Chase Elliott to drive for Dale Earnhardt Jr. at JR Motorsports

Jan 6, 2014 Full story: Sporting News 52

Chase Elliott, who just turned 18 on Nov. 28, will run the full Nationwide Series schedule for Earnhardt's JR Motorsports.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wang

Lexington, NC

#42 Feb 21, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>What is your excuse for Chase wrecking all them cars in the Arca race last Saturday??? He needs to get his head out of his A$$.
Herro snow. He take dlive tip flom Dare Jl.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#43 Feb 21, 2014
Wang wrote:
<quoted text>
Herro snow. He take dlive tip flom Dare Jl.
What is a dlive tip?
Learn some ENGLISH PLEASE.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#44 Feb 21, 2014
I will translate Wang. Snow wants you to realn some Engrish prease.
Wang

Angier, NC

#45 Feb 21, 2014
Hilton Head wrote:
I will translate Wang. Snow wants you to realn some Engrish prease.
You have excerrent command of Engrish ranguage.
Wang think snow need Engrish resson. Many many resson.
Wang

Angier, NC

#46 Feb 21, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>What is a dlive tip?
Learn some ENGLISH PLEASE.
Herro snow
You not undelstand prain Engrish.
You go get Engrish resson!!!
You go now!!!
chop chop
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#47 Feb 24, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>What is your excuse for Chase wrecking all them cars in the Arca race last Saturday??? He needs to get his head out of his A$$.
That's funny. Apparently you are the only one on planet earth that saw a replay where he clearly made contact with the car in front of him. Chase was very clear instantly on the radio saying he hadn't touched the guy and he pushed loose. I really don't think he would have said that unless he was sure he had not touched him since he would have figured the replay picked it up.

That being said you'll have to get me up to speed....I was not aware that because I have commented that he is a talented kid that it was up to me to defend him if YOU feel he caused a wreck and even IF he did cause it which is not conclusive to anyone unless they are lacking common sense (you included apparently) those things happen in racing. Kyle Busch is probably one of the most talented drivers in the HISTORY of NASCAR and wrecked Kasey Kahne 3 times last year....and they're FRIENDS.

Also...newsflash.....Chase is BARLEY 18 and anyone with common sense understands he has a lot to learn. I thought he was as smooth as a veteran in the Nationwide race which was his first time in competition in that type of car bust I guess I missed your comment there where he deserved some credit since apparently you are dead set on ripping an 18 year old kid who is still in a learning phase of his career because of your own personal insecurities.
brown

United States

#48 Feb 24, 2014
Dale Jr rocks
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#49 Feb 25, 2014
CNDBILLFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Get used of that little terd, you BIG TURD!!!
He is going to make JR Motorsports a Sh.. load of money and himself as well.
Too Bad that you can't get over the fact that an Elliott is driving for an Earnhardt but this is it. You may just as well embrace it because Jr. isn't going to win shit on the track himself.
Furthermore, Ty Dillion is the most arrogant P.O.S. ever. I'm going to love watching an Elliott be the crap out of Dick Childresses grand baby on the track this year. What irony, Earnhardt giving an Elliott the opportunity to beat the #3
Man this is great!!!!
Guess you think Jr winning the Daytona race was not winning shit. You better think again.
3 DE fan

Gloversville, NY

#50 Feb 25, 2014
I think if Chase comes along he may take over for Gordon , he said if he won the championship he would retire , so he is thinking about it ..
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#51 Feb 26, 2014
3 DE fan wrote:
I think if Chase comes along he may take over for Gordon , he said if he won the championship he would retire , so he is thinking about it ..
that would be a great way to go out. He can still compete, but there is a lot of talent on the track this year that will make it difficult.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#52 Feb 26, 2014
CNDBILLFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I would also like to add that CRY Dillon was running out of fuel while blocking a faster truck which had a lot more momentum at the time.
How come a know it all like yourself can't see anything from a different perspective???
CRY Dillon is going to lose many more battles in the near future to that Elliott boy driving that Earnhardt Hot-Rod!!!!
Well race 1 he did not win that battle.
Maybe he will come through in race 2. I think Cry as you call him put on a better show.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#53 Feb 28, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> Well race 1 he did not win that battle.
Maybe he will come through in race 2. I think Cry as you call him put on a better show.
Geeze you're desperate.....Do you mean Ty finished ahead of Chase at Daytona? While that IS true it was clear that Chase drove an awesome race and this month was the FIRST time he had ever raced at Daytona or in the draft. He got in the wrong line at the end of the race and there was no time to rebound plain and simple. He ran top 5 almost all day. Ty has way more experience in that type of racing but Chase held his own. If you watched the pre race show EVERYONE agrees that Chase is the real deal and that's evident in the fact that Rick Hendrick is not known for bringing drivers along in a development program but he is doing so with Chase because he is the entire package...the talent, the demeanor, and the pedigree. I just can't understand why you are in such a hurry to down a kid.

My only fear is that people will expect too much from him too soon. Right now all I want to see from him every week for the first half of the year is to bring the car home clean on the lead lap. Anything else is just a bonus. It's all about logging laps right now. I also don't thing the Jr Motorsports equipment is anywhere close to Childress, Gibbs and Penske in the Nationwide series so Chase will have an uphill battle from there. But if and when he gets to Cup...look out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Nextel Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This race fan is 'bummed' (Feb '12) Nov '14 DOug 90
Harvick doesn't regret shoving Keselowski Nov '14 freadrich 1
Penske supports Keselowski after latest NASCAR ... Nov '14 Damion Wells 2
Jeff Gordon hits NASCAR's Brad Keselowski in pi... Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
NASCAR Brawl Ends with Jeff Gordon Bloody Lip, ... Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
Nascar to cut H.P. next year Nov '14 goob 1
Earnhardt captures NASCAR Sprint Cup victory at... Nov '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 9
More from around the web