Hamlin believes he was victim of double standard

Mar 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: kare11.com

Denny Hamlin said he gave up on pursuing the appeal of a $25,000 fine because he felt as if he already succeeded in the court of public opinion.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Mar 24, 2013
Mike Blevins

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

On an entirely different subject...
I am surprised that I have not heard any of the race winners offering to donate a portion of their share of winnings to the 24 fans injured on the final lap of the Nationwide race at Daytona. I would think this would be a natural thing to do for I am sure those fans have some enormous medical costs to overcome as well as the physical challenges they are facing. Considering the huge purses paid in this sport I would certainly think each winning team could spare a mere thousand dollars per injured fan or something similar. After all, every driver interviewed at Daytona expressed their concerns about those injured. Why not show that concern with some financial support?
Grandpaw Whitey

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Another reason not to be a fan of SAMECAR. No freedom to criticize the the almighty.
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Mike Blevins wrote:
I am surprised that I have not heard any of the race winners offering to donate a portion of their share of winnings to the 24 fans injured on the final lap of the Nationwide race at Daytona. I would think this would be a natural thing to do for I am sure those fans have some enormous medical costs to overcome as well as the physical challenges they are facing. Considering the huge purses paid in this sport I would certainly think each winning team could spare a mere thousand dollars per injured fan or something similar. After all, every driver interviewed at Daytona expressed their concerns about those injured. Why not show that concern with some financial support?
No reason to donate any money. I'm sure there's an army of sleazy lawyers trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of (fill in the blank).
duh

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

media said 3 days after accident ,most were represented by their attorney, No reason to donate money
hello

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Mike Blevins wrote:
don't you know how to start a new discussion instead of messing with this one.??
racefan

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

I totally agree, nascar did him dirty. he did and does have fans behind him.
what

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

yep., victim of nascar double standard.
stick13

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

25k to Hamlin is like 25 dollars to the average person, NA$CAR is proving a point, other drivers probably don't want to get "in the line of fire" of NASCAR. Jmo
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

stick13 wrote:
25k to Hamlin is like 25 dollars to the average person, NA$CAR is proving a point, other drivers probably don't want to get "in the line of fire" of NASCAR. Jmo
You may be right, but 90% of the fans agree with Hamlin.
Bill

Wells, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

WWE CRASHCAR 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right, but 90% of the fans agree with Hamlin.
I have seen Stewart bitching about fake cautions , and alot of other stuff , but no fine for him ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••