Empty seats at Bristol, seriously?

Mar 20, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

The race at Bristol Motor Speedway Sunday wasn't a sellout. Not even close.A In fact there appeared to be entire sections with seats that had no butts firmly planted in them.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Slamming Sammy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Bristol tickets were once billed as some of the toughest tickets to get in all sports. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that small crowd yesterday.

Yes it's the track's fault. There were no empty seats before they "improved" the track by repaving it. Since they've changed the banking, get used to seeing a lot of aluminum where you used to see a lot of people.

After seeing the kind of racing they saw at Bristol for years, nobody wants to spend money to watch that crap they're putting out there now. You might disagree but facts are facts.
bristol fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

as much as that it's the hi dollar hotel rates. 200-250 a night for a 79.00 room. 105 a night for an old dump. it's ridiculous.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 22, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bristol fan wrote:
as much as that it's the hi dollar hotel rates. 200-250 a night for a 79.00 room. 105 a night for an old dump. it's ridiculous.
The motels do the same thing in Pigeon Forge,Tn. They add a $100.00 extra charge to the rooms during car shows and special events. Isn't that the same price gouging that the oil companies are doing??

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 22, 2011
 
No, it's not. because on the back of every hotel room door(or advertised somewhere in the room) there is a placard which states the max price the hotel may charge for the room.
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>The motels do the same thing in Pigeon Forge,Tn. They add a $100.00 extra charge to the rooms during car shows and special events. Isn't that the same price gouging that the oil companies are doing??

“America is getting FAT”

Since: Oct 08

Herndon, Va.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 22, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Could be that people are finally finished getting ripped off for a sporting event! I have had it with this crap. In DC, going to see football games is OUT. The money for tickets and parking and a beer is simply out of control. All sports are going to feel the wrath of people making awesome sports bar basements like me!!!

Hi-Def, cheap beer, any food I want, no parking charges, no loud rednecks yelling stuff, no nonsense!!!
Ms Motorsports

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 22, 2011
 
Bristol used to tear tires up and it always made it more interesting because you never knew who would lose one when.

Now that it's been repaved, It ain't the same
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 22, 2011
 

Judged:

1

menards wrote:
No, it's not. because on the back of every hotel room door(or advertised somewhere in the room) there is a placard which states the max price the hotel may charge for the room.
<quoted text>
It's still a ripoff to have two pricing tiers. They also know that they don't have to clean the rooms as good because on a heavy weekend because where are the disgusted people going to go if all the dumps are full? They have you by the b@!!$.
Bob R

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 24, 2011
 
LLC2 wrote:
Could be that people are finally finished getting ripped off for a sporting event! I have had it with this crap. In DC, going to see football games is OUT. The money for tickets and parking and a beer is simply out of control. All sports are going to feel the wrath of people making awesome sports bar basements like me!!!
Hi-Def, cheap beer, any food I want, no parking charges, no loud rednecks yelling stuff, no nonsense!!!
Scary thing is, your "awesome sports bar basement" probably cost about the same amount as one day at the track for you and the family. And, you'll enjoy many a sports event on that big screen, just don't let the Hi-Def sun glaring off the empty NASCAR stands blind you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••