Skinner on preliminary Cup entry list in No. 00, apparently replacing McDowell

There are 9 comments on the Aug 12, 2008, www.scenedaily.com story titled Skinner on preliminary Cup entry list in No. 00, apparently replacing McDowell. In it, www.scenedaily.com reports that:

Mike Skinner is on the entry list for this weekend's 3M Performance 400 Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway, where he will apparently replace Michael McDowell in the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scenedaily.com.

Since: Aug 07

Sterling, IL

#1 Aug 12, 2008
Oh I see he's getting the points back in the top 35 for Mcdowell I was hoping he wasn't losing his ride.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Aug 12, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
Oh I see he's getting the points back in the top 35 for Mcdowell I was hoping he wasn't losing his ride.
He needs to get a sponsor for next year. I think he is in danger of losing it.How you doing girl?

Sterling, IL

#3 Aug 13, 2008
Im good! Oh I figured it was a top 35 thing yeah not good he had all that media for wrecking but nothing really became of it! Not the sponsorship he was hoping for anyways.

Location hidden

#4 Aug 14, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
Im good! Oh I figured it was a top 35 thing yeah not good he had all that media for wrecking but nothing really became of it! Not the sponsorship he was hoping for anyways.
Well we will see if the ole Mule Skinner can get the car in the show.
Junior Nation

United States

#5 Aug 14, 2008
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Well we will see if the ole Mule Skinner can get the car in the show.
I'm sure Skinner will be able to qualify the car as he is a great qualifier. There's only 44 cars this week so his changes are even better. McDowell seems to be a great kid but I think he is way over his head in that cup ride. It's hard to believe MWR put such a green racer in there. McDowell should have spent some time in the Nationwide series before moving up to cup.

Location hidden

#6 Aug 14, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure Skinner will be able to qualify the car as he is a great qualifier. There's only 44 cars this week so his changes are even better. McDowell seems to be a great kid but I think he is way over his head in that cup ride. It's hard to believe MWR put such a green racer in there. McDowell should have spent some time in the Nationwide series before moving up to cup.
He could still move him back to Nationwide series. I feel like you do he moved him to fast.....
Whoyakidding

Cary, NC

#7 Aug 14, 2008
Regardless of what anyone says, entering NASCAR at the top instead of working up to Cup through the lesser series just isn't the best way. I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to Legano with Gibbs. He's got all the driving talent he needs but learning to handle the psycological end of that kind of pressure can really take its toll on a kid that age.
Junior Nation

United States

#8 Aug 14, 2008
Absolutely... I think they should be required to drive in the Nationwide series for at least 1 full season before they are allowed to race in cup. But of course this is just my own personal opinion and my opinion means squat.

Sterling, IL

#9 Aug 14, 2008
I hear you on the Nationwide experience first that made me so mad when Chip moved Juan and Dario up like that. It's not fair to the driver to throw them in with the best of the best or the other competitors since they are risking their lives out there.

Whoya I'm worried about Logano too, why rush him up there, Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon did it the right way and it showed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Skinner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hornaday, Skinner take streaks to N.H. (Sep '09) Feb '12 LindaxxLove 2
News Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
News NASCAR Crew Member Suspended (Jul '10) Jul '10 Everyone All Over 5
mike skinners barbed wire bracelet (Jul '07) Jun '10 Steve 4
News Karlhaus Realty sells Mike Skinner's Spruce Cre... (May '10) May '10 Pilot Bob 2
News Live from the racetrack (Oct '09) Feb '10 booyaa 9
News Skinner takes pole for NASCAR truck race (Sep '09) Sep '09 MISSU3 1
More from around the web