Donovan McNabb Sparks Controversy After Saying NASCAR Drivers Aren't Athletes

Nov 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

During an appearance on Fox Sports Live on Friday, the former NFL quarterback refused to classify Jimmie Johnson as an athlete.

Comments
21 - 22 of 22 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody stated that Jimmie Johnson was an tri athlete of pro quality. I would wonder if McNabb would beat those times in the swim, bike and run in a competition.
Actually if you re-read the posts, it was said that JJ is an "athlete" because he does triathalons. I merely pointed out that that JJs triathalons are of the "average joe" status. I can beat JJ's triathalon times, and I am 50lbs overweight and dont train.(for full disclosure, I was an all-american swimmer in HS and swam D1 in college) Donavan Mcnabb would have no trouble with JJ in a triathalon.
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of one of the first Battle of the Network Superstars when Joe Frazier entered the swim contest and had to be helped out of the pool before he drown.
I have seen competitive swimmers who had to be helped out of the pool before they drown in races. These are people who knew how to swim. Accidents happen. Dont know what point you are trying to make here.
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get down to it soccer players are about the only elite athletes playing any sport, they do it for more than 45 seconds before a break and they do not get to sit on the bench half of the game.
1) thats not true. depends on your position. 2) I dont give a shit about soccer. Its off topic.
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text> Now, bring on most of the African American football players and get them to swim in a competition, are they athletes?
1) your question is racist, because your implying black people cant swim. 2) Are you really asking me if robert griffen 111 is an athlete if he doesnt know to swim? Really? 4.1 40 time. Yeah, he's an athlete. 3) In all your rambling, you still have failed to address the topic at hand. What makes a RACE CAR DRIVER an "athlete"? Convince me.
ken c

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

like in soccer. you don't see many over weight folks playin the game. I've played semi pro soccer and was an accomplished enduro motorcycle racer, and there is no way I could compete in nascar.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••