Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Conte...

Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Title in 2014?

There are 232 comments on the BleacherReport story from Dec 17, 2013, titled Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Title in 2014?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Could it be? Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. finally poised to contend - truly contend - for a Sprint Cup title in 2014? 's Most Popular Driver for a record 11th consecutive year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#184 Apr 11, 2014
Good afternoon. Dale Jr. Will make it to Victory lane this weekend.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#185 Apr 12, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
Good afternoon. Dale Jr. Will make it to Victory lane this weekend.
Howdy Emma. You just may be right.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#186 Apr 12, 2014
Won't happen at this track unless his crew chief pulls off some miracle strategy. There are too many better drivers starting in front of him and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Larson pass him early on after what I saw yesterday.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#187 Apr 12, 2014
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>Emma, you forgot to update everyone where Jr. finished at Texas on Sunday. In case you didn't hear it was 43rd place, 328 laps down. Very nice!!!
I'll second that...very nice indeed. LMFAO!
Wang

Albemarle, NC

#189 Apr 13, 2014
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still here with this chicken scratch? get lost Wang Chung
You go schoor. You realn lead. You stop be moo cow.
chop chop

Ancient plovelb say: "Those without education ale onry cattre in crothing."

Location hidden

#190 Apr 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy Emma. You just may be right.
Hi Aquarius. Dale Jr. finished second place.

Location hidden

#191 Apr 14, 2014
Hey Its Emma wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Aquarius. Dale Jr. finished second place.
Yep. He sure did.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#192 Apr 14, 2014
Hilton Head wrote:
Won't happen at this track unless his crew chief pulls off some miracle strategy. There are too many better drivers starting in front of him and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Larson pass him early on after what I saw yesterday.
How about 2nd place. We all know Harvick had the best car on the track and he should have won.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#193 Apr 14, 2014
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> How about 2nd place. We all know Harvick had the best car on the track and he should have won.
Harvick did win.
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Florham Park, NJ

#194 Apr 15, 2014
Did Jr get another post race inspection wave around? Wink Wink
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#195 Apr 15, 2014
WWE CRASHCAR 2014 wrote:
Did Jr get another post race inspection wave around? Wink Wink
I don't know about that...All the Hendrick cars were really good. Jr did not have a second place car but he was a top 5 more than likely.....I was a little let down by how much track position meant and how 2 tires actually worked for cars like Jr and also Biffle who had no business finishing where he did.....I miss the old Darlington where if you took 2 you were in the way even after only a few laps on the tires. The other annoying thing is that all I have heard about is Jr's second place finish and the story of the weekend is what Chase Elliott did in the Nationwide race plain and simple.

Location hidden

#196 Apr 15, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that...All the Hendrick cars were really good. Jr did not have a second place car but he was a top 5 more than likely.....I was a little let down by how much track position meant and how 2 tires actually worked for cars like Jr and also Biffle who had no business finishing where he did.....I miss the old Darlington where if you took 2 you were in the way even after only a few laps on the tires. The other annoying thing is that all I have heard about is Jr's second place finish and the story of the weekend is what Chase Elliott did in the Nationwide race plain and simple.
Wah wah wah
Jr. finished better than he deserved ... wah wah wah ... and Biffie too ... <stomps feet> . wah wah wah
Jr.'s car sucked and he still got a second place ... wah wah wah ... <sniffs a booger back in> wah wah wah

You have got to be THE biggest anti-Jr. crybaby there is Rammie.
You crack me up kid. Keep crying. Better get in practice son, it's a long season and Jr is on top of his game again ya big baby.
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Florham Park, NJ

#197 Apr 15, 2014
It's amazing how Jr at age 39+ is suddenly the best driver. I detect a scam! This could be the biggest fraud NASCAR perpetuated on Jr Nation since Jr won the 2001 Pepsi 400.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#198 Apr 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Wah wah wah
Jr. finished better than he deserved ... wah wah wah ... and Biffie too ... <stomps feet> . wah wah wah
Jr.'s car sucked and he still got a second place ... wah wah wah ... <sniffs a booger back in> wah wah wah
You have got to be THE biggest anti-Jr. crybaby there is Rammie.
You crack me up kid. Keep crying. Better get in practice son, it's a long season and Jr is on top of his game again ya big baby.
WOW....Here we go again....Can you read? I said all the Hendrick cars were really good and that includes Jr....I also said he was a top 5 car.....just not second palce. I never said his car sucked. I was talking about Biffle. Also, I am not sure what your definition of "crying" is but all I did was make a comment that I miss the old Darlinton where no one could pull a finish out their ass by taking 2 tires. You really need to chill and find a hobby bro....you do nothing but make a total ass out of yourself. And even if I seem like the biggest "anti Jr. Crybaby" as you say whcih is toally off base since I have said 1000 times (but again, you can't read apprently) that I don't dislike Jr..I dislike the hype around him and how that is all you hear about all the time - you are without a doubt the biggest Jr. nation suck ass of all time....A Gordon fan who comes here to defend Jr againt so called crybabies. Seriously.....get a life and learn to read.
flatt

