SOZ on RTR - Free the 20 by Michelsen

SOZ on RTR - Free the 20 by Michelsen

There are 52 comments on the www.racetalkradio.com story from Jul 21, 2008, titled SOZ on RTR - Free the 20 by Michelsen. In it, www.racetalkradio.com reports that:

Join old timers Harold and Beulah that can really tell you what it was like back in the day cause they lived it! Each week Race Talk Radio's senior members bring you the race results from today and way back in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.racetalkradio.com.

“Be a smartass not a dumbass!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Mobile, Alabama

#23 Jul 22, 2008
jgrloganofan wrote:
<quoted text>
tony made the decision to leave. blame the fat ass.
What the hell is your problem, you can't make a post without the name calling?

“Old School Is Back. ”

Since: Jul 08

Bradenton, FL

#24 Jul 22, 2008
You know this whole thing is BS really Tony already said he would not ask Joe for the #20. Odd how somepeople make a big deal out of it. On to the new chapter and #

Since: Jan 07

Charlotte NC

#25 Jul 22, 2008
Big-14-Fan wrote:
You know this whole thing is BS really Tony already said he would not ask Joe for the #20. Odd how somepeople make a big deal out of it. On to the new chapter and #
Quick question but has any driver taken his number when he has moved to another team? I cannot recall anyone right off.

“It's a southern thang”

Since: Mar 08

Thomasville

#26 Jul 22, 2008
PattiSmokeFan20 wrote:
Did I miss something but it doesn't sound like the lot of us are torn up over the number change. Does it bother any of you that he won't be driving the 20 next year?
It doesn't bother me, I am just happy he is still going to be racing next year. Change is inevitable no one is immune to it, it is how we adapt to it that makes the difference and I think most of Tony's fans are adapting well.

“Clance' McClannahan ”

Boise ID

#27 Jul 22, 2008
It's the Driver, not the number. IT will make the #20 stuff more valuable. And the number 12.

NASCAR has announced that Tony Stewart will be conducting a teleconferance at 2 PM today. Ryan Newman is also doing a CAM teleconference for NASCAR at 3 p.m. today.
Sounds like they are going to beat the press's guess of an announcement on Friday at Indy.

“Old School Is Back. ”

Bradenton, FL

#28 Jul 22, 2008
maine girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick question but has any driver taken his number when he has moved to another team? I cannot recall anyone right off.
I don't think anyone has taken there # with them to be honest with ya. Owners really hold the keys to such things, and like I said Tony already said he would not ask for the #20 even thou it means a lot to him. He knows that is JGR # and will be. He starting a new chapter in his life so why not with a new # as well. yes keep all the old #20 things with his name on it maybe something down the road. alot of the stuff with Toyota on it will be as well considering there is only 1 year of it.
Babs

Rochester, NY

#29 Jul 22, 2008
Gone Too Long wrote:
I'd like to see him keep the 20.
I have to agree because I'm a creature of habit, but I don't mind 14 either. I think Gibbs would be silly to give it up, as most people will continue, at some level, to connect #20 with Gibbs and success. It may also work for TS as he is starting a NEW venture and having a number different than 20 may work. Going back to 14 is a great story line and thus bring publicity to his new team. we'll see.....

Mobile, Alabama

#30 Jul 22, 2008
jgrfan wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't bother me, I am just happy he is still going to be racing next year. Change is inevitable no one is immune to it, it is how we adapt to it that makes the difference and I think most of Tony's fans are adapting well.
True, some fans are ALOT more vocal about their dissatisfaction on thier driver having to change numbers because their Step-mommy wouldn't let them keep thier old one. I guess some fans are ALOT more mature than others.:p

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#31 Jul 22, 2008
Big-14-Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think anyone has taken there # with them to be honest with ya. Owners really hold the keys to such things, and like I said Tony already said he would not ask for the #20 even thou it means a lot to him. He knows that is JGR # and will be. He starting a new chapter in his life so why not with a new # as well. yes keep all the old #20 things with his name on it maybe something down the road. alot of the stuff with Toyota on it will be as well considering there is only 1 year of it.
Is that you or Tony in your avatar?

