Readers spout off after getting dirt on ShowerGate

Full story: Chicago Tribune

T oday, readers get their writes on my quest for a steamy, hot, shower video at City Hall while searching for the secret shower in the office of City Budget Director Bennett "Soapy" Johnson III, which he is now ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Chris s

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

who pays for the water use? ha suckers you do...what if it leaks will this mans insurance pay to fix city hall? does the city wash his towels too? do he get to bring the bike indoors so his seat wont be stolen like mine, next to i go can i lock mine near his so mine stays safe too?
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

Keep digging John, I want to see the permit for that job! Keep up the good work!
Lady T

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

Heh. Interesting question about a possible leak: didn't you say, John, that the new shower stall is on 6, right above the Mayor's office? Bet there'd be a right ruckus if anything dripped on *his* desk!
Larry

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

Ah, John, you make me proud to be a Chicagoan again.
Sean Chicago

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

Shower gate is chicken feed compaired to the millions that have been stolen by Daley, his family and the rest of his patronage crew. Why hasn't he been locked up yet when so many of his top people have been in the joint.
oldman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

Where are the eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back... You think video is better than eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs?
Len G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

John: I know trying to balance the City's budget with the people who run the city is enough to make any decent person sweat all day long. However, I want to know if Union Contractors did the work. If so, how much did they have to put into someone's re-election campaign? Did anyone use a Silver Shovel to dig the hole for the shower floor? How old was the building inspector who approved the work before the shower was put into use?
dale wiars

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

John, I enjoy your column, even east of the big pond.
if you get Chicago partly cleaned, focus on Detroit, and its mayor and his political "family". needs heavy cleaning, maybe starting with federal degreasing?
chicago joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2008

under 5000 dollars thats a big lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mike Wallace Discussions

Search the Mike Wallace Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mike Wallace, RIH: No Tears for Anti-Israel, An... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Hilton Head 2
Mike Wallace to appear at I-44 Speedway (Jun '11) Jun '11 Ricky Bobby 4
Jack Kevorkian Leaves Prison (Jun '07) May '11 Jim 8
No surprises as Steelers beat Panthers, 27-3 (Dec '10) Jan '11 WWE CRASHCAR 2011 9
Steelers pound out easy victory over Panthers (Dec '10) Dec '10 Hair 2
Chrissy Wallace Expects to Return to GIR in '10 (Dec '09) Mar '10 charlotte guy 3
Rep. Kendrick Meek to sponsor NASCAR driver Mik... (Feb '10) Feb '10 FWsouthsider 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••