Beaver Dam, WI

#199 Apr 15, 2014
Mentally JR is in the drivers seat again, after a long time off. When he's on his game, he's about as good as anybody. JMO
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#200 Apr 15, 2014
WWE CRASHCAR 2014 wrote:
It's amazing how Jr at age 39+ is suddenly the best driver. I detect a scam! This could be the biggest fraud NASCAR perpetuated on Jr Nation since Jr won the 2001 Pepsi 400.
Careful...that kind of logical thinking is not welcomed here. It's amazing to me (as a Kasey Kahne fan) how Kasey has more wins with Hendrick than Jr does and he has been with Hendrick less than a thrid of the time that supposedly Kasey's ride is in jepordy right now because they have been a little off and had some bad luck to start the season. Yet Jr is allowed to have ENTIRE SEASONS where he is not close to competative and Hendrick was falling over himself to sign Jr to an extension. Now don't get me wrong I understand how the world works and money rules all but if Jr was such a lock for the sponsarship $ why did it take so long for hm to get sponsarship for the whole year this year?

Now I am not really worried because I highly doubt that Hendrick will kick Kasey to the curb for a few bad runs - especially when he lost his lead engineer and they have not adjusted to new personel yet. Hendrick signed Kasey before he actually had a spot open for him because he knew the talent level and the respect he has in the garage. It's just frustrating that if your name is Jr you can suck all you want and that will be downplayed and then when you FINALLY do something right it is blown way out of proportion and if your name is anyone else less than a top 5 every week is just not acceptable.
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Florham Park, NJ

#201 Apr 15, 2014
ramfan9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful...that kind of logical thinking is not welcomed here. It's amazing to me (as a Kasey Kahne fan) how Kasey has more wins with Hendrick than Jr does and he has been with Hendrick less than a thrid of the time that supposedly Kasey's ride is in jepordy right now because they have been a little off and had some bad luck to start the season. Yet Jr is allowed to have ENTIRE SEASONS where he is not close to competative and Hendrick was falling over himself to sign Jr to an extension. Now don't get me wrong I understand how the world works and money rules all but if Jr was such a lock for the sponsarship $ why did it take so long for hm to get sponsarship for the whole year this year?
Now I am not really worried because I highly doubt that Hendrick will kick Kasey to the curb for a few bad runs - especially when he lost his lead engineer and they have not adjusted to new personel yet. Hendrick signed Kasey before he actually had a spot open for him because he knew the talent level and the respect he has in the garage. It's just frustrating that if your name is Jr you can suck all you want and that will be downplayed and then when you FINALLY do something right it is blown way out of proportion and if your name is anyone else less than a top 5 every week is just not acceptable.
It's all about Jr. I want to know the real reason why Steve Latarte is bailing after this season.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#202 Apr 15, 2014
WWE CRASHCAR 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about Jr. I want to know the real reason why Steve Latarte is bailing after this season.
Interesting..I had not thought of that....that was announced right around the same time as the new "Jr Format" for the championship. It's ALMOST like he already knerw he would be achieving his goals this season and there was no need to come back.....I am not willing to go that far yet and say that Jr. is running illeagal cars but man...you have to wonder.
ramfan9

Barre, VT

#203 Apr 15, 2014
flatt wrote:
Mentally JR is in the drivers seat again, after a long time off. When he's on his game, he's about as good as anybody. JMO
You are entitled to your opinion but I have a hard time accepting that Jr is suddenly running better because his head is in it more. I refuse to belive that anyone would drive a car 200mph if their head was not in it and if they did they are an idiot. Also, where was his head when he decided the grass needed to be cut in Texas?

Location hidden

#204 Apr 26, 2014
Time to turn the TV on and watch Dale Jr. go to Victory lane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Nextel Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Denny Hamlin: 'NASCAR Drivers Should Be Making ... Oct 6 BePhartse 2
News Denny Hamlin: 'NASCAR drivers should be making ... Oct 5 Make Phartse 7
News NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon confronts Ryan Newman... Oct 4 Nas Phart 13
News Dale Jr. has mixed emotions about Jimmie Johnso... Sep 23 WhatPhart 15
News Patrick at career crossroads as days as driver ... Sep '17 And Phartse 2
News Earnhardt, Logano facing win or else scenario a... Sep '17 If Phartse 2
News NASCAR punishes Gibbs, Hendrick, Penske Sep '17 Black phartt 9
More from around the web