Earnhardt on bump: 'Who, me?'

Earnhardt on bump: 'Who, me?'

There are 2206 comments on the fredericksburg.com story from Sep 7, 2008, titled Earnhardt on bump: 'Who, me?'. In it, fredericksburg.com reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. insisted it wasn't intentional, but he stopped short of apologizing for the crash that knocked polesitter Kyle Busch out of the lead 211 laps into yesterday's Chevy Rock & Roll 400.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at fredericksburg.com.

mshane221

Moravia, NY

#1279 Sep 16, 2008
Jr Rocks wrote:
<quoted text> Granny is an OK person.. Like everyone says. She sometimes will try to get under yer skin. She tried me sayin that I ain't in the Marines because I don't type and spell properly and that all military are supposed to do that. Oh and the fact that I had a Confederate Flag as an avatar. She said that she knew for a fact that you couldn't have those in the military. But I have a tatt with one and so does many other Marines. Black White Mexican. You name it. I've seen em all with them. Oh and the fact that one of the states flags happens to bare those colors. The great state of Mississippi to be exact. Georgia has one at one time aswell.
Granny I have no problem with you.
I can understand your pride in being a Marine. My Husband was in the Marine Corps when we were married. We were down in NC, then Virgina, and then PA.
mshane221

Moravia, NY

#1280 Sep 16, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so hard to believe the season is almost over. It seems like just yesterday we were on the edge of our seats waiting for Jr to start the 2008 season in the 88 and now it's almost over.
I know! Then it's like it takes forever for February to get here. But what a great start Jr. had this year with the first two races!! Too bad they weren't points races, but it was still exciting to me.
Junior Nation

United States

#1281 Sep 16, 2008
mshane221 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! Then it's like it takes forever for February to get here. But what a great start Jr. had this year with the first two races!! Too bad they weren't points races, but it was still exciting to me.
Even though he didn't get my "8" wins I was hoping for he still is having an awesome year. Just the fact that at this time last year he already had 6 DNF's and this year none is a great accomplishment. I sure hope Mr H can keep him calmed down the next 9 races so that he continues having good finishes.
mshane221

Moravia, NY

#1282 Sep 16, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though he didn't get my "8" wins I was hoping for he still is having an awesome year. Just the fact that at this time last year he already had 6 DNF's and this year none is a great accomplishment. I sure hope Mr H can keep him calmed down the next 9 races so that he continues having good finishes.
Last year, I think it was after the 4th or 5th DNF I swore I wasn't going to watch for the rest of the season. Man that really sucked. But ofcourse I still watched every one of them. As for his little temperment problem this week, I don't think we will see anymore of it for the rest of the chase. He really isn't one to do it on a regular basis. Seriously, when was the last time you heard him that upset? I think this was the first time this season. Not sure.
Say What

Dryden, Canada

#1283 Sep 16, 2008
snow wrote:
<quoted text> What I heard him say it was the day it happened not at
anyone retirement party.
What did he say to you about it?
Say What

Dryden, Canada

#1284 Sep 16, 2008
Let UBU wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know what Mr Hendrick said about the incident,..hmmm.
I was at Terry's retirement party shortly after Dega and Mr Hendrick must have had a change of heart after talking to you, as a matter of fact I can tell you who was sitting next to Rick and who was at his own table with his crew chief for company and it definitely contradicts your statement
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/Nukk...
Rick isn't one to comment publicly on team incidents but once the driver that was upset had a chance to let his adrenaline run out things changed.
It would have been pretty hard for Vickers to let up after pushing Jimmy to try and pass Jr.
Jr did what any driver in the lead would, tried to block Jimmy, Jimmy let up and Vickers had no where to go.
It was a racing deal.
Want to blame some one, blame NASCAR for the plates or Jr for the attempted block.
Restrictor Plate racing is the blame as far as I'm concerned.
and what did he say to you?

Would kinda like to know cause I was pretty sure he liked Vickers especially since Ricky had picked him to take his place at HMS when he quit racing
didn't think Hendrick would have too much bad to say bout him
Hilton Head

Leesburg, FL

#1285 Sep 16, 2008
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry dear. Its hard to tell on here sometimes. I'm female too and my name always confuses people. I've been called dude and buddy more times than I care to count. On the football forums they still think I'm a guy. If your female over there they don't take you serious. Go figure huh?
What a great game that was last night, I was so tired, but there was no way that I was going anywhere until it was over. Big D looks good and I'm not talking about defense.

“SEMPER FIDELIS”

Since: Jun 08

Sallisaw OK

#1286 Sep 16, 2008
mshane221 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your pride in being a Marine. My Husband was in the Marine Corps when we were married. We were down in NC, then Virgina, and then PA.
Thank you. Its a big thing in the Marine Corps/ Say it with me. "PRIDE" Tell your Husband I said Semper Fi and Oooohh Raaahhh. And tell him Thanks and that I'm proud to serve with him.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#1287 Sep 16, 2008
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>What a great game that was last night, I was so tired, but there was no way that I was going anywhere until it was over. Big D looks good and I'm not talking about defense.
It was totally awesome. Both teams put everything they had into it. Tony just can't afford to make too many mistakes tho. It reminded me of a great nose to nose Nascar finish.lol.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#1288 Sep 16, 2008
Jr Rocks wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you. Its a big thing in the Marine Corps/ Say it with me. "PRIDE" Tell your Husband I said Semper Fi and Oooohh Raaahhh. And tell him Thanks and that I'm proud to serve with him.
Don't mean to interupt this post but I think thats great your in the Marines. My grandson is in the Mohave right now learning desert training. He'll be going to Afghanistan the end of this month. SEMPER FI dear.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#1289 Sep 16, 2008
Sorry. Meant Mojave.
mshane221

Moravia, NY

#1290 Sep 16, 2008
Jr Rocks wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you. Its a big thing in the Marine Corps/ Say it with me. "PRIDE" Tell your Husband I said Semper Fi and Oooohh Raaahhh. And tell him Thanks and that I'm proud to serve with him.
Well I would love to oblidge you on that one JR. but we have been divorced for 26 years now. But I do remember the "pride" well and appreciate your enthusiasm! Keep "Rocking" Jr.!!!

