NRA 500 Suicide: Man Shoots Himself To Death At NASCAR Race

Apr 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Switched

A Texas man used a gun to commit suicide in the infield of a National Rifle Association-sponsored NASCAR race at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth late on Saturday, local authorities said.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2013
Smth

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

If I had to watch tha crap I'd do the same!
Mary

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

A. Please tell me this wasn't a protest

B. Uh, hello!? SECURITY CHECKS!?...

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Mary wrote:
As sad of an incident as this is, it says he was in an automobile and unless it is posted on a state certified sign, it is legal in Texas to have a firearm in your automobile. I do not know if Texas motor speedway has a certified sign though because even if you have a concealed handgun license, if there is a certified sign posted, it is a felony to possess any kind of firearm.

I believe we live in a society that has a fine line between right and wrong and there is a mental disorder term for every state of mind. It's like a neat freak is just as mentally ill as a slob.

Gun control is just one of those debates that will never end. I believe that as long as the gun show loop hold exists, guns getting in the hands of the wrong people will still be a problem. When purchasing any kind of firearm from anywhere, the purchaser must go through the same back ground checks for felonies and the NRA is pushing mental illness to be a part of the background checks. The problem with the mental illness is that over 50% of the mentally ill are never diagnosed because they don't get help. Often times an unlawfully possessed firearm won't be caught until it is too late.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Smth wrote:
If I had to watch tha crap I'd do the same!
You don't have too...this comment is quite scary. If you don't like racing, you don't have to associate yourself with it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Mary wrote:

Have you been in the infield? Security checks are unrealistic with incoming cars...just glad no innocent peeps were harmed....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••