Jeff Gordon's come close, but will he...

Jeff Gordon's come close, but will he end his winless streak soon?

There are 14 comments on the sportsillustrated.cnn.com story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Jeff Gordon's come close, but will he end his winless streak soon?. In it, sportsillustrated.cnn.com reports that:

It was getting late on an October Saturday in 2007 at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Jeff Gordon had just won the Bank of America 500 and appeared on his way to winning his fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup title.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at sportsillustrated.cnn.com.

Since: Aug 07

Greenfield, IN

#1 Feb 23, 2009
Yes he will. Jeff Gordon is back!
MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Feb 23, 2009
Nah! I put a curse on him when he pulled out that #3 flag at Phoenix. It's still working!

“Drive for Five”

Since: Dec 08

Miami Florida

#3 Feb 23, 2009
He's already back.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#4 Feb 23, 2009
already has, with the gatorade duel win!

btw matt kensbitoch went 2 yrs without a win!
REFUSE2LOSE

Suffern, NY

#5 Feb 25, 2009
MISSU3 wrote:
Nah! I put a curse on him when he pulled out that #3 flag at Phoenix. It's still working!

Yea that was really bad that he carried that flag in honor of his friend and fellow competitor!!! Give me a break

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#6 Feb 26, 2009
REFUSE2LOSE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea that was really bad that he carried that flag in honor of his friend and fellow competitor!!! Give me a break
i guess you missed the part where dale jr said that he felt honored that jeff gordon respected his dad and he was glad jeff honored his father that way!

did you also know that jeff and dale sr were friends and business partners off the track?

that was another reason why jeff held the flag in salute of dale sr!
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#7 Feb 26, 2009
The cycle is coming back around for Jeff. His team is rising back to the top in spite of Steve Labrainfart. I'm looking for big things out of them as the year progresses.
REFUSE2LOSE

Suffern, NY

#8 Feb 26, 2009
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess you missed the part where dale jr said that he felt honored that jeff gordon respected his dad and he was glad jeff honored his father that way!
did you also know that jeff and dale sr were friends and business partners off the track?
that was another reason why jeff held the flag in salute of dale sr!
Did you read the post that I replied to? I know all that you said, I was questioning why MISSU3 cursed JG when he carried the 3 flag after that race!!!! It had nothing to do with what jr said

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#9 Feb 26, 2009
Hell yeah! He will be in V lane soon!

“Drive for Five”

Miami Florida

#10 Feb 26, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
The cycle is coming back around for Jeff. His team is rising back to the top in spite of Steve Labrainfart. I'm looking for big things out of them as the year progresses.
A man or woman after my own racing heart. lmao.
Tam

Atlanta, GA

#11 Feb 26, 2009
Tamara24 wrote:
troll

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#12 Feb 27, 2009
Tam wrote:
<quoted text>troll
Takes one to know one!
Harrison Freebird

Reno, NV

#13 Feb 27, 2009
Tamara24 wrote:
No doubt he will Tam. I look for all the HMS drivers to do well this year.....Roush Fenway boys too.
Shelby 427 will tell alot, Matt Kenseth....what a start he's had!! Lady luck on his side last 2 races.

“Drive for Five”

Miami Florida

#14 Mar 3, 2009
Tamara24 wrote:
This weekend in Atlanta.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Sheltra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR: Kurt Busch to race in NHRA Gatornationals (Jan '11) Jan '11 OSUSam 1
News Power Rankings: Notable drivers missing from pr... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Chelsea 1
News NASCAR: signature moments of the decade (Dec '09) Dec '09 Pedro z cousin 2
News Crew chief Addington switches Busch teamsLongti... (Dec '09) Dec '09 barr 2
News Distractions haven't left Kurt Busch running on... (Oct '09) Oct '09 nascar fan 1
News Busch closes gap, but he's still 13th (Aug '09) Aug '09 Not a busch fan 1
News Fryer's Five: Stewart in championship form - NA... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Teacher14fan 2
More from around the web