“SEMPER FIDELIS”

Sallisaw OK

#1291 Sep 16, 2008
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't mean to interupt this post but I think thats great your in the Marines. My grandson is in the Mohave right now learning desert training. He'll be going to Afghanistan the end of this month. SEMPER FI dear.
LOL Thats ok. You can interupt any time. Well I'm glad he serves too. Thanks yeah i've been there twice.

“SEMPER FIDELIS”

Sallisaw OK

#1292 Sep 16, 2008
mshane221 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I would love to oblidge you on that one JR. but we have been divorced for 26 years now. But I do remember the "pride" well and appreciate your enthusiasm! Keep "Rocking" Jr.!!!
Well thanks and I'm sorry to hear that. You can call me Chad if you like. I'm kinda Honorary at times

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1293 Sep 16, 2008
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Andy. Yep think I'm gonna go with the 48 too. Glad to see you made it thru Ike.
Hi, stranger. How have you been?
GETALIFE

United States

#1294 Sep 16, 2008
Hey all. How is all the Texas bunch? A friend's son lost the entire apartment building that they were living in. They are sitting in OK right now. Ike was a nasty visitor. All of our pray's are with the people of Texas right now.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#1295 Sep 16, 2008
GETALIFE wrote:
Hey all. How is all the Texas bunch? A friend's son lost the entire apartment building that they were living in. They are sitting in OK right now. Ike was a nasty visitor. All of our pray's are with the people of Texas right now.
So Sorry to hear this. I have been praying for all in that State and the surrounding areas since before it stuck. I hope the aid gets there soon.
GETALIFE

United States

#1296 Sep 16, 2008
mshane221 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only been here for roughly one week. I was searching for info on the internet pertaining to the Richmond race as I had quite an interest in the Kyle/Jr. incident and the search engine directed me to this site. I read alot of the comments and became involved if I disagreed or agreed. But I wasn't here to bash anyone and demean anyone. I saw others do it before you, and spoke to a few. But your posts to innocent ppl minding their own business got to be vicious. No one attacked you that I could see...they simply had a different opinion than you. I do have a questioned that I am confused about....again because I am new and I don't know the posters well. I have seen "Carolyn from Waterford PA" and "Carolyn from Erie PA". The Carolyn that screamed at me says she is from Erie, but the post addy is Waterford. Are you the same person? I have only one name and one address mshane221/syracuse,ny. All I want to do is share racing thoughts with good ppl such as the ones I mentioned a few posts back...Christy88 being one...another I forgot to mention who has been very informative is Getalife. It's really interesting to hear others thoughts when they aren't spending their time simply being insulting and rude. We don't have to agree or like the same racers, simply be polite. For the record Donnaluvs14_39 has you beat by a long shot. I said what I had to say to her and I will not respond to her anymore.
Thanks for the kind words. The funny thing here is most of the teens admit their age and some of the "older posters" sound more like the teens. There are a lot of good people on here with their opions some of which I agree and some I don't but that is the idea. For the most part the majority of the younger posters have some very well thought out remarks. They really are passionate about their drivers and I find that refreshing. There are only a couple of people on here that just come on to fight and stir the pot. I sure try not to be the one stirring.
GETALIFE

United States

#1297 Sep 16, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
So Sorry to hear this. I have been praying for all in that State and the surrounding areas since before it stuck. I hope the aid gets there soon.
Me too! For the people who had to evacuate the waiting must be the worst. Knowing your home may not be there when you are allowed in.

“Clance' McClannahan ”

Boise ID

#1298 Sep 17, 2008
Jr. is a huge fit thrower...Hendriks had to get on the horn himself and tell him if he doesn't get his temper under control he is going to go anywhere in the Chase.
Dale is just as bad as Tony. I am a huge fan of both of them, but let's get real. His countenence is not just below Jesus's.
And yes...I too think Jr. would laugh at being called a gentleman. He is a party hardy boy. That's one of the reasons he built his little "town" at his house. It's well known he hangs with Kid Rock...a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nascar Drivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More than 100 photos of Dale Earnhardt Jr. thro... Thu MorePharts 2
News Attorney pleads not guilty to theft May 22 ShePhartts 27
News NASCAR at Kansas: Jeff Gordon blames former tea... May 13 Pointing pharts 2
News Remember NASCARa s Clint Bowyer? Herea s how hi... May 12 Thats phartz 6
News Stenhouse wins first NASCAR Cup race with last-... May 9 Wins phart 2
News Richmond International Raceway hires WWE promot... May 9 Hires phart 2
News Dave Calabro follows John Andretti's battle wit... Apr 30 Donate phart 20
More from around the web