;-)

“I'm Snarky Too!”

Since: Jan 08

Central, PA

#32 Jul 22, 2008
[QUOTE\]What I want to know is, is Stewart going to keep the 20 on his USAC and WoO cars?[/QUOTE]
Last night, someone called into Tony's radio show and asked him that question. He said that he didn't have any plans to change the numbers on his USAC and WoO cars at this time. He said that he and a number of drivers have cars in those series that match their cup numbers, and that's how he got the 20 there in the first place, but that people know those teams for the 15 and 20 now, and they probably wouldn't change them.

“Old School Is Back. ”

Bradenton, FL

#33 Jul 22, 2008
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you or Tony in your avatar?
;-)
All Tony

“Indiana boys and girls :P”

Indiana

#34 Jul 22, 2008
Church of the Great Oval wrote:
It's the Driver, not the number. IT will make the #20 stuff more valuable. And the number 12.
NASCAR has announced that Tony Stewart will be conducting a teleconferance at 2 PM today. Ryan Newman is also doing a CAM teleconference for NASCAR at 3 p.m. today.
Sounds like they are going to beat the press's guess of an announcement on Friday at Indy.
I missed it.... what came of this?

Charlotte NC

#35 Jul 22, 2008
Gone Too Long wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed it.... what came of this?
Nothing much. Ryan talking about the up coming race, committed to Penski till the end of the year. No great annoucement.

“Just a littlebit”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#37 Jul 22, 2008
Church of the Great Oval wrote:
Didn't happen

“Indiana boys and girls :P”

Indiana

#38 Jul 23, 2008
maine girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing much. Ryan talking about the up coming race, committed to Penski till the end of the year. No great annoucement.
hahaha... sounds like it was a GREAT press conf!!

Mobile, Alabama

#39 Jul 23, 2008
jgrloganofan wrote:
<quoted text>
um, no. have you read all my posts? i call people names in just about all of them. fucknut.
Yes, I see that now, so you do have a problem, its obviously mental one, must run in your family.
christy88

San Antonio, TX

#41 Jul 23, 2008
jgrloganofan wrote:
<quoted text>
i get my mental problems from my mama. she was a crack ho and died.
Wow some is full of anger!!! maybe you should try some crack and mellow out some

Mobile, Alabama

#42 Jul 23, 2008
jgrloganofan wrote:
<quoted text>
i get my mental problems from my mama. she was a crack ho and died.
Well, maybe one day you can follow in her footsteps.
BigTony20

Cape Charles, VA

#44 Jul 23, 2008
Well since I think Tony's Old Spice car is one of the best looking cars out there,I think his new #14 will resemble that car. As far as him not being in a #20,it will take awhile but I will get use to it. I'm hearing that the 2nd Stewart-Hass number will be the #4 with Newman in the car.

Mobile, Alabama

#45 Jul 23, 2008
BigTony20 wrote:
I'm hearing that the 2nd Stewart-Hass number will be the #4 with Newman in the car.
Yeah, you and everyone else with ears. Funny thing is, everyones saying it BUT Tony himself, so I'm not listening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nascar Drivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jimmie Johnson, Chad Knaus stick together to ch... Apr 3 SoundPhart 24
News NASCAR's Jamie McMurray enjoying resurgence at ... Apr 2 Resurgence Phart 2
News NASCAR HOFer Mark Martin sees no issue with Veg... Mar '17 Light Phartce 4
News NASCAR Xfinity: Dash 4 Cash program kicks off a... Mar '17 MorePhartz 2
News Allmendinger crew chief suspended 3 races and f... Mar '17 Such Phart 4
News NASCAR's Danica Patrick adamant she fairly prom... Mar '17 Holding pharts 4
News Chase Elliott wins Daytona pole as NASCAR begin... Mar '17 ThatPharts 4
More from around the web