Junior's popularity not about results

Junior's popularity not about results

There are 391 comments on the Ledger Dispatch story from Jun 16, 2009, titled Junior's popularity not about results. In it, Ledger Dispatch reports that:

DALE EARNHARDT JR. is smiling. At what? At you, so long as you spied the back page of Sunday's sports section, where his happy mug accompanied an ad promoting this Sunday's Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger Dispatch.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
george

Toledo, OH

#1 Jun 18, 2009
I can not quite figure out if the writer dislikes Jr as a driver or just Nascar as a whole. Just another liberal big mouth that has a problem with the peoples sport.He needs to worry more about the masive spending his state has been doing. The rest of the countryis going to have to bail you out buddy so just enjoy the show.

“Dalebug”

Since: May 09

Erie, PA

#2 Jun 18, 2009
Dalebug is the reason for the Nascar season

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jun 18, 2009
Michelle 88 wrote:
Dalebug is the reason for the Nascar season
Another member of the "out to lunch bunch", sheesh!!!
CLEO

AOL

#4 Jun 18, 2009
DRINKING THE JUNIOR KOOL AID
Kyle Busch

AOL

#5 Jun 19, 2009
I sneak and drink it too
WWE NASCAR

Trumbull, CT

#6 Jun 19, 2009
Don't worry Jr nation, NASCAR, Helton, France, Hendricks, and the sponsors are working overtime behind the scenes to get the underachieving one into the chase.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#7 Jun 19, 2009
blah blah blah..Why not get off of Jr's back??

Since: Jul 08

United States

#8 Jun 19, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
Don't worry Jr nation, NASCAR, Helton, France, Hendricks, and the sponsors are working overtime behind the scenes to get the underachieving one into the chase.
Oh dear.......not another one of you.
Jim

Waterville, VT

#9 Jun 19, 2009
Thread title "Junior's popularity not about results".

File that under the "duh" category, how could it be.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#10 Jun 19, 2009
Well well well, look who's here.

anderson 24

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#11 Jun 19, 2009
george wrote:
I can not quite figure out if the writer dislikes Jr as a driver or just Nascar as a whole. Just another liberal big mouth that has a problem with the peoples sport.He needs to worry more about the masive spending his state has been doing. The rest of the countryis going to have to bail you out buddy so just enjoy the show.
sounds more like a repubby big mouth over loading again'
jr. is always gonna be the most popular driver no matter what any one thinks.
poor ole repubbys ''''roflmao''they run out of steam an keep rolling down hill more an more every day'''''''' roflmao'''''''

Since: Jul 08

United States

#12 Jun 19, 2009
Jim wrote:
Thread title "Junior's popularity not about results".
File that under the "duh" category, how could it be.
Look who's back on the map. I was wondering where you popped off to.

“Dalebug”

Erie, PA

#13 Jun 19, 2009
Kyle Busch wrote:
I sneak and drink it too
Welcome aboard Kyle.

“Dalebug”

Erie, PA

#14 Jun 19, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Another member of the "out to lunch bunch", sheesh!!!
I was kidding. What did I do to you that you have to be mean to me?
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#15 Jun 20, 2009
Joonyer does have one redeeming quality, with Joonyer in the field, the other back markers get some TV exposure as they are the ones Joonyer is racing with to gain 23rd position. I wonder how Joonyer is able to hold his head up during Monday morning meetings, be they in person or by telephone.

I can just hear one of the meetings now, Jimmy, you had a great race and was on track for the win until you ran out of gas. Jeff, I see that your back is feeling some better and you had a solid top five. Mark, way to go, "Old Man", keep up the good work and give the senior citizens hope. Joonyer, you had a good run going and would have easily beat Joe Needacheck if he had not come back out from the garage. Your radio communication is getting better as you did not threaten to quit and go home. You got a solid 25th place finish, good thing for that 5 car wreck that took out the 19th through 23rd running cars.
BlahBlahBlah

Richmond, VA

#16 Jun 20, 2009
One thing is certain the Dale Junior haters will never change and they will keep saying the same hateful BS over and over again. Same shit, different day.
You call yourselves Nascar fans but you spend more time hating Junior than you do rooting for your own driver, now who are the effed up ones?
chevy88

AOL

#17 Jun 20, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
Joonyer does have one redeeming quality, with Joonyer in the field, the other back markers get some TV exposure as they are the ones Joonyer is racing with to gain 23rd position. I wonder how Joonyer is able to hold his head up during Monday morning meetings, be they in person or by telephone.
I can just hear one of the meetings now, Jimmy, you had a great race and was on track for the win until you ran out of gas. Jeff, I see that your back is feeling some better and you had a solid top five. Mark, way to go, "Old Man", keep up the good work and give the senior citizens hope. Joonyer, you had a good run going and would have easily beat Joe Needacheck if he had not come back out from the garage. Your radio communication is getting better as you did not threaten to quit and go home. You got a solid 25th place finish, good thing for that 5 car wreck that took out the 19th through 23rd running cars.
Is that you Jericho?

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#19 Jun 20, 2009
Kornback Rattler wrote:
What position did Jooooooooyner qualify for Sunday? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
The "stuttering idiot" is gonna have another crappy weekend for the JR88SUX Retard Nation.
Enjoy!
I was offline a month and came back to find most things have stayed the same but a few things have changed. You fall in to the haven't changed category. You still s s s s suck.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21 Jun 20, 2009
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite as much the "stuttering idiot" does. Again enjoy another miserable wishful weekend of racing.
Damn it must get old seeing that idiot drive around mid-pack or worse.
What's getting old is the same ole crap out of you every time you are on here. You know nothing except how to bad mouth Jr.
george

Toledo, OH

#22 Jun 20, 2009
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite as much the "stuttering idiot" does. Again enjoy another miserable wishful weekend of racing.
Damn it must get old seeing that idiot drive around mid-pack or worse.
Not realy. See when you are a fan of a sport or a certain athalete, you stay a fan through the good and the bad. Or you are not a real fan. So go ahead a keep on with your bull and i will continue to be a real fan! osdj

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Sheltra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR: Kurt Busch to race in NHRA Gatornationals (Jan '11) Jan '11 OSUSam 1
News Power Rankings: Notable drivers missing from pr... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Chelsea 1
News NASCAR: signature moments of the decade (Dec '09) Dec '09 Pedro z cousin 2
News Crew chief Addington switches Busch teamsLongti... (Dec '09) Dec '09 barr 2
News Distractions haven't left Kurt Busch running on... (Oct '09) Oct '09 nascar fan 1
News Busch closes gap, but he's still 13th (Aug '09) Aug '09 Not a busch fan 1
News Fryer's Five: Stewart in championship form - NA... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Teacher14fan 2
More from around the web