Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism

Aug 19, 2014 Full story: The Orlando Sentinel 39

Pure Michigan 400: Jeff Gordon Aug 17, 2014; Brooklyn, MI, USA; NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Jeff Gordon celebrates in victory lane after winning the Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Manic2

United States

#1 Aug 19, 2014
They announced Tony sitting out Bristol. Jeff B replacement.
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Trumbull, CT

#2 Aug 20, 2014
Tony is hiding under his executive desk at Stewart-Haas Racing while his high price lawyers and public relations consultants are trying to figure out how to make Kevin Ward go away.
Harrison Freebird

New Bern, NC

#3 Aug 20, 2014
WWE CRASHCAR 2014 wrote:
Tony is hiding under his executive desk at Stewart-Haas Racing while his high price lawyers and public relations consultants are trying to figure out how to make Kevin Ward go away.
I'm not on the "Bash Tony Bandwagon" however I tend to agree with you. Times like this for a person with star status like a TS calls for delicate and well thought out press release information as to what is actually behind the curtain. I try not to rush to judge and no matter what this bell can never be unrung.
Manic 2

United States

#4 Aug 20, 2014
Bob P. < I can not spell his last name . Wrote a good article in SI . People will have to go find it & read it . I agree to with what he wrote but the type of investigation he is referring to could be time consuming. But necessary.
conservancyatMHR

Lancaster, CA

#5 Aug 20, 2014
... you saw it for yourself. It was not without good reason Tony Stewart punched Kevin Ward's ticket. The audacity of Kevin Ward, disrespectful of organized motor sport, disrespectful of his sanctioning body, disrespecting his elders, not 21 years of age caught red-handed, raising his finger in indignation and protest, in blatant contempt of one of organized motor sport's elite elder statesman? Brazen transgression of old-old unwritten laws tracing back to antiquity, pecking order for an instant turned upside-down, and inside-out, such willful individuals as this must be handled... expeditiously; with extreme prejudice. As such, Kevin Ward wasn't stoned, as tradition would have it for an intelligent, independent minded, free thinking woman. Nor was he beheaded or burned at the stake, a pagan, infidel or apostate. Nor was Kevin Ward merely banished, a heretic. Order restored, leaving no doubt whatsoever firmly in the minds of all motor sport insiders, the sprint car pecking order reasserted, justice meted out by organized motor sport's most esteemed and celebrated of elder statesman, it was with extreme prejudice and in great style Tony Stewart, a function of expedience and plausible deniability, didactically ran down Kevin Ward. Ripping him apart, he used him for traction. In both literal and figurative sense, nail that stood up got pounded down. Didn't it? Much like an honor killing in Islamic society, it's by the hand of Tony Stewart Kevin Ward sleeps with the fish. As with honor killings, neither father nor sons held to account for the daughter's execution, nor will be our hero, Tony Stewart. Heavily insulated by layers upon layers of the best legal and PR handlers in organized motor sport, well safe from implicating himself, Tony Stewart remains in hiding. A knee-jerk, under active reading a tacit admission of guilt, NASCAR's newly legislated Tony Stewart rule: professional drivers no longer merit faith or trust of their sanctioning body sufficient to extricate themselves from crashed vehicles, without express permission of their sanctioning body. Things are so bad in organized motor sport, professional drivers no longer merit the trust of their sanctioning bodies sufficient to resist temptation of running over by-standards, corner workers and rival drivers having emerged from their crashed vehicles. When Tony Stewart finally emerges from hiding, organized motor sport insiders will have coached him to such extent, our boy will emerge the most heavily scripted driver in motor sport history -- asj.

“Psalms 51”

