Prep football: Becker banks on young QB with famous name

Sep 13, 2007 Full story: St. Cloud Times 106

“It's nice to see (Johnny) doing well. His brother is doing a good job, too. You're always proud of your kids and grandkids. What's better yet is that they're good students and great kids.”

Never in Dwight Lundeen's nearly four decades as Becker football coach had a freshman started at quarterback. via St. Cloud Times

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ben Cencer

Becker, MN

#112 Dec 5, 2011
Tommy benson sucks. I've seen better spirals from a tornado throwing a football from its twirling winds. I I have taken better handoffs from a rhino and to top it off he played on the B team in 8th grade! What a plug! If he has 5 receptions total nextseason il be surprised. Let's get real. Put trey Hanson in as the starter he would be 100% more effective!
Austin Halvorson

Becker, MN

#113 Jan 6, 2012
Ben Cencer sucks ass and quit football because he sucks so bad. And me and Michael Soule are best friends .
Fan

Big Lake, MN

#114 Aug 5, 2012
Highly doubt Ben wrote that. Tommy broke many records including state records. 2 of the nicest kids around. Johnny has been trashed in Becker for 5 years by adults and kids that are jealous of a kid that was good.

He left and won't come back. He loves college as he gets a chance to start over and play with high school stars from all over who are not a bunch of jealous red necks that want to ruin a young man's life, as Becker almost did.

I have taught or coached most of the Benson kids. They are all great kids with one thing in common. They have a work ethic that amazes me. Something very rare. Robbie is in 8th grade and may be the best athlete yet. The rumors trashing him have already begun. And they seem to be worse than anything Johnny and Tommy had to endure. He is an amazing kid, and let's hope he can overcome this trashing as well as his older siblings
Fan

Big Lake, MN

#115 Aug 5, 2012
You must feel like an idiot now after saying this:
"Tommy did have a good season with the JV as part of the team i witness/contributed just this. He played very well i am not saying that he didn't, but should he start next year?...i'm not so sure that is a good idea"

Mike Smith a great athlete? Crazy. Average wrestler, bad middle linebacker and below average baseball player.

Tommy had a great junior season and was a great leader. And he lives a clean life.
Ben Cencer

Big Lake, MN

#116 Aug 5, 2012
Wasn't really Ben above, as he would know Tommy was A team QB in 8th grade. And we could see then how good he was. Colton was next in line. Can't remember the two B team QBs
SJU player

Collegeville, MN

#117 Oct 2, 2012
Johnny boy is a class-act. He is the "big man on campus" based on his kindnes and humor. He is loved by all here. This was an eye-opener thar people said such bad things... but I'm sure it is 1 or 2 people jelous of him, but he has no enemies here..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nascar Drivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This race fan is 'bummed' (Feb '12) Dec 25 Sgt Prepper 91
NASCAR Sprint Cup's Ricky Stenhouse Enters Batt... Dec 18 nelson 1
Where Does Kyle Busch Rank Among NASCAR's All-T... (Jul '13) Dec 14 Janice Abbott Miller 35
Sporting Newsa 60 Most Beautiful People: No. 26... (Feb '09) Nov '14 Crystal from Surry 8
Harvick doesn't regret shoving Keselowski Nov '14 freadrich 1
Penske supports Keselowski after latest NASCAR ... Nov '14 Damion Wells 2
Jeff Gordon hits NASCAR's Brad Keselowski in pi... Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
More from around the web