Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR

Aug 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox Sports

Lee Spencer is the Senior NASCAR Writer for FOXSports.com. She has provided award-winning coverage of auto racing over the last 15 years.

Comments
1 - 20 of 86 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
manic 2

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Busch Mulling 2014 Offer From Stewart Haas Racing http://motorsports-soapbox.blogspot.com/2013/... #NASCAR
manc 2

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

If any of this is true. It makes a person wonder who really calls the shot at SHR ?

@bobpockrass so why no 4th car for Newman but for Busch? Something going on behind the scenes?

Bob Pockrass ‏@bobpockrass 57m
Either a sponsor or team feels Busch worth it @WinstonCupFan: why no 4th car for Newman but for Busch? Something going on behind scenes?
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Smoke needs to step on this BS. Kurt Busch is a freaking idiot. The only reason he's been behaving at Furniture Row is he knows if he screws up there it's all over for him. The moment this idiot really thinks he is in control again, he'll be back to his old stupidity. I can't see Smoke and Kurt getting along.
manic 2

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

You make a good point . But even on FB some of the people R asking. Who really runs SHR ? I can not understand if SHR is going to have 4 cars . Why get rid of Ryan ?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

I wonder why Stewart said previously that they do not have the resources to run a fourth team. But now that Kurt is interested, he does! I think Kurt will do better than Ryan. But I think Ryan got screwed over. Between Stewart, Harvick, and Busch-there are too many hot heads over at that team.
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

manic 2 wrote:
You make a good point . But even on FB some of the people R asking. Who really runs SHR ? I can not understand if SHR is going to have 4 cars . Why get rid of Ryan ?
Been doing a little reading this morning and it appears that Gene Haas and the competition director are the ones that offered Busch a ride. Smoke supposed didn't know about it till the offer had been made. You brought forward a great question, who really does run the team and make those type decisions, Smoke or moneyman Haas?
Manic 2

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

I wish I could remember an ole saying my Grandmother would say when I was little.( What a web we weave< its all I remember LOL ) OH well Here is the latest .

Dave Moody just wrote this morning article stating that "The offer to Kurt Busch was given by co-owner Gene Haas and Joe Custer. The deal was made pruor to Stewart's knowledge or approval. Stewart is resting to heal a fractured leg and knew nothing prior to it being made known to the media after it was too late.
Manic 2

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

WHOYAKIDDING wrote:
<quoted text>Been doing a little reading this morning and it appears that Gene Haas and the competition director are the ones that offered Busch a ride. Smoke supposed didn't know about it till the offer had been made. You brought forward a great question, who really does run the team and make those type decisions, Smoke or moneyman Haas?
Sorry my putter must be on delay. This post did not show up until after I posted #7. My putter must be having a brain fart. LOL
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Nascar makes for some strange bedfellows.

Tony leaves a seemingly secure future at JGR to join forces with Gene Haas, a man of means but questionable methods.

Who knows who called the shots to let Darian and Ryan go, but Tony got the job of letting them know.

Sponsorship is the key that runs the show, and Tony and Zippy have agreed SHR can't support 4 teams this year. Tony's laid up now for several weeks, but Zippy is still very much in the picture, at least as far the who drives the 14 car goes. It seems as much so when it comes to making company wide personnel decisions.

Tony has publicly stated he can tolerate Kyle, but can't stand Kurt Busch. Apparently Gene Haas doesn't know or give a crap what his partner thinks if he wants SHR can support 4 cars next season.

I've heard SHR has helped out Furniture Row in the past, so did they sell out to SHR and KB has sponsorship next year?

