Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Conte...

Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Title in 2014?

There are 232 comments on the BleacherReport story from Dec 17, 2013, titled Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Title in 2014?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Could it be? Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally poised to contend - truly contend - for a Sprint Cup title in 2014? 's Most Popular Driver for a record 11th consecutive year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#164 Apr 1, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "not THAT good" as in he's not what he's made out to be. I have always been clear that I don't think he's a bad driver, just not what the hype suggests and any Jr. fan who disagrees with that is not living in a little place I like to call relaity. Sorry Aquaire I had forgot how hard it is for Jr. supporters to understand common logic.....let me beat you to it now...ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Hype sells tickets son.
Always has. Always will.
Try accepting THAT reality.

Only hilarious Jr. hating fools like you look at the REALITY that Jr. and Danica are the hottest selling tickets in NASCAR today, and claim it ain't real.

I am a Jeff Gordon fan and always have been since I first saw him race quarter midgets when he was a kid. I also respect and like some of the other drivers too. I was an avid Richard Petty fan, then, Alan Kulwicki, then Davey Allison, then Jeff Gordon.
The funny thing is, that Jr. hating clowns like you make me admire all the more what Jr. is, does, and makes.
All your bitching about how much money and fans he garners only lays bare your jealousy of and hatred for your fellow man son.
<smile>

Location hidden

#165 Apr 1, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight.....there was a NASCAR that thrived before Jr and Danica and while every generation of NASCAR has had superstars come and go (not that either of them are superstars as far as driving ability) and the sport went on... today NASCAR cannot survive unless Jr and Danica are invloved and popular? That's dumb even for you. NASCAR will be fine once they are gone and does not depend on them now. If they both retired tomorrow (man would that be nice) NASCAR would still exist this weekend and well into the future. They will just overhype another driver and brainwash the public into thnking they are good to sell t-shirts.
".....there was a NASCAR that thrived before Jr and Danica and while every generation of NASCAR has had superstars come and go "

That is your strawman rendition of what I said and meant son.
My remarks concerning the fact that ALL that is required for the money to keep flowing in, AS IT RELATES TO THOSE TWO DRIVERS AND NOT THE ENTIRETY OF NASCAR'S HOLDINGS is for those two to remain popular with the fans. The claim of the other poster was that being competitive was required. It ain't so.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#166 Apr 1, 2014
He's just upset Kasey aint doing so hot.

Location hidden

#167 Apr 1, 2014
Wang wrote:
Lerative of Wang in Asia make top yen. Lerative put Dare Jl face on cow pie Dare Jl Nation buy. Yen lorr in.
Hohoho...
It so funny Dare Jl Nation so A-1 sirry.
You're still here with this chicken scratch? get lost Wang Chung

Location hidden

#168 Apr 1, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was nice...what an amazing story for him to make this comeback and show how much he has matured....but lets not forget that all that matters is Jr....and he finished 3rd....after totally dumping another car...but lets not tak about that....he finished 3rd and is leading the all but meaningless points now.....but wait...that matters for some reason...I guess.
\

Kasey hasn't been doing so hot Wonder what's up with that?
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Trumbull, CT

#169 Apr 2, 2014
It's all about Jr, the fix is in!
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#170 Apr 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
".....there was a NASCAR that thrived before Jr and Danica and while every generation of NASCAR has had superstars come and go "
That is your strawman rendition of what I said and meant son.
My remarks concerning the fact that ALL that is required for the money to keep flowing in, AS IT RELATES TO THOSE TWO DRIVERS AND NOT THE ENTIRETY OF NASCAR'S HOLDINGS is for those two to remain popular with the fans. The claim of the other poster was that being competitive was required. It ain't so.
See Aquarie, this is why I should not waste my time trying have a legitmate debate with you. All you can you do is call me a "Jr hating clown" because you can't argue against the facts I mention. I never said that Jr and Danica weren't the hottest selling tickets in NASCAR....my whole point is that they don't deserve to be and they only are because NASCAR over hypes them to make money and once they are gone someone else will get the same treatment. They themselves do little, if anything to deserve the hype they get and it's sad that NASCAR could not seem to care less about the fact that currently there is a driver on the track in his prime that could go down as the greatest of all time. If fans are paying just to see Jr and Danica over real talent they are the clowns - not me. And as I have repeated over and over but you seem to have a hard time understanding - I don't hate Jr....I hate the hype.

