Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR

Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR

There are 86 comments on the Fox Sports story from Aug 19, 2013, titled Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR. In it, Fox Sports reports that:

Lee Spencer is the Senior NASCAR Writer for FOXSports.com. She has provided award-winning coverage of auto racing over the last 15 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox Sports.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41 Aug 23, 2013
Breaking news.. Stewart Haas changing name to "Smoke and mirrors". Lol

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#42 Aug 23, 2013
JohnnyDeppFan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never met Kyle have you? Or you're jealous because he wins more than Jr.
Yes I see Kylie every year at Indy and he thanked me for his crying towel. NO I am not jealous of him and if my favorite driver acted like he does he would not be my favorite long.
Smoke

Bethesda, MD

#43 Aug 23, 2013
Read where Gene Haas is the one pushing for Kurt. Said if no sponsorship could be found he is willing to sponsor him out of his own pocket. Guess they have been buddies for quite a while. Don't think Smoke has any say in the matter.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#44 Aug 23, 2013
Smoke wrote:
Read where Gene Haas is the one pushing for Kurt. Said if no sponsorship could be found he is willing to sponsor him out of his own pocket. Guess they have been buddies for quite a while. Don't think Smoke has any say in the matter.
Tony and Kurt have called each other a lot of names - don't remember "buddy" be one of them.
Manic 2

Newington, CT

#45 Aug 23, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony and Kurt have called each other a lot of names - don't remember "buddy" be one of them.
I think she meant Gene & Kurt R friends. I think. It is Gene team also we have to except the man can hire who he wishes to drive his car. Like it or do not like it.
Manic 2

Newington, CT

#46 Aug 23, 2013
Smoke wrote:
If Gene is willing to put up his own money to sponsor Kurt. What can Smoke say. I just feel sorry for Ryan he must feel like he was kicked in the gut. Hey if Tony can hire DP Gene can hire KB. LOL J/S

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#47 Aug 23, 2013
Kurt supposedly met at their shop this week...I just can't see harvick, Stewart and Busch on one team...should make for some drama though...

Maybe they're talking about combining into one collaborative group team?
Manic 2

Newington, CT

#48 Aug 23, 2013
After speaking w/ Tony Stewart, Rodney Childers (@rchilders55) CONFIRMS his intentions to move to @StewartHaasRcng: http://fb.me/1UBYatsSh
GO TONY GO

Elk Grove Village, IL

#49 Aug 23, 2013
JMO When I first heard that Kurt might come to SHR I thought are you cazy? But the more I have thought about this it may not be such a crazy idea. Reasons they all know how to drive cars well, they all know alot about what their cars needs to go fast, with all this shared knowledge good things can come of it. They all have unique personlities, they will try to out do each other because they all want to be the best and not let the other one do better. It might be just the boost SHR needs. Just think of the new info could be obtained by these 2 new drivers.
Manic 2

Newington, CT

#50 Aug 23, 2013
Jusy_Sayn wrote:
Kurt supposedly met at their shop this week...I just can't see harvick, Stewart and Busch on one team...should make for some drama though...
Maybe they're talking about combining into one collaborative group team?
It will be like throwing 3 male bettas in the tank & see which one survives .Will make for an interesting season :0
JohnnyDeppFan2

Pensacola, FL

#51 Aug 23, 2013
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I see Kylie every year at Indy and he thanked me for his crying towel. NO I am not jealous of him and if my favorite driver acted like he does he would not be my favorite long.
You're certainly Jealous that Kyle wins a lot. Jr, not so much, except for popularity votes
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#52 Aug 23, 2013
Manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text> I think she meant Gene & Kurt R friends. I think. It is Gene team also we have to except the man can hire who he wishes to drive his car. Like it or do not like it.
I got that - I was trying to make the point that Kurt Busch and Tony are not, and I don't think they really ever have been, on good terms.

I haven't heard Tony's side of this, but I would guess he's ticked. Having your name and reputation top billing for the company ought to get you a say in running the organization. Not only is he losing a friend as a teammate, it looks like a good chance he's gaining an enemy to replace him. Maybe this isn't turning out to be the sweet deal Tony expected it to be after all?
Manic 2

Farmington, CT

#53 Aug 23, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got that - I was trying to make the point that Kurt Busch and Tony are not, and I don't think they really ever have been, on good terms.
I haven't heard Tony's side of this, but I would guess he's ticked. Having your name and reputation top billing for the company ought to get you a say in running the organization. Not only is he losing a friend as a teammate, it looks like a good chance he's gaining an enemy to replace him. Maybe this isn't turning out to be the sweet deal Tony expected it to be after all?
I do not see what he would be mad about.They each have the right to pick their own drivers.And if Gene is willing to put his own money up to sponsor any driver. He has the right to pick the driver to put in the car. I think money will always speak & I have a feeling Haas has the big bucks .After all Ryan's car is owned by Tony.( According to wiki )So why didn't Tony put his money up to sponsor is own (Ryan's) car ? Instead it was HAAS automation. I think it really does boil down to who has the biggest wallet. I personally have any idea which of the two men is the money man. I would put my money on Gene.From what I have read on here and FB & twitter .Tony's fans R facing the truth Tony does not run the organization.Plus none of use know what the contract is between Gene Haas & Tony . And we never will . J/S
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#54 Aug 24, 2013
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/kurt-bu...

