Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Conte...

Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Title in 2014?

There are 232 comments on the BleacherReport story from Dec 17, 2013, titled Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Title in 2014?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Could it be? Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally poised to contend - truly contend - for a Sprint Cup title in 2014? 's Most Popular Driver for a record 11th consecutive year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#123 Mar 15, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually since this is a new topic I will respond to you again just to show you how uninformed you are. When I said I no point penalty I was referring to OWNER points which the 22 car still could get regardless of if the driver is eligible for the championship. I figureed anyone who came here had enough common sense to figure that out so I did not specify that I was talking about owner points but I guess I forgot all about you aquarie....you just keep doing your research and someday you might have a clue. Until then it was nice making an ass out of you...again.
Yeah riiiiiiiiiight.
<dripping with sarcasm>

Location hidden

#124 Mar 15, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree...I love when a team gets penalized some people try to rip the driver for it. The driver just drives the car. Do people think the crew and the driver sit down and go "OK....this is how we are going to cheat" and the driver is like "Yes...let's do that!" Now don't get me wrong...I am sure there are times when the driver is aware of an area where they are pushing the rules a little bit but either way the driver's job is to just drive what they give him...... or her...can't forget about Danica.......she should be ashamed of herself for what she has done to me in my imagination.....
". Do people think the crew and the driver sit down and go "OK....this is how we are going to cheat" and the driver is like "Yes...let's do that!" "

Yep sure do. Just ask Mikey's crew and drivers.

"either way the driver's job is to just drive what they give him."
Oh bullshit! That job is waaaaaay more than that son.

".......she should be ashamed of herself for what she has done to me in my imagination"
Pervert !

Location hidden

#125 Mar 15, 2014
oldschool1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
OH SNAP!!! I have to say even as a person who likes Jr...."rammie" makes a lot of sense....I think Aquarie should just quit while he thinks he's ahead. Of course he probably won't and the entertainment will continue.
Did someone tell you this was for entertainment, or did you figure that out all by your little lonesome?
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#126 Mar 15, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> I know when Brad drove for Dale Jr. he was at the shop every day trying to tell Pops what to do to his car. Sometimes they said he would be way of course maybe he still does that crap.
Now there's some amazing apparent inside knowledge that you claim to know but have no way to back up. Look, I really can't stand Brad K either - especially since he is so quick to accuse other organizations of cheating (who can forget when Kasey Kanhe was"Seinfelding" him at the press confrence when he was bitching about Hendrick) but just because the guy beat Jr. this weekend there is no need to question the car....If his CUP car failed inspection after the win then you can complain. But then again NASCAR appears to be promoting cheating by stating that the win will still stand. Since wins are what you get you into the Chase now what do you have to lose really?
oldschool1979

Wolcott, VT

#127 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone tell you this was for entertainment, or did you figure that out all by your little lonesome?
Dude, I honestly feel sorry for you. You try to come across like you are some smart know it all but "rammie" as you call him for some stupid reason has in fact exposed you for being pretty ignorant. The fact that you seemed to be unaware of the fact that there still could have been and owner point penalty for the 22 shows that you know very little about NASCAR and you are just another one of the JR. kiss asses out there. I am a Jr. fan but I am a realistic Jr. fan who understands his place in the sport and how he has been over hyped in his career. I will also point out that ram is right that the car fell off. If you were paying attention to his lap times and scanner talk and what Jr said after the race you would know that. All you want to focus on is that he turned some fast laps at the end in clean air and almost won. You are not looking at the whole picture. As a Jr. fan I am happy with his start obviously but now that he's pretty much a lock for the chase it really does not mean a while lost to run well now IF they can't do it when t counts most later on in the chase. I will now take "rammie's" approach and I will not respond further to you regardless of what you say. You are out f your league as far as your knowledge and ability to make an argument when you argue with ram and you are just too ignorant to admit it and go away.
oldschool1979

Wolcott, VT

#128 Mar 16, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah riiiiiiiiiight.
<dripping with sarcasm>
Not surprising that you will not directly address the point that you apparently did not know that the 22 could have lost owner points. I would tell you to just keep playing stupid but then you really aren't playing are you?

