Dale Earnhardt Jr. blames Bristol rad...

Dale Earnhardt Jr. blames Bristol radio rant on frustration over speeding penalty

There are 7 comments on the CLTV - Chicago Land's TV story from Mar 23, 2010, titled Dale Earnhardt Jr. blames Bristol radio rant on frustration over speeding penalty. In it, CLTV - Chicago Land's TV reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. blamed his profanity-laced rant at Bristol Motor Speedway on frustration from a a speeding penalty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CLTV - Chicago Land's TV.

WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

#1 Mar 23, 2010
When is Jr going to grow up?
MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Mar 23, 2010
Not going to happen, Crashcar. My son noticed something in this weeks stats. JJ has won 3 races, Harvick is leading the points, but other than McMurray get the big pot at Daytona, Guess who has made the most money so far this year? Jr.!!! All his sponsors and sub sponsors gets him more money for finishing 15th than winning 3 times. That makes him Hendricks highest paid driver. Rick is getting a pretty good cut of that. Why take chances and get up on the wheel when you get that kind of money for losing. Jrs. never been hungry a day in his life. The only thing that drove him was making his dad proud of him. He's not going to get any better.

Since: Jul 09

San Leandro, CA

#3 Mar 23, 2010
The new Nascar .. ya gotta love it!
Jr. and Michael have absolutely dominated in the past few years .. in making commercials!
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

#4 Mar 23, 2010
JimmyFlathead wrote:
The new Nascar .. ya gotta love it!
Jr. and Michael have absolutely dominated in the past few years .. in making commercials!
Mikey is Jr's mentor. Jr drives like Waltrip, I just hope Jr never stoops to Mikey's level, he's turned into a real boob.
MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Mar 23, 2010
Why is Michael a boob? He's got a successful race team, he's a great spokesman for every one of his sponsors and he's out there making a good living for his family. And every time I've meant him, he's been about the fans..very friendly and thanking every one of them for coming. Where does BOOB come in? Seems as far as where they finish in a race, Jr. is at just about the same level right now as Michael.
Junior Nation

Bethesda, MD

#6 Mar 24, 2010
MISSU3 wrote:
Not going to happen, Crashcar. My son noticed something in this weeks stats. JJ has won 3 races, Harvick is leading the points, but other than McMurray get the big pot at Daytona, Guess who has made the most money so far this year? Jr.!!! All his sponsors and sub sponsors gets him more money for finishing 15th than winning 3 times. That makes him Hendricks highest paid driver. Rick is getting a pretty good cut of that. Why take chances and get up on the wheel when you get that kind of money for losing. Jrs. never been hungry a day in his life. The only thing that drove him was making his dad proud of him. He's not going to get any better.
Hum.. could that be because Jr was 2nd at Daytona, you know the highest payout of all races? 2nd place payout was $1,135,830.. which means over the next 4 races Jr's payouts were only $389,650...

Now you see if JJ had won the Great American Race and gave up say Bristol... he would be smacking the field with not only in wins but also winnings.
Richard Petersen

La Jolla, CA

#7 Mar 24, 2010
This arguing over the radio is NOT good. They may think that its a good thing, but this is only going to make it worst. I for one can not wait till Dale Jr. leaves HMS. getting paid for finishing 15th just ain't going to cut it for me. Hendrick is just totally in it for the money, Jimmie Johnson is winning all these races, but he is poised to make Dale Jr better so that once Dale Jr. starts winning, that means more money for himself. What kind of team owner is that? I have never liked Hendrick Motorsports and once Dale Jr. moved over to that lousy team, I was very upset and I knew something like this would show up sooner of later. Actually, I knew that all of this was going to happen. Fans would start hating him, he wouldn't be winning (which is what he wanted once he went to the team), and He would be frustrated than ever. Folks, we can't rely on one race to make everything better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike MacKenzie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR Cup: Dale Earnhardt Jr. joins Clash broa... Feb 8 JoinsPharts 2
News Ganta s 1991 Cutlass to be featured at NASCAR H... Jan '17 Grogan 1
News Johnson champion again and on pole for NASCAR s... Jan '17 WWE CRASHCAR 2017 7
News Strap in: NASCAR's Chase usually produces tempe... Sep '16 MrTinkertrain24 4
News A glance at the 16 drivers competing in NASCAR'... Sep '16 MrTinkertrain24 5
News Earnhardt to miss rest of NASCAR season with co... Sep '16 Anjle Dube 5
News Kenseth holds off Larson for thrilling victory ... (May '16) Jun '16 Larsucks 2
More from around the web