Who would have thought Kurt Busch is the hottest commodity in Nascar?!
CatRod53

Harvey, IL

#55 Aug 24, 2013
Manic 2 wrote:
<quoted text>I do not see what he would be mad about.They each have the right to pick their own drivers.And if Gene is willing to put his own money up to sponsor any driver. He has the right to pick the driver to put in the car. I think money will always speak & I have a feeling Haas has the big bucks .After all Ryan's car is owned by Tony.( According to wiki )So why didn't Tony put his money up to sponsor is own (Ryan's) car ? Instead it was HAAS automation. I think it really does boil down to who has the biggest wallet. I personally have any idea which of the two men is the money man. I would put my money on Gene.From what I have read on here and FB & twitter .Tony's fans R facing the truth Tony does not run the organization.Plus none of use know what the contract is between Gene Haas & Tony . And we never will . J/S
I would agree that money talks, and we don't how much, if anything, Tony has invested financially in SHR. Maybe I'm naive, but this sure looks like a lop-sided partnership.

Zippy obviously is just a "yes" man. When the decision about Ryan became public he was right there with Tony telling the world that SHR isn't ready to become a 4-car team in 2014. Today he's Gene's puppet saying they're putting things in place for Kurt.

It's beginning to look like Tony and Zippy have sold their souls to the devil.
Manic 2

Newington, CT

#56 Aug 24, 2013
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree that money talks, and we don't how much, if anything, Tony has invested financially in SHR. Maybe I'm naive, but this sure looks like a lop-sided partnership.
Zippy obviously is just a "yes" man. When the decision about Ryan became public he was right there with Tony telling the world that SHR isn't ready to become a 4-car team in 2014. Today he's Gene's puppet saying they're putting things in place for Kurt.
It's beginning to look like Tony and Zippy have sold their souls to the devil.
No one twisted Zippy or Tony's arm to leave Gibbs.How can any team owner run an organization when they R never there??? Tony is off racing all over the country. He lives his life like a playboy.( And he has every right to) Plus the drivers Tony has picked RN & DP have not set the world on fire. Can U imagine how many millions of dollars they have cost in wrecked race cars???? Normally a partnership is 50/50.Gene Haas has a right to pick at least 1 driver. And again It does not matter who the team owner of a cup team is .When it comes down to who drivers the cars its the sponsors choice. And its been this way for many many years.Remember Haas is not only a team owner he also is a sponsor .I very surprised Tony's fans haven't wondered how he can run a successful Cup team when he is never there.
debrobeaudean

Falls Church, VA

#57 Aug 24, 2013
personally, I think if Kurt joins SHR, that will make SHR with Tony, Kevin and Kurt the Premeire team

Location hidden

#58 Aug 24, 2013
JohnnyDeppFan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're certainly Jealous that Kyle wins a lot. Jr, not so much, except for popularity votes
I am not jealous of that little turk. I don't care if he wins every race his actions and the way he breaks the law makes him look stupid in my book. How could anyone be jealous of that. I remember when you had Jr then Carl as your favorites but they were to mild for you I guess. He sure smacked his rear end good yesterday. Guess he got his rear end overhauled today.
JohnnyDeppFan2

Pensacola, FL

#59 Aug 24, 2013
snow wrote:
<quoted text>I am not jealous of that little turk. I don't care if he wins every race his actions and the way he breaks the law makes him look stupid in my book. How could anyone be jealous of that. I remember when you had Jr then Carl as your favorites but they were to mild for you I guess. He sure smacked his rear end good yesterday. Guess he got his rear end overhauled today.
What has he broken? Only got caught speeding once, Get over it!!! He's gonna win again tonight and you will cry.

Location hidden

#60 Aug 26, 2013
JohnnyDeppFan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What has he broken? Only got caught speeding once, Get over it!!! He's gonna win again tonight and you will cry.
He even lost his right to drive on the highway over his speeding spree with his wife in the car. He should have lost his right to drive on the track. He did not win but got his rear end torn up again Ha Ha.I It will take more than Kylie Busch to make me cry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Nextel Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Team owner Hendrick hopeful Earnhardt returns a... Wed WWE CRASHCAR 2016 12
News Kevin Harvick hopes for another Brickyard 400 win Jul 23 judylbrown3 1
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... Jul 17 RichK 2
News McMurray starts 'Big One,' wrecks half the fiel... Jul 3 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Nation-Now 1 hour ago 6:03 a.m.NASCAR looks bey... Jul 1 Hilton Head 1
News Last Weekend's NASCAR Race Had Lowest Televisio... Jun '16 WWE CRASHCAR 2016 12
News NASCAR star Joey Logano to kick off Bowlero Col... Jun '16 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web