresa is an ignorant greedy bitch. no more needs to be said moron!
Sidney

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2007

So much for the RCR/DEI engines!
NASCAR Cannuck

Dryden, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2007

Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break, teresa is a gold digger that took dale's and kelly's dad's business. she couldn't run a hot dog stand. jr and kelly saw the writing on the wall and did what they had too the hell with tei!
No she's not a gold digger, she's the very wealthy owner of a well established profitable race team/company therefore anyone who would look to leech/use her would have to be considered the gold digger.
menards

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2007

Isnt every day a cold day at the south pole?
True Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, it will be a cold day at the South Pole, before Jr. becomes a janitor..
Yeley Fan

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2007

Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a good beating with that stick that's stuck up your ass! You only hate the guy cause of his name! Your a pitiful bastard!
Iv'e challenged you and you nothing but a spineless, chicken shit, inbred hill billy. This sorry bastard spills his vomit on every board on this website. Whoever knows who this chicken shit is, please let me know.
Yeley Fan

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2007

Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? At one time i had that same opinion, but i see it differently. Jr stuck with his dad's team to try and put it whether his father would want it, when for years he could've went anywhere he wanted, probably had every owner hounding him to drive for him, but he stayed committed to DEI, when God knows how difficult that had to have been. Yea, he wanted controling interest, but it's NOW that he's gone that everything he kept telling them they needed to do to grow is now happening after he's leaving. New engine program, new merger, but why didnt this happen when he was there? Because a stupid bitch was left in charge and the team was left for the children to take over, even Senior said himself, unfortunately he died before he could have it changed in his will. When Senior died, i saw a guy, Jr, who had talent to win races, in fact, win more in the same equipment than no other guys have been able to win at DEI. For Jr to win 17 races when the total for all the others being Waltrip, Park, and Truex winning a total of 7. Jr was in equipment nowhere near the subpar stuff that Hendrick and Gibbs had, and nobody but Stewart, Johnson, and Gordon has won more races than Jr since Jr started in 2000. DEI survived because of Jr, and now they do all this stuff to make the organization better AFTER he's gone! I think Jr's done a damn fine job of holding up the Earnhardt name, he's a clean racer, he gives respect just like he gets it, and i think his championship is on the horizon. Considering everything he's had to go thru and put up with since Senior's death, i think Jr is a class act and damn sure isnt a guy making a living on his daddy's name, he's making it on a god given talent that has run in the family! Is he as good as his daddy? I dont think anybody out there will even come close, not even Wonderboy Gordon, but i think Jr has the talent to win a championship and alot more races!
Its funny how you would even know what a class act means, being you are the biggest meat head, inbred morron that has ever been stupid enough to enter a forum like this. Go play with yourself in front of the computer some more, you idiot. You try to act like you know something about racing. What a Joke!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Paul Menard Discussions

Search the Paul Menard Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... May '14 Lola24 2
NASCAR: 5 Reasons Why We'll See Danica Patrick ... (Dec '12) Jan '13 duh1 16
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Gordon alleges RCR orders altered Richmond finish (Sep '11) Nov '11 Duh 11
Who's Hot / Who's Not in NASCAR: Dover-Kansas E... (Oct '11) Oct '11 yup 1
Stewart leads late, but loses at Brickyard (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ricky Bobby 43
Menard Inching Closer To Chase Spot (Aug '11) Aug '11 menards 1
•••
•••