More indictments filed against former NASCAR Driver Jeremy Mayfield

Apr 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSFA-TV Montgomery

Thousands of dollars worth of stolen goods are listed, including air filers, an air compressor, alternators, radiators and brake boosters, according to the indictments.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Dec 20, 2013

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1 Apr 26, 2013
He just needs to shoot himself at this point.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

#2 Apr 30, 2013
That's a real nice comment...20...that's what happened to his Dad...you must be a real nice person yourself! L8R. DD.
stick13

Farley, IA

#3 Apr 30, 2013
That is really sad to see anyone in this predicament, I remember watching his first Cup win......
MikeJones28

Tuscaloosa, AL

#4 May 5, 2013
I've always liked Jeremy . I got into NASCAR in the early 80s!! I've seen and been through a lot of BS in my life but to Jeremy : Tough times don't last forever Tough People Do!! Good Luck My Friend!! And Race20 kiss my butt!!!
RacerNTX

Houston, TX

#5 May 17, 2013
Sad to se Jeremy in this fix. His drug problem has cost him a career in racing. I only hope it doesn't cost him his life. Good Lck Jeremy!!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#6 May 19, 2013
I've never been a Mayfield fan much and I've been very critical of him for the self indulgent situation that he put himself and the racing community in. We all have our inner devils I guess and some just don't have the ability to control them as well as others do. Jeremy and his fans thought that if he just kept denying it long enough it would go away I think. And it might have if he had not gotten involved in other things that just brought it all down on him. Sad. Wonder where he would be right now if he'd taken a decent attitude with NASCAR and gotten some help?
NASCAR loses

Louisville, KY

#7 May 28, 2013
NASCAR knows their going to lose that case and had him fixed up. Do some history re-search on what NASCAR does to people they want out of the way. That was a mistake for him to stay anywhere near the SC/NC area.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jun 3, 2013
NASTY CAR was probably hoping to wipe out Jeremy's name from the record book at Dover...that DID NOT happen.(Record set in 2004!) L8R. DD.
Shippy

Carleton Place, Canada

#9 Sep 15, 2013
As far as I am concerned, Mayfield will stay on the crack pipe forever and keep denying his drug problem. The man doesn't want to stop , and will keep getting high for as long as he can keep getting supplied with it. And I am sure his cracked up wife will do it with him.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

#10 Sep 17, 2013
Judge not, lest ye be judged...how do you know what other folks do? L8R. DD.
Colin

Peoria, AZ

#11 Sep 17, 2013
Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
Judge not, lest ye be judged...how do you know what other folks do? L8R. DD.
It's not judging. They have evidence the guy is nothing but a drug addicted thief.
lkb

Fayetteville, NC

#12 Dec 13, 2013
Addiction leads to all sorts of problems but kicking someone when they are down doesn't do anyone any good. Jeremy can turn this around with Gods help and be an inspiration to those who are struggling. I pray he finds that what he is missing can only be filled by the Lord. When you've seen the change in an addicts life its great to know there is hope and peace in their future through Jesus

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Raleigh

#13 Dec 16, 2013
lkb wrote:
Addiction leads to all sorts of problems but kicking someone when they are down doesn't do anyone any good. Jeremy can turn this around with Gods help and be an inspiration to those who are struggling. I pray he finds that what he is missing can only be filled by the Lord. When you've seen the change in an addicts life its great to know there is hope and peace in their future through Jesus
Dude, are you sharing the crack pipe with him. First, his problems with NASCAR are over, ancient history, gone, fineto! There's nothing left there to turn around. The appeals judge threw out his lawsuit. Now his real problem, several grand jury indictments for stealing, possession of stolen property and drug possession. Me thinks old Jeremy is looking at some hard time time in his near future. Maybe they'll hold off on his trial so he can go watch the fire department burn his old mansion that he lost to the bank. The bank has the property up for sale for a mil and a half but have given the house to the fire department the house to burn as training. Probably going up in smoke this Saturday weather permitting. What a shame and a waste. The only difference between the little man and the "big" man going down is the sound of the crash. Wow, that sounds like something Wang Chung would say.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Dec 17, 2013
NASTY CAR was probably hoping to wipe out Jeremy's name from the record book at Dover...that DID NOT happen.(Record set in 2004!) L8R. DD.
Who cares about his record book at Denver. He has a nice criminal record now which will follow him the rest of his life. I see they plan to burn his house down its not worth much anymore. The new owners want rid of it. He should have admitted he was using drugs and went to rehab and he could still be racing. I guess his drugs was more important than having a career and living a clean life. I can't understand why his wife stayed with him unless she is a drugie also. If he don't have a job I guess he can continue to steal that's about all he has left. How can you defend someone with his issues?
Denver Dan Mayfield

Marietta, GA

#15 Dec 17, 2013
Not everyone is perfect like you!
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Dec 17, 2013
I am not perfect but I am not a thief and I DO NOT use drugs,

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Raleigh

#17 Dec 18, 2013
Listen DD, I appreciate your loyalty to Jeremy, I really do but damn Man. When are you going to bend over, reach back between your legs, grasp yourself firmly by the ears and pull your head out of your ass. I've dealt with drunks and addicts a lot over the years and I've heard a lot of stories trying to justify why they continue to abuse their body and their life but Jeremy has proved to be the biggest idiot yet by putting himself and those he loves through the hell he has all trying to deny and justify. I truly wonder if he thinks it's worth what he has already gone through and still has to face. His life would have been as simple as Almendinger's had he not let his ego and stupidity run away with him to the point he couldn't back track. It's really a shame but just proves Smoke was right on when he said "you can't fix stupid. Don't let it make a fool out of you too, DD. There comes a time when pity for someone that doesn't want it only makes you look stupid too.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Marietta, GA

#18 Dec 19, 2013
You are such a nice person, and say such nice things. I think I will say no more on this (or any other NASTYCAR site, because I no longer care for the sport, or mean spirited people like you...Merry Christmas! L8R. DD.( No need to respond, as I will not read it!)

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Raleigh

#19 Dec 20, 2013
You are such a nice person, and say such nice things. I think I will say no more on this (or any other NASTYCAR site, because I no longer care for the sport, or mean spirited people like you...Merry Christmas! L8R. DD.( No need to respond, as I will not read it!)
This isn't meant as a nasty parting shot Dan, really. I'm really sorry that all this has gone down the way it has but Jeremy brought it all down on himself. Instead of stepping up and doing the right thing and taking cooperative corrective action for his problems, he just continued to screw up his life by getting into other illegal situations. If by chance you do read this, I truly wish you and yours the merriest Christmas and the most prosperous New Year ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Nextel Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism Aug 26 Manic 2 39
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 232
Tony Stewart faces an uncertain future Aug 25 CatRod53 11
Josh Wise's fans look to unseat Earnhardt Jr. Aug 23 flatt 7
Bristol NASCAR fans: Will you "Stand With Smoke... Aug 23 Amigoty 1
Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory Aug 17 Whoyakidding 6
Danica Patrick: Latest News, 2014 Sprint Cup Ra... Aug 15 Cale 11 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NASCAR Nextel Cup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••