Location hidden

#129 Mar 16, 2014
oldschool1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprising that you will not directly address the point that you apparently did not know that the 22 could have lost owner points. I would tell you to just keep playing stupid but then you really aren't playing are you?
What part of "chain jerking" do you need explained to you?

Location hidden

#130 Mar 16, 2014
oldschool1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I honestly feel sorry for you. You try to come across like you are some smart know it all but "rammie" as you call him for some stupid reason has in fact exposed you for being pretty ignorant. The fact that you seemed to be unaware of the fact that there still could have been and owner point penalty for the 22 shows that you know very little about NASCAR and you are just another one of the JR. kiss asses out there. I am a Jr. fan but I am a realistic Jr. fan who understands his place in the sport and how he has been over hyped in his career. I will also point out that ram is right that the car fell off. If you were paying attention to his lap times and scanner talk and what Jr said after the race you would know that. All you want to focus on is that he turned some fast laps at the end in clean air and almost won. You are not looking at the whole picture. As a Jr. fan I am happy with his start obviously but now that he's pretty much a lock for the chase it really does not mean a while lost to run well now IF they can't do it when t counts most later on in the chase. I will now take "rammie's" approach and I will not respond further to you regardless of what you say. You are out f your league as far as your knowledge and ability to make an argument when you argue with ram and you are just too ignorant to admit it and go away.
ROTFLMAO
Too funny.

Guys guys guys, the whole point of having NASCAR in the first place is to what?

MAKE MONEY

Think.
The foot always goes in the mouth before the brain is engaged.

Tis >you< clowns that get all caught up in this Jr. hype thing as if it were a detriment to racing. You guys ... on BOTH sides ... crack me up.

BTW, who cares if one is a NASCAR "know it all" You already have you and rammie in that role. The only hard part to figure is which one of you is the lead and which is the understudy.

Location hidden

#131 Mar 16, 2014
oldschool1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I addressed it. You strawmanned it ... just like the other actor in your role.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#132 Mar 16, 2014
Hi Aquarius. Time to turn on the TV and watch Dale Jr. go to Victory lane.

Location hidden

#133 Mar 16, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
Well howdy Emma !!!
What time is the race today? Is it an evening race?
oldschool1979

Wolcott, VT

#134 Mar 16, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
. Hi Aquarius. Time to turn on the TV and watch Dale Jr. go to Victory lane.
Good that you are talking to him. He could really use a friend. I think our best chance of seeing Jr. in victory lane today is if they play a replay of the 500 during the rain delay. The car looks decent but probably not a race winner. Hey, you never know though. I could be wrong. Apparently Aquarius is the only one around here that thinks they are smarter than everyone else and is never wrong. As he says about everything: ROTFLMAO!!!

