Busch enjoys controversy

Busch enjoys controversy

There are 27 comments on the www.newschief.com story from Jun 13, 2009, titled Busch enjoys controversy. In it, www.newschief.com reports that:

Controversy just seems to naturally swirl around Kyle Busch. And it seems the more uproar, the more NASCAR's bad boy enjoys it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newschief.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#22 Jun 14, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Well after his butt chewing from Joe he may slow that mouth down a bit. Did you notice he did not run off after losing 2 races. He had to speak to the media
even though he was boiling...He got his order's yesterday morning and so far they have worked....
I was told during final Practice yesterday he
was pissed and everyone knew it.....So maybe his rant on Jr and his fans will end now.....lol
He must have got a talking to from someone, for you could see it in his interviews, which he never gives after a loss!
He was pissed but held back, which is good ..but he still got his dig in to a point,lol
Maybe he eats to many M&M's ? lol You know how sugar hypes one up,lol
And as far as him thinking us Jr's fans are crazy, so be it some of us are,lol I just want to see the kid calm down before someone gets hurt.
Joey, sure put the pedal to the medal didn't he? lol I love that kid too.
Have a great day;-)
Go 88!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23 Jun 14, 2009
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text> He must have got a talking to from someone, for you could see it in his interviews, which he never gives after a loss!
He was pissed but held back, which is good ..but he still got his dig in to a point,lol
Maybe he eats to many M&M's ? lol You know how sugar hypes one up,lol
And as far as him thinking us Jr's fans are crazy, so be it some of us are,lol I just want to see the kid calm down before someone gets hurt.
Joey, sure put the pedal to the medal didn't he? lol I love that kid too.
Have a great day;-)
Go 88!
That was a great race. I was happy to see Brad have a good run also.I don't mind being
called crasy by him he is just unhappy that Jr has so many fans. Joey is going to be a great driver and will give him all he can handle in the future. I sure hate that Jeff is having so many back problems.I am looking forward to them rolling into Indy for the brickyard race. I will get to see Junior. He visits our race shop and hang's out with my son.You have a wonderful day and enjoy the race....Good luck to 88...

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#24 Jun 14, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>That was a great race. I was happy to see Brad have a good run also.I don't mind being
called crasy by him he is just unhappy that Jr has so many fans. Joey is going to be a great driver and will give him all he can handle in the future. I sure hate that Jeff is having so many back problems.I am looking forward to them rolling into Indy for the brickyard race. I will get to see Junior. He visits our race shop and hang's out with my son.You have a wonderful day and enjoy the race....Good luck to 88...
Thanks gal.. Yes , it was a dang good race. Speaking of Brad, man I really loved that car , you had no problem in finding it on the track at all,lol I think Jr. has him a very good driver in Brad.. plus the kid is great in his interviews..And Joey, I fell in love w/ as soon as i first layed eyes on him.. the kid is just awesome all the way around..Win or lose! Always so respectful of others.
Oh yes , I do believe Joey, will shake Kyles sugar tree on the tracks just give him a little more time, exp in the COT. Agreed on Jeff, I just wonder how much longer he will be able to race ? Now to me , that will be one sad day when the 24 retires..I have loads of respect for that man , and to me he is like the Daddy of Nascar these days. jmo tho.
How lucky you are gal to know Jr. personally. Give him a big ole hug for me will ya? lol

Since: Jun 09

Smyrna, TN

#25 Jun 14, 2009
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks gal.. Yes , it was a dang good race. Speaking of Brad, man I really loved that car , you had no problem in finding it on the track at all,lol I think Jr. has him a very good driver in Brad.. plus the kid is great in his interviews..And Joey, I fell in love w/ as soon as i first layed eyes on him.. the kid is just awesome all the way around..Win or lose! Always so respectful of others.
Oh yes , I do believe Joey, will shake Kyles sugar tree on the tracks just give him a little more time, exp in the COT. Agreed on Jeff, I just wonder how much longer he will be able to race ? Now to me , that will be one sad day when the 24 retires..I have loads of respect for that man , and to me he is like the Daddy of Nascar these days. jmo tho.
How lucky you are gal to know Jr. personally. Give him a big ole hug for me will ya? lol
I am a KB fan but, more of a Tony Stewart fan. Know Jr pretty well but, knew his father better. I think JR is fighting a few demons in the car right now even to his own admission. Lots of off track pressure that Kyle doesn't have to deal with like ownership in Nationwide and managing Brad. I am not a fan though because he seems to just want to be comfortable in the car and doesn't relate set ups to whoever his crewchief is. He will eventually get there because he does have his dad's drive to succeed. He matured much quicker than Kyle did personally because of his dad. I agree with everyone that Kyle needs to grow up off track but, his will to win and is work ethic needs to be considered. He may be jealous of JR's fan base, who isn't? JR's got some pretty savvy fans inherited from his father.

Joey will be great, he is learning quickly and will be better in COT when he get's a handle on the difference of his Nationwide car in setups and feel.

