Is blocking in NASCAR a 'chicken' move?

Apr 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Dale Earnhardt Jr. says he hopes other drivers would give him room if they try to block him.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Apr 20, 2013

Since: Sep 12

Jackson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

My issue with Ryan Newman's comments aren't so much about "chicken moves" so much as that he had no idea what he was saying. He said blocking is an open-wheel thing, like F1 or IndyCar, but in reality open-wheel series like these have strict rules regarding blocking because in open-wheel it can be quite a bit more dangerous.
http://tinyurl.com/d4q8w4w
Hard Racing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

IceMan PJN wrote:
My issue with Ryan Newman's comments aren't so much about "chicken moves" so much as that he had no idea what he was saying. He said blocking is an open-wheel thing, like F1 or IndyCar, but in reality open-wheel series like these have strict rules regarding blocking because in open-wheel it can be quite a bit more dangerous.
http://tinyurl.com/d4q8w4w
That and the fact that Newman says he never blocks yet he probably blocks more than just about any other driver. Newman races all the drivers very hard (no matter if it's lap 1 or the last lap) when they try to pass him. I guess he thinks pinching a driver low or up against the wall forcing them to lift to prevent them from passing isn't considered blocking. Isn't that what Joey did? Forced Tony low and made him lift?
shoulda known by now

Mount Hope, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Denny hamlin looks retarted, like someone beat him with a dum dum stick. I hope he dont come back at all. He sucks anyway.
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Old Dale knew a thing or two about blocking.
chris sanson

Mount Hope, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Ol dale sucked too, he couldnt drive for crap, unless ya count drivin straight in the wall. Fireball roberts was da man, he won darlington while gettin mouth sex from a fatty chic. Now thats racin. Plus ol dale didnt like fattys.
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

yep its a chicken way of racing , and your boss does it so I guess your saying hes a chicken , wonder who you will race for next year ..
redrum

Moriah, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

It's just racing, Been doing it for years. Do we need more rules? I think not.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Blocking is a part of NASCAR .. But do not get pissed if you end up in the wall
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

redrum wrote:
It's just racing, Been doing it for years. Do we need more rules? I think not.
and remember Dale Sr. died blocking ...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

And "don't pass below line" is bogus....pass in the grass if needed, that's what I say....
redrum

Moriah, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Jusy_Sayn wrote:
And "don't pass below line" is bogus....pass in the grass if needed, that's what I say....
Passing below the line is a penalty, only if you are pushed below and forced is ok,
redrum

Moriah, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
and remember Dale Sr. died blocking ...
Sr, just got sloppy and cocky in his old age and thought he could get away with most shit that would be a penalty today,JS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••