Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race car driver'

Jun 27, 2013 Full story: The State

Part III of Matt Clark's sit-down with NASCAR on Fox/Speed analyst Kyle Petty was a candid one.

Full Story
Chris o

Bowmanville, Canada

#1 Jul 1, 2013
Danika is under more scrutiny and more pressure than Kyle could of ever imagined his first full season in Sprint cup! She is driving fine and will only continue to get better with more experience. Unfortunately there will always be people like Kyle trying to put her down. I just don,t bother to listen to him. I find hm more annoying than informative plus can,t stand the look of him either.
bubba

Pulaski, NY

#2 Jul 1, 2013
Chris o wrote:
Danika is under more scrutiny and more pressure than Kyle could of ever imagined his first full season in Sprint cup! She is driving fine and will only continue to get better with more experience. Unfortunately there will always be people like Kyle trying to put her down. I just don,t bother to listen to him. I find hm more annoying than informative plus can,t stand the look of him either.
really , you think when he came to cup , being the son of the king was pressure free , and back in those days the drivers you drove against were not as nice including , Earnhardt Sr., Darrel Waltrip , the Yarboros and the Allisons ,....
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

#3 Jul 2, 2013
Thanks bubba - your points are spot on. Whether you consider it "putting her down" or a dispassionate assessment of her performance, Danica's record speaks for itself and it says she is not competitive.

Chris o'stupid - your prediction is not based on data, just your ignorance bias. She consistently in the mid to high 20's and has said her strategy is to hold back, waiting for others to take themselves out. Performance and strategy that would have any man in another endeavor. She is not a competitor.

Also - I'm not sure anyone cares what you like. Maybe Kyle can't sleep for your hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keselowski And Stewart Fined After Charlotte Sc... Oct '14 Let it go 12
Scopyd Crossbows Backs Whitt's No. 26 (Apr '14) Apr '14 Bobby James 1
Drivers to watch at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Auto ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Norman2 1
Is NASCAR's New Qualifying System a Preview for... (Jan '14) Feb '14 Bubba 3
Dale Earnhardt Jr. supportive of move to TV by ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jusy_Sayn 4
Can Richard Petty Motorsports be relevant again... (Jan '14) Jan '14 chuck 2
Johnson celebrates 6th title with eye on 7th (Dec '13) Dec '13 Whoyakidding 3
More from around the web