Now as for Jeff, talked with one of his garage people and the back is in pretty bad shape, he is comfortable for about half the race then starts losing feeling in his right leg. It's tough for him in the car right now. and the road courses are going to be tougher. I disagree that he is the father figure right now though. Personally, Mark Martin takes that distinction.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#26 Jun 14, 2009
Driveguy wrote:
<quoted text>I am a KB fan but, more of a Tony Stewart fan. Know Jr pretty well but, knew his father better. I think JR is fighting a few demons in the car right now even to his own admission. Lots of off track pressure that Kyle doesn't have to deal with like ownership in Nationwide and managing Brad. I am not a fan though because he seems to just want to be comfortable in the car and doesn't relate set ups to whoever his crewchief is. He will eventually get there because he does have his dad's drive to succeed. He matured much quicker than Kyle did personally because of his dad. I agree with everyone that Kyle needs to grow up off track but, his will to win and is work ethic needs to be considered. He may be jealous of JR's fan base, who isn't? JR's got some pretty savvy fans inherited from his father.
Joey will be great, he is learning quickly and will be better in COT when he get's a handle on the difference of his Nationwide car in setups and feel.
Now as for Jeff, talked with one of his garage people and the back is in pretty bad shape, he is comfortable for about half the race then starts losing feeling in his right leg. It's tough for him in the car right now. and the road courses are going to be tougher. I disagree that he is the father figure right now though. Personally, Mark Martin takes that distinction.
I agree w/ most of what you have said here..but do have somewhat of a different opinion on Dale Jr. as in him not giving feedback to CC.. I can also see your point about MM .. But my point is MM doesn't have the Wins that Jeff does, I too respect MM, and do realize what he is to Nascar. Plus, Mark is a very good man, a very clean driver.
Kyle, no doubt he is a great driver.. but .. What is going to happen to this kid ..if, and when he ever goes through a slump as we as Long time Race fans have watched many goe through?
We all know every great driver goes through a rough time in their career.. My question is, Will Kyle be able to handle that? He gets upset w/a 5th place finish as it is and stomps off..And I don't mean that in a bad way.. I am really concerned as to how this guy will except it .
And Joey.. well I see nothing but improvement w/ the kid every race.. Yep i do think he will give a lot of them all they can handle .
Enjoy the race., good luck to your driver.

Since: Jun 09

Smyrna, TN

#27 Jun 14, 2009
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text> I agree w/ most of what you have said here..but do have somewhat of a different opinion on Dale Jr. as in him not giving feedback to CC.. I can also see your point about MM .. But my point is MM doesn't have the Wins that Jeff does, I too respect MM, and do realize what he is to Nascar. Plus, Mark is a very good man, a very clean driver.
Kyle, no doubt he is a great driver.. but .. What is going to happen to this kid ..if, and when he ever goes through a slump as we as Long time Race fans have watched many goe through?
We all know every great driver goes through a rough time in their career.. My question is, Will Kyle be able to handle that? He gets upset w/a 5th place finish as it is and stomps off..And I don't mean that in a bad way.. I am really concerned as to how this guy will except it .
And Joey.. well I see nothing but improvement w/ the kid every race.. Yep i do think he will give a lot of them all they can handle .
Enjoy the race., good luck to your driver.
I agree, dry spell will test his metal. You gotta hope that the other people in the garage JG an MM wil show some guidance there as we all know, drivers are pretty tight and will let most things ride but will eventually, hopefully, have that sit down "come ta Jesus" meeting with him beecause his racing attitude is good for the sport but not his personal attitude. It's not that I don't think JR is giving feedback to his crew chief it's that he want's the car to be able to run full throttle all the way around the track like the COT predecessor did and that seems to be the feedback he gives. A little different setup needs on these cars. Tony Eury tried to give him that, but new CC is a little more knowledgeable in engineering make up and I believe when JR gets that insight, he will be much more of a force on the track. Pulling for Tony today in Sprint, good luck and have fun today!!

Since: Jul 08

United States

#28 Jun 14, 2009
Jrh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that "Jr" would dump bodies in Lake Norman, I suggested that his crazy freak Azz fans probably would if anyone spoke ill of Jr! They are the reason Kyle needs 24 hour security!!
Jr's fans throw fully loaded beer cans at women and children during a race on national television, nothing is beyond their capabilites!!
Please dig up that post where I said that "Jr" dumps bodies!! I'm tired of being mis-quoted in the press!!
No, you said Junior's FRIENDS not his FANS dump bodies of young gilrs into Lake Norman. And you spout off so much crazy sh!t on these forums, how are we to remember what you did or did not say????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Sheltra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR: Kurt Busch to race in NHRA Gatornationals (Jan '11) Jan '11 OSUSam 1
News Power Rankings: Notable drivers missing from pr... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Chelsea 1
News NASCAR: signature moments of the decade (Dec '09) Dec '09 Pedro z cousin 2
News Crew chief Addington switches Busch teamsLongti... (Dec '09) Dec '09 barr 2
News Distractions haven't left Kurt Busch running on... (Oct '09) Oct '09 nascar fan 1
News Busch closes gap, but he's still 13th (Aug '09) Aug '09 Not a busch fan 1
News Fryer's Five: Stewart in championship form - NA... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Teacher14fan 2
More from around the web