Location hidden

#135 Mar 16, 2014
oldschool1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good that you are talking to him. He could really use a friend. I think our best chance of seeing Jr. in victory lane today is if they play a replay of the 500 during the rain delay. The car looks decent but probably not a race winner. Hey, you never know though. I could be wrong. Apparently Aquarius is the only one around here that thinks they are smarter than everyone else and is never wrong. As he says about everything: ROTFLMAO!!!
You attempt to flatter yourself.
I'm smart enough to realize when I am getting jerked off.
You two ... on the other hand .... well ... maybe your other hand is already busy eh.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#136 Mar 16, 2014
oldschool1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#137 Mar 16, 2014
HMS is second, fourth, fifth and eleventh in points. Pretty damn good I think. Four different teams already in the chase. Maybe we'll get lucky and 16 different drivers will win the first 16 races. I doubt it but it would be great for everyone in he chase to be a race winner for once. When a team is cheating, the driver is the last one they tell. He doesn't need to know anyway. If a driver does what the crew chief says, he doesn't need to know. If he did he would probably just screw it up.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#138 Mar 17, 2014
Whoyakidding wrote:
HMS is second, fourth, fifth and eleventh in points. Pretty damn good I think. Four different teams already in the chase. Maybe we'll get lucky and 16 different drivers will win the first 16 races. I doubt it but it would be great for everyone in he chase to be a race winner for once. When a team is cheating, the driver is the last one they tell. He doesn't need to know anyway. If a driver does what the crew chief says, he doesn't need to know. If he did he would probably just screw it up.
Yes HMS has been pretty good....Kasey Kahne would be a solid top 10 in points if not for his issues at Daytona as the car was stout and he may have had soemthing for Jr had he not spun on the damp pit road and got that BS speeding penalty and therefore pinned 2 laps down and later caught up in a wreck. That being said the only thing that concersn me right now is Kasey has been a little off everywhere else except for part of the race at Bristol yesterday. They were leading for a bit and then just lost the handle on it and got tight. I think the new ride-height rule has been harder for them to adjust to than others. Hopefully they will get it right soon. And Jr. fans can hate on me all they want but I am glad he had an off day yesterday so maybe we can FINALLY hear about something else.
Hilton Head

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#139 Mar 17, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
It's really difficult to get to victory lane when your 4 laps down.
Hilton Head

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#141 Mar 28, 2014
todd wrote:
Did you guys see jr getting all up in dennys bizz? he sure makes some dumb comments.
junior should stick the marbles back in his mouth. He made a little more sense when you couldn't tell what he was saying.
Danny

Enterprise, AL

#142 Mar 30, 2014
The problem with nascar now is jimmy Johnson . Jimmy's a nice guy but he's killing nascar .why ? Just like Richard Petty was killing nascar they Win, and win it's to predictable . If Jr. Doesn't win a championship all is lost me and my friends hardly watch anymore , we were big fans went to races .Not a fan anymore can't watch a race all the way , when jr. Won and came in sec twice you should have heard all the talk . Well since then nothing . Sorry for you nascar .3526

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#143 Mar 30, 2014
Danny wrote:
The problem with nascar now is jimmy Johnson . Jimmy's a nice guy but he's killing nascar .why ? Just like Richard Petty was killing nascar they Win, and win it's to predictable . If Jr. Doesn't win a championship all is lost me and my friends hardly watch anymore , we were big fans went to races .Not a fan anymore can't watch a race all the way , when jr. Won and came in sec twice you should have heard all the talk . Well since then nothing . Sorry for you nascar .3526
Considering your IP address is the only town in America that has a monument to a Bolweevil in the center of town, I can understand why you sound like someone that was dropped on his head at birth. Apparently you're not watching the races this year. If you knew anything about NASCAR history, you'd know that without Richard and his family NASCAR would still be a regional, Saturday night, redneck spectacle. Richard was one of the primary figures that got NASCAR to that Daytona race in 1979 that brought NASCAR to the attention of the nation. The greatest growth in NASCAR came during The King's heyday. If you think that NASCAR lives or dies on what Jr. does, then the sport is doing fine because Jr. is. After his third place today he's back in the points lead .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Nextel Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Last Weekend's NASCAR Race Had Lowest Televisio... Fri WWE CRASHCAR 2016 13
News NASCAR star Joey Logano to kick off Bowlero Col... Jun 16 Will Dockery 1
News Will heat races soon be a reality for NASCAR's ... Apr '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News What's up with the exciting start to NASCAR's 2... Apr '16 TMZ789 6
News NASCAR doesn't need Phil Robertson's prayers Apr '16 I know dats right 2
News Controversy and politics surround NASCAR race a... Apr '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Why Smokey Yunick is not (and may never be) in ... Mar '16 LIZZY GINGERICH 1
More from around the web