Since: Jun 12

Maggie Valley NC

#6 Aug 20, 2014
conservancyatMHR wrote:
... you saw it for yourself. It was not without good reason Tony Stewart punched Kevin Ward's ticket. The audacity of Kevin Ward, disrespectful of organized motor sport, disrespectful of his sanctioning body, disrespecting his elders, not 21 years of age caught red-handed, raising his finger in indignation and protest, in blatant contempt of one of organized motor sport's elite elder statesman? Brazen transgression of old-old unwritten laws tracing back to antiquity, pecking order for an instant turned upside-down, and inside-out, such willful individuals as this must be handled... expeditiously; with extreme prejudice. As such, Kevin Ward wasn't stoned, as tradition would have it for an intelligent, independent minded, free thinking woman. Nor was he beheaded or burned at the stake, a pagan, infidel or apostate. Nor was Kevin Ward merely banished, a heretic. Order restored, leaving no doubt whatsoever firmly in the minds of all motor sport insiders, the sprint car pecking order reasserted, justice meted out by organized motor sport's most esteemed and celebrated of elder statesman, it was with extreme prejudice and in great style Tony Stewart, a function of expedience and plausible deniability, didactically ran down Kevin Ward. Ripping him apart, he used him for traction. In both literal and figurative sense, nail that stood up got pounded down. Didn't it? Much like an honor killing in Islamic society, it's by the hand of Tony Stewart Kevin Ward sleeps with the fish. As with honor killings, neither father nor sons held to account for the daughter's execution, nor will be our hero, Tony Stewart. Heavily insulated by layers upon layers of the best legal and PR handlers in organized motor sport, well safe from implicating himself, Tony Stewart remains in hiding. A knee-jerk, under active reading a tacit admission of guilt, NASCAR's newly legislated Tony Stewart rule: professional drivers no longer merit faith or trust of their sanctioning body sufficient to extricate themselves from crashed vehicles, without express permission of their sanctioning body. Things are so bad in organized motor sport, professional drivers no longer merit the trust of their sanctioning bodies sufficient to resist temptation of running over by-standards, corner workers and rival drivers having emerged from their crashed vehicles. When Tony Stewart finally emerges from hiding, organized motor sport insiders will have coached him to such extent, our boy will emerge the most heavily scripted driver in motor sport history -- asj.
. LOL!!!!!!!! Obama needs you to write speeches for him! Nice speculation, but that's all it is.....speculation. Way to many people close to Tony have spoken out on his behalf, drivers, team owners, Nascar officials. Like them I believe it was a bad accident. Everyone wants to nail Tony to the barn door but NOBODY has evidence to do it. Just speculation, but yours was very colorful. Thanks for the laugh!
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Aug 20, 2014
Manic2 wrote:
They announced Tony sitting out Bristol. Jeff B replacement.
Please cite your source. I haven't seen or heard this anywhere in the media. Thanks.

“Psalms 51”

Since: Jun 12

Maggie Valley NC

#8 Aug 20, 2014
WWE CRASHCAR 2014 wrote:
and you know this..... How ?????? Have you been to Tonys office and seen him hiding under his desk? And have you witnessed him having discussions with lawyers and PR people? I doubt it. Perhaps, just perhaps Tony is really grieving over the death of Kevin Ward Jr. But that's speculation, just like your rant!
Manic 2

United States

#9 Aug 20, 2014
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cite your source. I haven't seen or heard this anywhere in the media. Thanks.
SHR Twitter
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 Aug 20, 2014
Uncle John Duckett wrote:
<quoted text> and you know this..... How ?????? Have you been to Tonys office and seen him hiding under his desk? And have you witnessed him having discussions with lawyers and PR people? I doubt it. Perhaps, just perhaps Tony is really grieving over the death of Kevin Ward Jr. But that's speculation, just like your rant!
Preach it, Uncle John!
Manic 2

United States

#11 Aug 20, 2014
conservancyatMHR wrote:
By any chance dU know where Jimmy Hoffa is ?? LOL
Hummm

Orlando, FL

#12 Aug 20, 2014
I've said it all along. Smoke will not be back to the track until after the investigation is over. The media will be all over him and I'm sure his attorneys have told him to stay away.

Bad part is, the longer he's off the track the harder it will be for him to race again. This accident will haunt him every time he gets behind the wheel for a very long time.

Such a sad accident for all involved.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#13 Aug 20, 2014
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks - I was hoping it was not true, but it's splattered all over the internet now.

I found this in Jayski, and think the solidarity is awesome!
Stewart's fans have responded, via Twitter, Facebook, email and other electronic outlets, to mount a grassroots campaign supporting Stewart this Saturday night at the NASCAR Irwin Tools 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway. The suggestion is a simple one: Stand up on lap 14, which is the number of Stewart's NASCAR Chevrolet, as well as the number of his sprint car. The supporters are rallying around the "StandWithSmoke" logo that Stewart's team introduced for his return at the Daytona 500, his first race back since he himself suffered a badly broken leg in a sprint car crash in Iowa in August, 2013. Smoke is, of course, Stewart's nickname. The Bristol movement is "100 percent fan driven" said Mike Arning, who handles communications for Stewart. Stewart did not race at Watkins Glen, or at the next race at Michigan.
Manic 2

United States

#14 Aug 20, 2014
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks - I was hoping it was not true, but it's splattered all over the internet now.
I found this in Jayski, and think the solidarity is awesome!
Stewart's fans have responded, via Twitter, Facebook, email and other electronic outlets, to mount a grassroots campaign supporting Stewart this Saturday night at the NASCAR Irwin Tools 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway. The suggestion is a simple one: Stand up on lap 14, which is the number of Stewart's NASCAR Chevrolet, as well as the number of his sprint car. The supporters are rallying around the "StandWithSmoke" logo that Stewart's team introduced for his return at the Daytona 500, his first race back since he himself suffered a badly broken leg in a sprint car crash in Iowa in August, 2013. Smoke is, of course, Stewart's nickname. The Bristol movement is "100 percent fan driven" said Mike Arning, who handles communications for Stewart. Stewart did not race at Watkins Glen, or at the next race at Michigan.
To be honest when I read your reply when I got when I got home . I checked to make sure myself so much BS has been written . Better safe then sorry . I think they R going to stand up on lap 14 for Tony.
Manic 2

