It's show-me-don't-tell-me time for Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Jan 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ESPN

Unfailingly for me, January begets the same jittery anticipation every year. I love NASCAR racing, and the imminent prospect of race cars on the track after two months of silence fires me up.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12

Since: Nov 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

I'm getting tired of hearing how the sport "needs" Jr to win - it's a crock. If Jr were to quit today, the real race fans would still be here tomorrow. The sport would lose a lot of followers, true, but they wouldn't be the kind that anyone would really miss, except for the souvenir sellers, I suppose...
annie

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
I'm getting tired of hearing how the sport "needs" Jr to win - it's a crock. If Jr were to quit today, the real race fans would still be here tomorrow. The sport would lose a lot of followers, true, but they wouldn't be the kind that anyone would really miss, except for the souvenir sellers, I suppose...
I suppose you are wrong NASCAR would not survive without Dale Jr.
bama

Luverne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2011

Judged:

I thought that was last year..
redrum

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

Judged:

annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nascar was doing just fine with out little E and it will do just fine now, Jr doesn't do anything for the sport except for the people that like to see wrecks and wall bumpers as he is well known for. NASCAR will survive with out a doubt, with out him.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

Judged:

annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and Bud would never sponsor a driver other than Dale Jr. right? Seems to me that you Jr fans were wrong about that too, huh? Bud not only sponsored other drivers after they dumped Jr, but they continue to be a major distributor in the beer market, imagine that, success without the unsuccessful Jr representing you. However could they manage that?

There was also the dire prediction that DEI would not survive without Dale Jr, but that hasn't happened either, has it? They have merged to form Earnhardt Ganassi Racing, but their drivers finished 14th and 17th while the all-wonderful Dale Jr finished a grand 21st in the 2010 points race. So, apparently Teresa can also survive without Dale Jr.

NASCAR was here long before Dale Jr ever sat in a drivers seat, and it will be here after Dale Jr is gone, too. NASCAR can survive without Dale Jr and they would probably be surprised by how the real fans that support real drivers would flock back to the sport after NASCAR stops hyping the fantasy image of Dale Jr who will never measure up to the legend they want us to believe that he is.

Dale Jr should stick to voice-overs in Disney movies and making lame commercials with his sister.
Wang

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

Judged:

New season, same ord stoly, same lesurt. Dare Jl finish 25th ol rowel, Juniol Nation plomise bettel times to come, Juniol Nation refinance tlairols buy cheap trinkets,

Sad, so sad.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Letart on Sirius this morning said he don't know of any team that cares about the points system one way or another... just give'em the game plan, they know the rules and junk and they just go racing. Seems like the fans that hate it the most are biased because why??

EXACTLY. The results are not favorable because their driver ain't winning. The teams know - they're either getting the job done or they're off their game or just need to step it up. 48 team set the bar way up there, and it took awhile but a few guys will bring competition and 48 team will find a few mistakes is all it takes to lose that consistency AND the win.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

A$$CAR...the product sucks, plain and simple.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>NASCAR can survive without Dale Jr and they would probably be surprised by how the real fans that support real drivers would flock back to the sport after NASCAR stops hyping the fantasy image of Dale Jr who will never measure up to the legend they want us to believe that he is.
Dale Jr should stick to voice-overs in Disney movies and making lame commercials with his sister.
lol what a complete S hole u can be. Not hatin on you for being a prick, but for being full of sh1t.'real fans who support real drivers' would never have left no matter what hype Jr gets.

Your logic is complete fail... seriously, if you wanna try to be a pr1ck, do it with some integrity, FFS you give us real pr1cks a bad rep with that BS you keep tryin'. lol

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

NASCAR just needs to stage another jr in the No. 3 Wrangler car win, only this this in the cup series. Just think of the t-shirt and diecast sales!!!! All hail jr!!!!
Barnabus

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

3TOES wrote:
NASCAR just needs to stage another jr in the No. 3 Wrangler car win, only this this in the cup series. Just think of the t-shirt and diecast sales!!!! All hail jr!!!!
Can I avoid the lines at the hauler like last year, and buy the T-shirt commemorating Dale Jr's win the day before the green flag waves to start the race the T-shirt commemorates he won? But, we aren't supposed to draw any conclusions about the race being fixed.

“YA dont know ..........do ya??”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Judged:

alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
lol what a complete S hole u can be. Not hatin on you for being a prick, but for being full of sh1t.'real fans who support real drivers' would never have left no matter what hype Jr gets.
Your logic is complete fail... seriously, if you wanna try to be a pr1ck, do it with some integrity, FFS you give us real pr1cks a bad rep with that BS you keep tryin'. lol
Very well put!!! All that from an Ivy League grad who thinks Kyle Busch can sweep all three series. Id say Mama and Daddy wasted a lot of money on education for this wannabe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mike Garvey Discussions

Search the Mike Garvey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Edwards on crutches with broken foot but plans ... (Sep '09) Apr '13 hello 6
NASCAR puts list of banned substances in rules (Jan '10) Jul '12 James postick 5
Tandem drafting not what it's cracked up to be (Apr '11) Apr '12 Ezra D 5
NASCAR: Robert Pressley anxious for Kingsport S... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Tim Abernathy 1
NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
Devin Jones Starting To Shine In Late Models (Jul '09) Jan '12 Rick 2
Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart: Who Has a Shot at ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Two4Fan 15
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••