Same As He Ever Was: Why Jeff Gordon ...

Same As He Ever Was: Why Jeff Gordon Is Still the Best in NASCAR

There are 16 comments on the bleacherreport.com story from Oct 1, 2009, titled Same As He Ever Was: Why Jeff Gordon Is Still the Best in NASCAR. In it, bleacherreport.com reports that:

It was a picturesque scene in the makeshift victory lane for Jeff Gordon on a Sunday afternoon at the Atlanta Motor Speedway on Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at bleacherreport.com.

MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Oct 1, 2009
STILL the best? Guess I would have to have considered him the best at some other time to STILL consider him the best. He came along at a time when he didn't have much competition his own age. Not like today where there are so many young guns right around the same age. If you're the only kid in the pool, you can look like Michael Phelps.
WWE NASCAR

Sandy Hook, CT

#2 Oct 1, 2009
MISSU3 wrote:
STILL the best? Guess I would have to have considered him the best at some other time to STILL consider him the best. He came along at a time when he didn't have much competition his own age. Not like today where there are so many young guns right around the same age. If you're the only kid in the pool, you can look like Michael Phelps.
When Jeff first came to NASCAR he schooled old Dale; Dale new Jeff was a superior driver.
acrimonious

Schaumburg, IL

#4 Oct 1, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jeff first came to NASCAR he got schooled by old Dale; Dale knew Jeff had superior equipment.
fixed it for you

“Jeffery Michael Gordon”

Since: Oct 09

Charlotte, NC

#5 Oct 6, 2009
Jeff has had championships with two different crew chiefs. He's the one with the impressive record compared to all current drivers.

“'2010'season ”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, Arizona

#6 Oct 6, 2009
Quasar Catastrophe wrote:
Jeff has had championships with two different crew chiefs. He's the one with the impressive record compared to all current drivers.
I'm not saying you're wrong but Tony Stewart just might be on this list real soon.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Oct 6, 2009
The New Twenty wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying you're wrong but Tony Stewart just might be on this list real soon.
I'm saying you're wrong. Screw Tony he wont win the championship this year. Aint got the patience. He wants to prove to the sponsors that he can be a champ again in his 1st year as a owner. It'll take patience to get that done and right now he doesn't have it. Besides Jeff Gordon is still the best in NASCAR and he's due for one.

Mooresville, NC

#8 Oct 6, 2009
The New Twenty wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying you're wrong but Tony Stewart just might be on this list real soon.
Wrong he can't beat Jimmie.
just somebody

United States

#9 Oct 6, 2009
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying you're wrong. Screw Tony he wont win the championship this year. Aint got the patience. He wants to prove to the sponsors that he can be a champ again in his 1st year as a owner. It'll take patience to get that done and right now he doesn't have it. Besides Jeff Gordon is still the best in NASCAR and he's due for one.
I agree 100 percent on everything you say. Go Jeff!!
JTC

AOL

#10 Oct 6, 2009
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying you're wrong. Screw Tony he wont win the championship this year. Aint got the patience. He wants to prove to the sponsors that he can be a champ again in his 1st year as a owner. It'll take patience to get that done and right now he doesn't have it. Besides Jeff Gordon is still the best in NASCAR and he's due for one.
Tony has always been a wildcard from the very begining of his nascar carreer. He will give 100 percent to win the championship this year. He has a good chance of doing it. Youre biased in your opions try keeping and open head. Dont just blowhard.
JTC

AOL

#11 Oct 6, 2009
Jimmies No 1 fan wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong he can't beat Jimmie.
he can
JTC

AOL

#12 Oct 6, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jeff first came to NASCAR he schooled old Dale; Dale new Jeff was a superior driver.
He knew Gordon was good not superior. Other ways Gordon would be a 7 time champ nw! blow much?

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#13 Oct 7, 2009
Under the old point system Jeff would be very close to tying the King and Sr. but that falls into the woulda, coulda, shoulda catagory. It's not relevant because the reality is the chase does exist. I believe that if Jeff had a crew chief more of the style of Ray Evernham that he would have already won a championship under the current point system. Steve Letartes learning curve has taken much too long and Jeff is the type driver that performs best when he has a crew chief that coachs him during the rest. Steve can't do it, he needs a coach himself. Think about it, the drivers that have been the big winners in recent years are the ones with the stand out crew chiefs.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14 Oct 7, 2009
JTC wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony has always been a wildcard from the very begining of his nascar carreer. He will give 100 percent to win the championship this year. He has a good chance of doing it. Youre biased in your opions try keeping and open head. Dont just blowhard.
Tony has been a crybaby since his NASCAR career began too. I agree with you he will give 110% to win the championship this year, but right now he doesn't have the patience. He will not pull it off. And if you are gonna "blowhard" learn to spell and use good grammar so I can understand what what you're blowing about.

Mooresville, NC

#15 Oct 8, 2009
JTC wrote:
<quoted text>
he can
No he wont. Jimmie is winning the chase.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#16 Oct 8, 2009
Jimmies No 1 fan wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong he can't beat Jimmie.
You're right a bout that. You'd have to break up that 48 team. And I swear I cant imagine how you could steal their magic. I read this bit from an old 2006 article earlier today:
"In 2004, Johnson was 247 points out of first with six races remaining. He eventually lost the championship to Kurt Busch by just eight points."
Nuff said.

Mooresville, NC

#17 Oct 22, 2009
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right a bout that. You'd have to break up that 48 team. And I swear I cant imagine how you could steal their magic. I read this bit from an old 2006 article earlier today:
"In 2004, Johnson was 247 points out of first with six races remaining. He eventually lost the championship to Kurt Busch by just eight points."
Nuff said.
=P .In the bag.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike MacKenzie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can NASCAR's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Moto... Jul 26 WatchPharts 20
News NASCAR scanner sounds at Indy: Clint Bowyer cus... Jul 26 Besidex phartes 2
News Busch's historic Indy chase includes hope for 5... Jul 22 LastPhart 3
News NASCAR Cup: Jeff Gordon to drive Brickyard 400 ... Jul '17 I phart 14
News NBCSN Celebrates Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Final Rac... Jun '17 CelebratPhartzz 2
News NASCAR suspends team members for Kyle Busch, Ch... Jun '17 YeahPhart 10
News Stenhouse wins first NASCAR Cup race with last-... May '17 Wins phart 2
More from around the web