United States

#15 Aug 20, 2014
Sorry for the stuttering tired LOL
not ward fan

Columbus, OH

#16 Aug 20, 2014
yep, some people and talkers have no judgement nor common sense. Tony is waiting until investigation is completed. giving the family time to grieve. but ward,sr, is running his mouth. guess he nor these naysayers ever had an accident. give it up people. tony is sad, he is human & giving, loving. he is also hurting and dealing with this.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#17 Aug 21, 2014
Manic 2 wrote:
Bob P. < I can not spell his last name . Wrote a good article in SI . People will have to go find it & read it . I agree to with what he wrote but the type of investigation he is referring to could be time consuming. But necessary.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2014...

This might the article you were referring to, and it is very good. As he said, there has been much said about the sprint car by those who are familiar and can contribute educational information. There has been much said, by those who know Tony on a personal and professional level, that speak to his character and reiterate this was and should be investigated as a tragic racing accident. The investigators should diligently consider all of this.

Bob doesn't trash Kevin, but hints how difficult it will be in explaining and defending his actions.

If there is a bias in Tony's favor, it's because, Kevin did not allow the law or public to draw any other conclusion. I also believe that Tony's withdrawal from the public, besides helping him to deal with this tragedy, has shown respect to Kevin's family and friends and the investigators.
Manic 2

United States

#18 Aug 21, 2014
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2014...
This might the article you were referring to, and it is very good. As he said, there has been much said about the sprint car by those who are familiar and can contribute educational information. There has been much said, by those who know Tony on a personal and professional level, that speak to his character and reiterate this was and should be investigated as a tragic racing accident. The investigators should diligently consider all of this.
Bob doesn't trash Kevin, but hints how difficult it will be in explaining and defending his actions.
If there is a bias in Tony's favor, it's because, Kevin did not allow the law or public to draw any other conclusion. I also believe that Tony's withdrawal from the public, besides helping him to deal with this tragedy, has shown respect to Kevin's family and friends and the investigators.
This is it.Thanks

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#19 Aug 21, 2014
Why would he say a word the irresponsible reporting the first week showed he is right not to talk . He does not need to fuel the wards with embellished by the media quote if they quote him right at all. Less said the better. He does not owe the press any favors . They do owe him though.
Manic 2

United States

#20 Aug 23, 2014
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
Why would he say a word the irresponsible reporting the first week showed he is right not to talk . He does not need to fuel the wards with embellished by the media quote if they quote him right at all. Less said the better. He does not owe the press any favors . They do owe him though.
Bob P knows the cold hard truth . The criminal charges R Nothing . Its the Civil charges .More importantly THIS>I now have a better understanding of what the legal annalist was talking about on SXM) If the ward family go for REVENGE who better then go after his sponsors.. Do U or anyone belive the Goldmens wanted OJs possessions . The wanted to take his life away from him & they did. REVENGE IS SWEET ) IT'S HUMAN NATURE)
Stewart's sponsors could be sued for supporting and funding a driver with behavior that could be deemed reckless.

"One arguable theory for a sponsorship suit would be that they allowed Tony to race their car even though they knew his reputation for altercations," Van Blarcom-Gupko said. "However, in general, it is complicated to demonstrate liability against a sponsor when their role is generally to provide funding and have no say in the day-to-day operations of or exercise no control over the team, car or driver
Because Stewart was driving for Tony Stewart Racing and not Stewart-Haas Racing, there is no legal basis for the family to include the NASCAR team in a lawsuit, Van Blarcom-Gupko believes. Therefore, the organization that also fields cars for Danica Patrick, Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch would not be threatened. < Even if the Wards do not win. It's going to make sponsors think twice before sponsoring hot headed drivers . No matter how this turns out NO ONE WINS It put a major black eye on the sport. It it will not go away for yrs,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Nextel Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This race fan is 'bummed' (Feb '12) Dec 25 Sgt Prepper 91
NASCAR Sprint Cup's Ricky Stenhouse Enters Batt... Dec 18 nelson 1
Harvick doesn't regret shoving Keselowski Nov '14 freadrich 1
Penske supports Keselowski after latest NASCAR ... Nov '14 Damion Wells 2
Jeff Gordon hits NASCAR's Brad Keselowski in pi... Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
NASCAR Brawl Ends with Jeff Gordon Bloody Lip, ... Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
Nascar to cut H.P. next year Nov '14 goob 1
More from around the web