Hamlin takes over points lead with Texas win

Nov 7, 2010 Full story: Myrtle Beach Online 14

Denny Hamlin took over the points lead from Jimmie Johnson in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship after winning Sunday's AAA Texas 500 in a wild day of racing at Texas Motor Speedway.

Full Story
08malibu

Olive Branch, MS

#1 Nov 8, 2010
Congratulations Denny, awesome finish yesterday. Go get that championship title.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#2 Nov 8, 2010
08malibu wrote:
Congratulations Denny, awesome finish yesterday. Go get that championship title.
Seems one thing is certain: Chad raised the bar of 'excellence' to a level even the 48 team has trouble keeping up with. And now that some teams realize they have to perform at that level of perfection, they're bringing not only their 'A' game but a level of focus that has zero room for nonsense.

Now, in order to get the cup, you can't just go out there and run with the guys, have fun, play headgames, intimidate, etc all in the name of good racing; it's a full-time job keeping your composure, staying clean, staying focused on the big prize... which takes more discipline than most drivers have.

Take a look at Burton/Gordon. There's no room for that kinda stuff, not even if you have the best of intentions. A driver has GOT to disregard EVERYTHING outside of doing ONLY what he's supposed to be doing: Maintaining a vehicle capable of getting max laps in the shortest duration. Competitor relations shouldn't even play a part if you do your job right.

Mutual respect is their only obligation on the track. Please, I'm sorry, thank you... and now, even 'You're right' is strictly extracurricular by comparison. In fact, anyone can talk the talk, but respect is more effectively earned when you walk the walk. SHOW them by example, period.
Hilton Head

United States

#3 Nov 8, 2010
Go get em Denny, I love it!

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#4 Nov 8, 2010
Denny is focused, his team focused and the great resources from JGR will help the 11 team reach a championship. Way to go Denny !!!
Flathead

San Diego, CA

#5 Nov 8, 2010
C'mon Jimmy! Get that fifth Cup.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#6 Nov 9, 2010
Denny and his crew chief are talking smack that might come back to haunt them should fate not fall their way in these last two races. A bobble by one their crewmen or a simple flat tire could put Johnson right back where he was, leading the points. They're trying to sell Chad on the idea that they have it in the bag and there is no need to try so hard but Chad isn't going to buy it. Denny better bring not just his A game but his A PLUS game for both these last races or Jimmie and Chad will have them for lunch.
Hilton Head

United States

#7 Nov 9, 2010
Who's crew are they going to use this week for the 48, Junior's? Laughable!!!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#8 Nov 9, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
Denny and his crew chief are talking smack that might come back to haunt them should fate not fall their way in these last two races. A bobble by one their crewmen or a simple flat tire could put Johnson right back where he was, leading the points. They're trying to sell Chad on the idea that they have it in the bag and there is no need to try so hard but Chad isn't going to buy it. Denny better bring not just his A game but his A PLUS game for both these last races or Jimmie and Chad will have them for lunch.
I Doubt That. The 11 Team has been Stronger than JJ a lot This Year.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#9 Nov 10, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I Doubt That. The 11 Team has been Stronger than JJ a lot This Year.
Both teams are pretty close to equal and I think all that left is not making mistakes and the 11 can win this. On the other hand, 1 mistake can take him out just as quick. Those guys just have to run their race hard and not beat themself. The winner could possibly be the one team that avoids trouble.

However, if they all run solid, it'll be a heck of a race, and we'll see who brought the best A game!,':o)

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#10 Nov 10, 2010
True, Looking forward to Homestead
JJ2FST488

Stephens City, VA

#11 Nov 11, 2010
Enjoy it while you can, Denny. Jimmie is going to dominate at Phoenix and take the points lead back. It's going to be who can finish ahead of the other at Homestead.
Kyle fan

Columbus, OH

#12 Nov 12, 2010
I truly believe Denny Hamlin will be the champion. You can tell Chad & JJ are worried. JJ will become aggressive & he will make mistakes plus he can NOT drive in traffic. I hope someone takes him out. My family will cheer at that.

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#13 Nov 12, 2010
This very moment it is Denny's to lose. Sunday night will tell a better tale of who will win. As much as I would like Denny to Win, Harvick has it in him to pull off the upset. If Denny can't do it, I hope Kevin Can. Just keep Hornish Jr. close to Jimmy and something is bound to go wrong. lol.. hahahaha
hfv688

Welland, Canada

#14 Nov 12, 2010
This year is not about Denny or Jimmy Nascar needs Toyotas money,they will get the championship it cant go any other way.You can bet the farm on this one folks it will be a sad day in America....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Garvey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sporting Newsa 60 Most Beautiful People: No. 26... (Feb '09) Nov 27 Crystal from Surry 8
Brienne Davis -- Most current Information (Apr '08) Apr '14 bisdead 18
Edwards on crutches with broken foot but plans ... (Sep '09) Apr '13 hello 6
NASCAR puts list of banned substances in rules (Jan '10) Jul '12 James postick 5
Tandem drafting not what it's cracked up to be (Apr '11) Apr '12 Ezra D 5
NASCAR: Robert Pressley anxious for Kingsport S... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Tim Abernathy 1
NASCAR Star Kyle Busch And Dawsonville's Chase ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rabman 2
More from around the web