Montoya could care less about being l...

Montoya could care less about being liked

There are 51 comments on the ScrippsNews story from Sep 1, 2007, titled Montoya could care less about being liked. In it, ScrippsNews reports that:

“Coming from a very different race car, he's had to learn the competitors, the tracks, the car, everything”

Juan Pablo Montoya has a lot of Dale Earnhardt in him. His aggressive driving style. via ScrippsNews

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ScrippsNews.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
baroque

Andover, MA

#52 Sep 5, 2007
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>So what about his win and 2nd finish at the Brickyard? What was that and by the way he's a rookie and he's doing a hell of alot better then some who've been there for years.
2nd = 1st loser.
remember senior always saying that?

woulda shoulda coulda.
remember ... ME always saying that?

mark martin 4 times runner up champ.
meaningless!
baroque

Andover, MA

#53 Sep 5, 2007
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>The important thing is you're watching him and giving him media attention right now. You think of him alot obviously by your comments. He's the most hated and watched Nascar driver either way.
i don't watch cup races!
and who cares about media attention! there you go again... first the banking, now the camera angles!

just stick with the racing, please.
Cooper

United States

#54 Sep 5, 2007
baroque wrote:
<quoted text>
2nd = 1st loser.
remember senior always saying that?
woulda shoulda coulda.
remember ... ME always saying that?
mark martin 4 times runner up champ.
meaningless!
2nd = 1st loser?

Whatever your game is, where do you stand in the scheme of life? give me a break...

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#55 Sep 5, 2007
baroque wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't watch cup races!
and who cares about media attention! there you go again... first the banking, now the camera angles!
just stick with the racing, please.
Why do you care what I say? Move on now :)

AOL

#56 Sep 5, 2007
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Good Point! Juan is a rookie and if you know about racing, you would know that Juan is basicaaly starting completely from scratch and learning amazingly fast! because a stock car and an F1 car although both racing machines have absolutely nothing in common at all, they both have an engine 4 wheels and a steering wheel! but aside from that they're nothing alike! Juan is NOT Scott Pruit, Christian fittipaldi, or AJ Almondinger! He is one of the worlds top drivers and people should appreciate the fact that he is willing to commit himself and his racing career to nascar!
Yea another person who sees JPMs talent. Thanks Dave.
Dale Jr Fan

Milwaukee, WI

#58 Sep 6, 2007
INDY4JPM wrote:
<quoted text>That would be your opinion I wouldn't take Dale Jr. stuff.
That is o.k. Jr's fans will take his stuff.

AOL

#60 Sep 6, 2007
baroque wrote:
<quoted text>
your fixation for jpm has clouded your eyes and brain. there are few people on the forum who have questioned his talent. what they are questioning is his attitude (i personally don't care) and his driving style and driving mistakes that cause the dreaded 'INCIDENCES!'.
again folks, i didn't 'coin the term' incidences for racing on-track mishaps... its just the term used constantly on tv and radio and in print.
Thanks for your input, lol, but you're right I'm in a Montoya induced cloud.
Louie Thompson

Roxboro, NC

#61 Sep 23, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>That's drivers that have been in wrecks, not to be confused with drivers that have caused wrecks. In Johnson and Destroya's case the number they caused greatly outnumber the one's they were actually in. Add Gordon to that list. He set off a pretty good one this weekend.
It's racing everyone wrecks. Everyone is on Montoya because he's under the microscope and are getting carried away because they say he wrecked more than any racer out there which is very untrue. Even legend Jeff Gordon wrecked more than Montoya in his rookie year. Here's an article that even has Jeff saying he wrecked more and that Juan is doing a good job which he is. enjoy.
http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/26356

“Chics rule”

Indianapolis

#62 Sep 23, 2007
Louie Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's racing everyone wrecks. Everyone is on Montoya because he's under the microscope and are getting carried away because they say he wrecked more than any racer out there which is very untrue. Even legend Jeff Gordon wrecked more than Montoya in his rookie year. Here's an article that even has Jeff saying he wrecked more and that Juan is doing a good job which he is. enjoy.
http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/26356
I know you're right it's because of his name and who he is. You know they say it's ok for "certain" ones to bump, b/s. I give them hell in the Nascar chat rooms and they usually back off, lol. I think I have to repost this one :) The article that is.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#63 Sep 23, 2007
I will say this about Montoya, when the 26 slide up and slammed him in the side this afternoon he made the best save I have seen in a long time. By all rights his car should have spun but he dirt tracked it sideways for a while and then straightend it up. Great save.

AOL

#64 Sep 23, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
I will say this about Montoya, when the 26 slide up and slammed him in the side this afternoon he made the best save I have seen in a long time. By all rights his car should have spun but he dirt tracked it sideways for a while and then straightend it up. Great save.
I just love Montoya he can drive that's his second good save this year. I wish everyone would let up a little bit on him. A friend of mine takes pictures at the tracks and said some of the other "big" names have done worse this year, but their names not Juan Pablo Montoya, their from America and they didn't come from open wheel. That made me feel better. Alot of those boys came from open wheel I find that comment about open wheelers coming amusing :) Thanks I'm used to seeing a mean response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Skinner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hornaday, Skinner take streaks to N.H. (Sep '09) Feb '12 LindaxxLove 2
News Ods Hosting Fund-Raiser for Gibbs (Jul '11) Jul '11 John 1
News NASCAR Crew Member Suspended (Jul '10) Jul '10 Everyone All Over 5
mike skinners barbed wire bracelet (Jul '07) Jun '10 Steve 4
News Karlhaus Realty sells Mike Skinner's Spruce Cre... (May '10) May '10 Pilot Bob 2
News Live from the racetrack (Oct '09) Feb '10 booyaa 9
News Skinner takes pole for NASCAR truck race (Sep '09) Sep '09 MISSU3 1
More from around the web