Earnhardt gaining confidence in chief

Earnhardt gaining confidence in chief

There are 308 comments on the TBO Sports story from Jun 13, 2009, titled Earnhardt gaining confidence in chief. In it, TBO Sports reports that:

It's been a long, eventful year since Dale Earnhardt Jr. last visited Victory Lane in a NASCAR Sprint Cup race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TBO Sports.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Brenda Reader

United States

#1 Jul 26, 2009
I have always been taught that it is not how many times you win, but how you play the game. Dale Jr. has a wonderful, humble, truthful personality that no one can help but love him. He really has given up so much of his life to raceing and especially sacrificing his time with him father. None of us have been in his shoes. I love him like one of my own children and I am so proud of the person and the race car driver that he is. I would love to see him win even though that is not the most important thing to me which is his safety and the safety of all the drivers, crews, and fans. Too bad that his crew chief was not changed sooner, and since then with all the rain, it just has not been ideal for him even though he qualified well, he still got the bad breaks in the line ups. He has been running very well and just hasn't gotten the right breaks. But on top of everything else, Junior has maintained his naturally honest, humble personality and that is why he is number 1 with the fans. WE love him and what he stands for. He is a True American first and a race car driver second. I am very proud to claim him as my driver win or lose and I am priviledged to wear his shirt. We Love You Junior! Good Luck at the Brickyard!
WWE NASCAR

Trumbull, CT

#2 Jul 26, 2009
Enough with the Jr BS, he just blew another one. He's nothing more than a grid filler.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#3 Jul 26, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
Enough with the Jr BS, he just blew another one. He's nothing more than a grid filler.
He was up in the top ten, so the grid filler comment is wrong.

Since: Apr 07

Miami

#4 Jul 26, 2009
18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
He was up in the top ten, so the grid filler comment is wrong.
True. He was actually competitive today.

Have they figured out what caused his engine to blow up? Was it a mechanic mistake, or his driving?

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#5 Jul 26, 2009
Preston2 wrote:
<quoted text>
True. He was actually competitive today.
Have they figured out what caused his engine to blow up? Was it a mechanic mistake, or his driving?
I think he said he popped a piston or something, I can't remember.
Me Too

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jul 26, 2009
Jr. said on the radio, it was my fault.

He shifted the gear or something too early.
Lindsay

United States

#7 Jul 26, 2009
What a shocker, Jr blowing another motor!!
Think again

Katy, TX

#8 Jul 26, 2009
18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
He was up in the top ten, so the grid filler comment is wrong.
No, he was out of the pits in the 13th spot when he blew up.
He started 3rd and was going backwards the whole race, not racing to the front but losing positions one by one as the other drivers managed to get around him on a track where it's hard to pass.

Once again, Junior had a ho-hum showing and his own mistake put him in the garage. Typical day for the also-ran-champ-wanna-be.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#9 Jul 26, 2009
Think again wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was out of the pits in the 13th spot when he blew up.
He started 3rd and was going backwards the whole race, not racing to the front but losing positions one by one as the other drivers managed to get around him on a track where it's hard to pass.
Once again, Junior had a ho-hum showing and his own mistake put him in the garage. Typical day for the also-ran-champ-wanna-be.
No, He was competitive, and he had a good car, even the announcers said he had a good day, It must be so tough being a Jr hater, and yet being obsessed with him.
Me Too

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jul 26, 2009
Think again wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was out of the pits in the 13th spot when he blew up.
He started 3rd and was going backwards the whole race, not racing to the front but losing positions one by one as the other drivers managed to get around him on a track where it's hard to pass.
Once again, Junior had a ho-hum showing and his own mistake put him in the garage. Typical day for the also-ran-champ-wanna-be.
I viewed the race in part.
He stated as he was in 5th position, the car was tight. They released air pressure to help, right, during the next pit stop?

What happened?
Think again

Katy, TX

#11 Jul 26, 2009
18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, He was competitive, and he had a good car, even the announcers said he had a good day, It must be so tough being a Jr hater, and yet being obsessed with him.
Yeah, the announcers are always right. They also said that Montoya was on his way to victory lane today, right before he went speeding down pit road and got penalized. "Competitive" is when you are "racing" for the lead and challenging the others on the track to win. Junior did not do any of those things, he just drove around in circles and went backwards as the other drivers got around him. His crew did a good job of keeping him in the same position he was in, but Junior didn't do anything to advance his position under the green flag.