It's beginning to look like Tony is just the face and mouthpiece for SHR. Sadly, I think he is learning the hard way about Gene Haas - that a leopard can't change its spots.
Manic 2

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

CatRod53 wrote:
Nascar makes for some strange bedfellows.
Tony leaves a seemingly secure future at JGR to join forces with Gene Haas, a man of means but questionable methods.
Who knows who called the shots to let Darian and Ryan go, but Tony got the job of letting them know.
Sponsorship is the key that runs the show, and Tony and Zippy have agreed SHR can't support 4 teams this year. Tony's laid up now for several weeks, but Zippy is still very much in the picture, at least as far the who drives the 14 car goes. It seems as much so when it comes to making company wide personnel decisions.
Tony has publicly stated he can tolerate Kyle, but can't stand Kurt Busch. Apparently Gene Haas doesn't know or give a crap what his partner thinks if he wants SHR can support 4 cars next season.
I've heard SHR has helped out Furniture Row in the past, so did they sell out to SHR and KB has sponsorship next year?
It's beginning to look like Tony is just the face and mouthpiece for SHR. Sadly, I think he is learning the hard way about Gene Haas - that a leopard can't change its spots.
I get what wrote . But I always thought something smelled fishy with the deal between Haas & Tony. I do believe they brought Tony in for his name & the sponsorship . But this deal went down when Haas was in prison. Maybe it wasn't all his idea.Think about it all these ideas are being made when one person was locked Up & the other is laid up hurt.I Still say it stinks like 3 day old fish. J/S
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Manic 2 wrote:
I wish I could remember an ole saying my Grandmother would say when I was little.( What a web we weave< its all I remember LOL ) OH well Here is the latest .
Dave Moody just wrote this morning article stating that "The offer to Kurt Busch was given by co-owner Gene Haas and Joe Custer. The deal was made pruor to Stewart's knowledge or approval. Stewart is resting to heal a fractured leg and knew nothing prior to it being made known to the media after it was too late.
Your grandmother was a very wise woman. She was trying to teach you how destructive lies and betrayal can be. The saying goes "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive".

Tony needed a grandmother with such good advice.
manic 2

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your grandmother was a very wise woman. She was trying to teach you how destructive lies and betrayal can be. The saying goes "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive".
Thank U Thats it :)
Loser 14

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stewart will be back for preseason testing. Probably hopes fans will forget what a slimeball he is. Lie. Lie. Lie
That's all he knows how to do
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

I would have thought SHR would have a young, go get 'em driver in the 14 the rest of the season.

Nothing personal toward Mark Martin, but he didn't even cross my mind. Still, if he can stay out of trouble, and they keep enough gas in the car, I'm betting he can get some pretty consistent decent finishes toward the owners points.
manc 2

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

AUDIO:@RyanNewman39 talks about his future plans and whether or not he was misled by @StewartHaasRcng http://snd.sc/1eY3GXK
manc 2

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Ryan Newman talks about his future plans and whether or not he was misled by Stewart Haas Racing. http://fb.me/1R6h4llmw
manc 2

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Mark Martin says Tony Stewart is a "modern day" what? http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/6d974a36-9ac8-48...
Greg Zipadelli, when asked about fourth team-Kurt Busch possibility, says nothing is done. http://bit.ly/1dnbVP7 #nascar
manc 2

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Well it sounds like Ryan is a little shocked about the 4 car team for 2014. And maybe a little hurt. JMO
manc 2

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

CatRod53 wrote:
I would have thought SHR would have a young, go get 'em driver in the 14 the rest of the season.
Nothing personal toward Mark Martin, but he didn't even cross my mind. Still, if he can stay out of trouble, and they keep enough gas in the car, I'm betting he can get some pretty consistent decent finishes toward the owners points.
I know it is mainly the sponsor's that make the choice as who drives any of the cup cars. As far as Dega goes I would think they would want a seasoned driver behind the wheel. J/S
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

manc 2 wrote:
<quoted text> I know it is mainly the sponsor's that make the choice as who drives any of the cup cars. As far as Dega goes I would think they would want a seasoned driver behind the wheel. J/S
I agree. I don't understand the reasoning behind any of the news coming out of SHR today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••