So since you have once again failed to actually argue against anything I said with an actual point other than just repeating the same stupid crap you said before I will just go back to not bothering to respond to you since it's not even a satisfying debate. I asked you what skill Jr has and you come up with nothing but don't want to admit I am right so just call me a clown instead. Don't sweat it...I used to act that way too...back when I was in third grade. Since this will be my last post to you for a while again regardless of what you say I will admit that it will be hard not to respond to you because I always enjoy exposing people like you who act like they are of superior intellect for the real know-nothings they are. Have a great day.....

oh and P.S. I am not your "SON" and when you call me that you come across like a real ass....just FYI....It is amusing though. People who do that in person are always little candy asses that are trying to sound so tough but doing it over the internet is only that much more pathectic.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#171 Apr 2, 2014
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>\
Kasey hasn't been doing so hot Wonder what's up with that?
First of all....I am not bothered by it like you suggested before. What's up is called racing. Kasey has actually had good cars at Daytona, and Bristol, and California. He has been a top 10 car most weeks but not had much luck and I believe they are having a harder time adjusting to the new ride height rules compared to other team plus I don't think he has adjusted to this qualifying format as well as others and he has some work to do there.....see that's the difference with me....I have no issue admitting when my driver needs to improve on something. They have been a little off this year but it's not a big deal. Their team's lead engineer Keith Rodman left to go be crew chief for Ambrose and his influence has showed there since that team is now running very well - still not as well as when Kasey drove that car but still much improved. They are still trying to gel with their new guy. It will take time. Now I know all those facts and that common sense will be hard for you to deal with as a blind Jr lover but maybe your BF Aquarie can help you out. If you are gonna come back at me I suggest you actually read what I said this time and try to make a point. Reading - go left to right and group words together to make sentences - take tylenol for any headaches - midol for any cramps.....(I love that movie)

Location hidden

#172 Apr 2, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
. All you can you do is call me a "Jr hating clown" because you can't argue against the facts I mention..
Incorrect.
I choose not to.
I also said that hype sells tickets and that is the way it is whether the hype is well placed or not. PERIOD !!!
Remember?
<smile>

I already told you more than once, I like poking Jr. hating clowns like you, cause it is fun to do and watch.
What have they diagnosed your comprehension condition as? ADD? ADHD?

Location hidden

#173 Apr 2, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh and P.S. I am not your "SON" and when you call me that you come across like a real ass....just FYI....It is amusing though. People who do that in person are always little candy asses that are trying to sound so tough but doing it over the internet is only that much more pathectic.
If you say so son, er, uh, kid.
<smile>
oldschool1979

Killington, VT

#174 Apr 2, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
See Aquarie, this is why I should not waste my time trying have a legitmate debate with you. All you can you do is call me a "Jr hating clown" because you can't argue against the facts I mention. I never said that Jr and Danica weren't the hottest selling tickets in NASCAR....my whole point is that they don't deserve to be and they only are because NASCAR over hypes them to make money and once they are gone someone else will get the same treatment. They themselves do little, if anything to deserve the hype they get and it's sad that NASCAR could not seem to care less about the fact that currently there is a driver on the track in his prime that could go down as the greatest of all time. If fans are paying just to see Jr and Danica over real talent they are the clowns - not me. And as I have repeated over and over but you seem to have a hard time understanding - I don't hate Jr....I hate the hype.
So since you have once again failed to actually argue against anything I said with an actual point other than just repeating the same stupid crap you said before I will just go back to not bothering to respond to you since it's not even a satisfying debate. I asked you what skill Jr has and you come up with nothing but don't want to admit I am right so just call me a clown instead. Don't sweat it...I used to act that way too...back when I was in third grade. Since this will be my last post to you for a while again regardless of what you say I will admit that it will be hard not to respond to you because I always enjoy exposing people like you who act like they are of superior intellect for the real know-nothings they are. Have a great day.....
Dude, why DID you bother? You hit the nail on the head my friend but you may as well be talking to a wall. He will never make a logical argument because there is not one. He will instead just call you names and act like he is way smarter than you when it's obvious that's not the case. Let's be real here though...this is a supposed Gordon fan that comes here to rile up Jr. haters. What a pathetic loser. Just don't wast your time with logic when dealing with Jr. nation - they have no time or patience for logic....they are kind of like a woman that way.
Hilton Head

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#175 Apr 3, 2014
A small zoo in Del Rio, Texas obtained a very rare
species of gorilla. Within a few weeks the gorilla, a female,
became very difficult to handle. Upon examination, the veterinarian
determined the problem. The gorilla was in heat. To make matters
worse, there was no male gorilla available.

Thinking about their problem, the zoo keeper thought of Bobby Lee
Walton, a redneck part-time worker responsible for cleaning the animal
cages. Bobby Lee, like most rednecks, had little sense but possessed
ample ability to satisfy a female of any species.

The zoo keeper thought they might have a solution. Bobby Lee was
approached with a proposition. Would he be willing to mate with the
gorilla for $500.00?

Bobby Lee showed some interest, but said he would have to think the
matter over carefully. The following day, he announced that he
would accept their offer, but only under five conditions:

"First," Bobby Lee said, "I ain't gonna kiss her on the lips." The
zoo keeper quickly agreed to this condition.

"Second," he said, "She must wear a 'Dale Earnhardt Jr. Forever'
T-Shirt." The keeper again readily agreed to this condition.

"Third," he said, "you can't never tell no one about this." The
keeper again readily agreed to this condition.

