Bobby Labonte's start streak to end at 704

Jun 25, 2013 Full story: Sunherald.com 11

Labonte is not entered to race Saturday night at Kentucky Speedway, which will bring an end to the second-longest active starts streak in NASCAR behind Jeff Gordon's 705 starts.

Full Story
Labonte fan

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jun 26, 2013
Total bullsh*t!!
Bill

Mesa, AZ

#2 Jun 26, 2013
It's not bull. The man hasn't performed well in years. He's been lagging in the back of the field. The team needs a whole new transformation across the board.
dick

Green Bay, WI

#3 Jun 26, 2013
I think its great... a weekend off, good for him. I don't like him much anyway. he has plenty of money. go way now LOL LOL why would any body be a fan of that loser. cant win....cane even finish a race. he a step below even danicrash LOL LOL
dick

Green Bay, WI

#6 Jun 26, 2013
maybe he can drive danicas coach for her, unless he starts and parks it LOL LOL LOL
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#7 Jun 26, 2013
dick wrote:
I think its great... a weekend off, good for him. I don't like him much anyway. he has plenty of money. go way now LOL LOL why would any body be a fan of that loser. cant win....cane even finish a race. he a step below even danicrash LOL LOL
that loser was the 2000 Winston Cup Champion. That's more of an accomplishment than most nascar drivers.
dick

Green Bay, WI

#8 Jun 26, 2013
yes it is.... now time to step back and enjoy himself
Bill

Mesa, AZ

#9 Jun 26, 2013
It's time to scrap the guys who bring out a caution every hour. Labonte is one of them.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#10 Jun 27, 2013
For a team that knows they have no chance to win with the equipment they can afford, having a past champion as a driver that can guarantee them a spot in every race is a dream come true. For the driver, it's several hundred thousand dollars a year in income for the most minimal time that a driver has to put in. For the fans and competition, it's a total waste. One of the start and parks almost always are involved in something that causes a caution before they finally quit riding around and park it. NASCAR allows it because they fear the day that they don't have that magical number 43 to start a race.
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#11 Oct 16, 2013
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>that loser was the 2000 Winston Cup Champion. That's more of an accomplishment than most nascar drivers.
That was also 13 years and a few hundred races ago. Back then I could stay up all night and work all day. Now I can stay up most of the night and sleep all day.
Phx

Glendale, AZ

#12 Oct 16, 2013
It's a shame that bobby won't be remembered for being a champion driver. He will be remembered by most fans as the driver who wrecked or brought out the most cautions. I wish he would have left when he was still a winner
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#13 Oct 17, 2013
Phx wrote:
It's a shame that bobby won't be remembered for being a champion driver. He will be remembered by most fans as the driver who wrecked or brought out the most cautions. I wish he would have left when he was still a winner
I know what you mean. I grew up as a diehard Richard Petty fan and knew along about 85 or 86 that his reign was over. It broke my heart to see him struggle so hard through the late eighties and early ninties and always finish so poorly. It's pride I guess. He certainly didn't have to do it for the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Nextel Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand jury to hear Tony Stewart fatal collision... Sep 20 RayOne 3
Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... Sep 15 john 1
Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism Aug '14 Manic 2 39
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
Tony Stewart faces an uncertain future Aug '14 CatRod53 11
Josh Wise's fans look to unseat Earnhardt Jr. Aug '14 flatt 7
Bristol NASCAR fans: Will you "Stand With Smoke... Aug '14 Amigoty 1

NASCAR Nextel Cup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE