NASCAR driver takes fan's ashes for u...

NASCAR driver takes fan's ashes for ultimate ride

There are 1 comment on the KEPR 19 story from Mar 5, 2008, titled NASCAR driver takes fan's ashes for ultimate ride. In it, KEPR 19 reports that:

"Big George" Helms had to wait 'til death to get the ride of his life. Helms loved NASCAR racing, but at 6-feet-5 inches and 400 pounds, he couldn't fit into a race car.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KEPR 19.

Susie Huson

Medford, OR

#1 Mar 15, 2008
I am a BIG Nascar fan myself I have never been able to go to a race before but, maybe someday if I am lucky. I was a friend of Big George as I am with Mara and Bob who took Big George to his final race. I Loved George as I do Mara and Bob and I think what they did is just a wonderful thing for such a special man. When watching a race at the local watering hole George and I had a running joke because he is so tall and I am very short I used yell "Down in front Gorge" and we laughed about that every time. Mara and Bob you will be Blessed for your heartfelt gift you gave Big George and I love you very much as I did George.
Love,
Susie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Harmon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deputies: 7 stolen vehicles seized from NASCAR ... (May '13) May '13 Community Disorga... 2
News Stolen trailer sparks NASCAR feud (May '13) May '13 lol 1
News NASCAR driver arrested for stealing another dri... (May '13) May '13 dick 1
News Jennifer Jo Cobb looks to run a full NASCAR Tru... (Jan '10) Sep '10 Rabman 5
News Woman Faces Felony Charges In Fatal Hit and Run... (Dec '09) Dec '09 HUH 4
News YOUTH SPORTS: Area swimmers to face elite compe... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Chris Harmon 2
News Driver arrested in buggy fatality (Nov '08) Nov '08 Whoyakidding 2
More from around the web