So, I guess you think the whole point of racing is to just stay out there circling the track all day and if he does that, even if he never challenges anyone, he's a contender for the win. You don't really understand the concept of "racing" do you? It must be really tough to be a Junior fan who doesn't understand the sport any better then Junior himself does.
Lindsay

United States

#12 Jul 26, 2009
18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, He was competitive, and he had a good car, even the announcers said he had a good day, It must be so tough being a Jr hater, and yet being obsessed with him.
How about that finish for Kyle!! WHOO-HOO go Kyle!!

He just raced his self out of the chase! LOL

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#13 Jul 26, 2009
Think again wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the announcers are always right. They also said that Montoya was on his way to victory lane today, right before he went speeding down pit road and got penalized. "Competitive" is when you are "racing" for the lead and challenging the others on the track to win. Junior did not do any of those things, he just drove around in circles and went backwards as the other drivers got around him. His crew did a good job of keeping him in the same position he was in, but Junior didn't do anything to advance his position under the green flag.
So, I guess you think the whole point of racing is to just stay out there circling the track all day and if he does that, even if he never challenges anyone, he's a contender for the win. You don't really understand the concept of "racing" do you? It must be really tough to be a Junior fan who doesn't understand the sport any better then Junior himself does.
Competitive, doesn't have to mean racing for the lead, it can mean racing for any position, and he was in the top five and ten most of the day. And no, not a Jr fan, but thanks for being the most bitter person on here.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#14 Jul 26, 2009
Lindsay wrote:
<quoted text>
How about that finish for Kyle!! WHOO-HOO go Kyle!!
He just raced his self out of the chase! LOL
You may be right, but we will have to wait till Richmond, won't we?:) so bite the big one, little tramp.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#15 Jul 26, 2009
Junior was competitive today. He was in the top ten, which is what I wanted. Indy really isn't one of his better tracks, so I would have been thrilled with that. It seems that he and Lance aren't destined to get their first top ten together. Whenever it looks like it'll happen, poof! gone. I am going to party like there is no tomorrow when it happens, though. LOL.

Oh, and Denny Hamlin broke his transmission when he pulle dout of the pits. Are you folsk picking on him as well??????
Read

Katy, TX

#16 Jul 26, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
Oh, and Denny Hamlin broke his transmission when he pulle dout of the pits. Are you folsk picking on him as well??????
The thread is about Junior, not Denny.
Lindsay

United States

#17 Jul 26, 2009
18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right, but we will have to wait till Richmond, won't we?:) so bite the big one, little tramp.
Now I know why you like Kyle so much, you two have the same attitude. Use Kyle as an example, you don't get to far in life with a crappy attitude.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#18 Jul 26, 2009
Lindsay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know why you like Kyle so much, you two have the same attitude. Use Kyle as an example, you don't get to far in life with a crappy attitude.
Bite Me :)
Lindsay

United States

#19 Jul 26, 2009
18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite Me :)
Sorry, I don't swing that way.
lisaisdelusional

AOL

#20 Jul 26, 2009
18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, He was competitive, and he had a good car, even the announcers said he had a good day, It must be so tough being a Jr hater, and yet being obsessed with him.
You should know! You are obsessed w/him and YOU hate him. Well, you didn't, then you did, now you don't? Jumper!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nate Monteith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Retired NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon to drive in... Dec '16 Allspeed 2
News Last Weekend's NASCAR Race Had Lowest Televisio... (May '16) Nov '16 MrTinkertrain24 16
News Alex Labbe captures pole position (May '16) May '16 raw 1
News New 'NASCAR Next' Class Announced (May '16) May '16 Gary Klutt 1
News NASCAR distances itself from Donald Trump after... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Fart news 23
News NBC Sports Group's Formula One Continues Sunday (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News The Player: DP Customs' Racy 1200 Sportster (Jan '15) Jan '15 fastharryDOTcom 1
More from around the web