Readers spout off after getting dirt ...

Readers spout off after getting dirt on ShowerGate

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 21, 2008, titled Readers spout off after getting dirt on ShowerGate. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

T oday, readers get their writes on my quest for a steamy, hot, shower video at City Hall while searching for the secret shower in the office of City Budget Director Bennett "Soapy" Johnson III, which he is now ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Chris s

San Jose, CA

#1 Feb 22, 2008
who pays for the water use? ha suckers you do...what if it leaks will this mans insurance pay to fix city hall? does the city wash his towels too? do he get to bring the bike indoors so his seat wont be stolen like mine, next to i go can i lock mine near his so mine stays safe too?
Dave

Wayne, IL

#2 Feb 22, 2008
Keep digging John, I want to see the permit for that job! Keep up the good work!
Lady T

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 22, 2008
Heh. Interesting question about a possible leak: didn't you say, John, that the new shower stall is on 6, right above the Mayor's office? Bet there'd be a right ruckus if anything dripped on *his* desk!
Larry

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 22, 2008
Ah, John, you make me proud to be a Chicagoan again.
Sean Chicago

AOL

#5 Feb 22, 2008
Shower gate is chicken feed compaired to the millions that have been stolen by Daley, his family and the rest of his patronage crew. Why hasn't he been locked up yet when so many of his top people have been in the joint.
oldman

United States

#6 Feb 22, 2008
Where are the eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back... You think video is better than eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs?
Len G

Bloomingdale, IL

#7 Feb 22, 2008
John: I know trying to balance the City's budget with the people who run the city is enough to make any decent person sweat all day long. However, I want to know if Union Contractors did the work. If so, how much did they have to put into someone's re-election campaign? Did anyone use a Silver Shovel to dig the hole for the shower floor? How old was the building inspector who approved the work before the shower was put into use?
dale wiars

Marcellus, NY

#9 Feb 23, 2008
John, I enjoy your column, even east of the big pond.
if you get Chicago partly cleaned, focus on Detroit, and its mayor and his political "family". needs heavy cleaning, maybe starting with federal degreasing?
chicago joe

Redwood Estates, CA

#10 Feb 24, 2008
under 5000 dollars thats a big lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawn care company releases statement related to... Jun '16 Chuck 1
News Mike Wallace, RIH: No Tears for Anti-Israel, An... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Hilton Head 2
News Mike Wallace to appear at I-44 Speedway (Jun '11) Jun '11 Ricky Bobby 4
News Jack Kevorkian Leaves Prison (Jun '07) May '11 Jim 8
News No surprises as Steelers beat Panthers, 27-3 (Dec '10) Jan '11 WWE CRASHCAR 2011 9
News Steelers pound out easy victory over Panthers (Dec '10) Dec '10 Hair 2
News Chrissy Wallace Expects to Return to GIR in '10 (Dec '09) Mar '10 charlotte guy 3
More from around the web