No longer so comfortable in standings, Earnhardt feeling the heat as NASCAR's Chase looms

Aug 21, 2013 Full story: Star Tribune 11

Two weeks ago, Dale Earnhardt Jr. was sailing along looking like a lock to make it into NASCAR's Chase for the championship, standing fifth in points in one of the most consistent seasons of his career.

Full Story
Barr

Temperance, MI

#1 Aug 22, 2013
Wow, NASCAR will be so disappointed if Jr doesn't make the chase. If you think the stands are empty now wait for another chase without Jr.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#2 Aug 22, 2013
Barr wrote:
Wow, NASCAR will be so disappointed if Jr doesn't make the chase. If you think the stands are empty now wait for another chase without Jr.
It's amazing, the power of Jr., to make or break NASCAR! It's totally amazing. The retirement of DW, the retirement of the King, the death of Dale Sr., the near collapse of the economy and who knows what else but NASCAR has survived. Yet the possible failure of Dale Jr. to make the chase will be the end of NASCAR. I simply don't know how he carries that load on his shoulders every day and still functions. I guess it just goes to show how truly AWESOME he is.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

#3 Aug 22, 2013
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing, the power of Jr., to make or break NASCAR! It's totally amazing. The retirement of DW, the retirement of the King, the death of Dale Sr., the near collapse of the economy and who knows what else but NASCAR has survived. Yet the possible failure of Dale Jr. to make the chase will be the end of NASCAR. I simply don't know how he carries that load on his shoulders every day and still functions. I guess it just goes to show how truly AWESOME he is.
or how clueless the majority of fans are.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#5 Aug 23, 2013
He wil make it in. Dipshit jr will puts around and play it safely.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#6 Aug 23, 2013
*putz around. Meaning just riding lol
This girl

Hazard, KY

#7 Sep 13, 2013
Of course junior will be in the chase.
He's a Hendrick car, he'll be there.
For the life of me,I just can't figure out why junior thinks he's doing good on that team.
They got him there to control him,so he doesn't do good.the cars they give him sucks.he hasn't went anywhere with hendrick's and he never will.oh,they try to make it look good.he's in the chase,but if he doesn't win it,big woo.and he won't win,you can count on that.
It's Jeff's turn this year !
He's been left out the past few years and he's not going to take that.he's cried and whined till NASCAR has given in.he doesn't like being number 2 on the team.jimmy Johnson has been the star the past few years and Jeff is tired of it.
Top 4 teams this year..........Hendrick cars.
Wonder how much they had to pay out?
Fed up Fan

Katy, TX

#8 Sep 20, 2013
After just one race in the Chase, the super NASCAR talent; Junior is now number 13 in a 13-driver Chase. Time for NASCAR's little baby to say he's got a headache and sit out a few races so it won't be "his fault" when he doesn't win the championship...AGAIN.

Guess the wicked-evil step mother knew what she was doing when she cut the loser Junior loose.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#9 Sep 20, 2013
This girl wrote:
Of course junior will be in the chase.
He's a Hendrick car, he'll be there.
For the life of me,I just can't figure out why junior thinks he's doing good on that team.
They got him there to control him,so he doesn't do good.the cars they give him sucks.he hasn't went anywhere with hendrick's and he never will.oh,they try to make it look good.he's in the chase,but if he doesn't win it,big woo.and he won't win,you can count on that.
It's Jeff's turn this year !
He's been left out the past few years and he's not going to take that.he's cried and whined till NASCAR has given in.he doesn't like being number 2 on the team.jimmy Johnson has been the star the past few years and Jeff is tired of it.
Top 4 teams this year..........Hendrick cars.
Wonder how much they had to pay out?
Dale jr is really nothing more than a marketing figure at this point in his career. Right now he has more confidence in HMS than any other team out there and I'm sure when his time comes to win it all, JR Nation will be heavily proud.
chris sanson

Beckley, WV

#10 Sep 29, 2013
This just in... after getting 4 tires at dover and jimmie gets two and dale jr cant do jack. Even tho jimmie is a homo, he is a good racrcar driver, and dale jr is a joke, he sucks and will never be a champion and all the dale jr fans know it. Flame me all you want, but you know im right. Dale sr was a racecar driver, a 7 time champion. Dale jr is a name, nothing more, exept maybe jeff & jimmies bitchh. And its not like he aint in the best equipment, ridin his old mans coat tails. 0 time champion.
chris sanson

Beckley, WV

#11 Sep 29, 2013
When his time comes to win it all??? lol. Dude hes been in cup 15 years. What the hell they waitin on?. He sucks man, maybe call me crazy but just maybe jeff & jimmie & kasey too, are oh i dont know better than him. Lmao, my grandma could out drive dale jr. Hed wreck a go cart man, hell hes rich he outta just lay up n do coke n bang hookers & quit embarassing himself.
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#12 Sep 30, 2013
chris sanson wrote:
When his time comes to win it all??? lol. Dude hes been in cup 15 years. What the hell they waitin on?. He sucks man, maybe call me crazy but just maybe jeff & jimmie & kasey too, are oh i dont know better than him. Lmao, my grandma could out drive dale jr. Hed wreck a go cart man, hell hes rich he outta just lay up n do coke n bang hookers & quit embarassing himself.
What a whiny, jealous crybaby. Here's the truth Buttercup. Jr. isn't the best driver in Cup BUT he's in the top ten. What are you in the top ten in Sparky, illiteracy? It certainly isn't spelling or grammar. I love to read the stupid drivel idiots like you write thinking you're going to impress someone or change their opinion of someone else. If Jr. is as untalented as you express, then he's still pretty sharp to be making 30 or 40 million a year. How much are you making up there in hillbilly heaven, Sparky?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NASCAR Busch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where Does Kyle Busch Rank Among NASCAR's All-T... (Jul '13) Dec 14 Janice Abbott Miller 35
This race fan is 'bummed' (Feb '12) Nov '14 DOug 90
Harvick doesn't regret shoving Keselowski Nov '14 freadrich 1
Penske supports Keselowski after latest NASCAR ... Nov '14 Damion Wells 2
Jeff Gordon hits NASCAR's Brad Keselowski in pi... Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
NASCAR Brawl Ends with Jeff Gordon Bloody Lip, ... Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
Earnhardt captures NASCAR Sprint Cup victory at... Nov '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 9