"Fourth," Bobby Lee said, "I want all the children raised Southern
Baptist." Once again it was agreed.

"And last," Bobby Lee said, "I'll need another week to come up with
the $500.
Typical Junior fan!!!
oldschool1979

Worcester, VT

#176 Apr 3, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all....I am not bothered by it like you suggested before. What's up is called racing. Kasey has actually had good cars at Daytona, and Bristol, and California. He has been a top 10 car most weeks but not had much luck and I believe they are having a harder time adjusting to the new ride height rules compared to other team plus I don't think he has adjusted to this qualifying format as well as others and he has some work to do there.....see that's the difference with me....I have no issue admitting when my driver needs to improve on something. They have been a little off this year but it's not a big deal. Their team's lead engineer Keith Rodman left to go be crew chief for Ambrose and his influence has showed there since that team is now running very well - still not as well as when Kasey drove that car but still much improved. They are still trying to gel with their new guy. It will take time. Now I know all those facts and that common sense will be hard for you to deal with as a blind Jr lover but maybe your BF Aquarie can help you out. If you are gonna come back at me I suggest you actually read what I said this time and try to make a point. Reading - go left to right and group words together to make sentences - take tylenol for any headaches - midol for any cramps.....(I love that movie)
One more thing Ram....Rodman actually went to McMurry to be crew chief....not Ambrose. But you are right that the results are showing....on both ends. Too bad for them Jr ended their day Sunday. Kasey will be OK though...way too much talent there and they are not far off right now. I am a Biffle fan and he has been really hit or miss this year....I was really hoping he would not resign with Roush...they seem to be lost.

Location hidden

#177 Apr 3, 2014
oldschool1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing Ram....Rodman actually went to McMurry to be crew chief....not Ambrose. But you are right that the results are showing....on both ends. Too bad for them Jr ended their day Sunday. Kasey will be OK though...way too much talent there and they are not far off right now. I am a Biffle fan and he has been really hit or miss this year....I was really hoping he would not resign with Roush...they seem to be lost.

What the hell is a Biffie fan doing on a Jr. thread hating on him?
Interesting you feel powerful enough to bash others for doing the same damn thing you do.
Hypocrite !

Go Jeff !!!

Location hidden

#178 Apr 3, 2014
Hilton Head wrote:
gorilla for $500.00?
the $500.
Typical Junior fan!!!
LMAO
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#179 Apr 3, 2014
oldschool1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right you are sir. My mistake. I must have heard wrong. I could have sworn that they said on Race Hub a few weeks ago he went to Ambrose but when I read your response I did some research and you are right. How refreshing to interact with a person who actually uses fact in their response....good day to you.

Location hidden

#180 Apr 3, 2014
oldschool1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, why DID you bother? You hit the nail on the head my friend but you may as well be talking to a wall. He will never make a logical argument because there is not one. He will instead just call you names and act like he is way smarter than you when it's obvious that's not the case. Let's be real here though...this is a supposed Gordon fan that comes here to rile up Jr. haters. What a pathetic loser. Just don't wast your time with logic when dealing with Jr. nation - they have no time or patience for logic....they are kind of like a woman that way.
"they have no time or patience for logic....they are kind of like a woman that way."

Seriously dude?
<rolls eyes>

Some women should nail your sack to a stump and push you over ya bigoted puke.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#181 Apr 3, 2014
Hilton Head wrote:
gorilla for $500.00?
the $500.
Typical Junior fan!!!
That sir is wildly inappropriate and offensive......and also funny as hell. You have to be careful...SOME people lack sense of humor. I was recently referred to as a "pervert" here for maing a joke that Danica should be ashamed of herself for all the things she has done to me in my immagination.

Location hidden

#182 Apr 3, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sir is wildly inappropriate and offensive......and also funny as hell. You have to be careful...SOME people lack sense of humor. I was recently referred to as a "pervert" here for maing a joke that Danica should be ashamed of herself for all the things she has done to me in my immagination.
It was tongue in cheek Einstein.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#183 Apr 11, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
Dale Jr. finished 3rd. Very nice.
Emma, you forgot to update everyone where Jr. finished at Texas on Sunday. In case you didn't hear it was 43rd place, 328 laps down. Very nice!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Nextel Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CoronaMonster Energy becomes NASCAR title sponsor 21 hr WWE CRASHCAR 2016 2
News Danica Patrick is 'so sad' and sick of mediocri... Nov 30 Rich K 1
News Last Weekend's NASCAR Race Had Lowest Televisio... (May '16) Nov 22 MrTinkertrain24 16
News NASCAR Sprint Cup Talladega preview: Chase Elli... Oct '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News SpeedChannel's #1 Auto Makeover Reality Show, `... (Jan '06) Oct '16 jay huminsky 75
News Analysis: Jimmie Johnson making a statement in ... Oct '16 MrTinkertrain24 5
News Austin Dillon embracing underdog role in NASCAR... Oct '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
More from around the web