New Circuit of the Americas in Austin TX

New Circuit of the Americas in Austin TX

Posted in the Michael Waltrip Forum

wallbanger

Xenia, OH

#1 Mar 3, 2013
I have a feeling the best racing of this week-end, if not at your local-track, happened yesterday, at the new road course called Circuit of the Ameicas, down in Austin TX. This is a new 2.4 mile course of right and left hander's, which hosted the F-1, last fall.

The Rolex Series ran and was carried on Speed. The track has some pretty wide turns and we saw competitive racing in both DP and GT classes, with some pretty strict officiating. Anything which looked like an intentional-bump saw a 60 sec. pit-penalty.

I hope you had a chance to watch the race! Hope we can get JAPCAR-Cup off one of those boring 1.5 mile tracks and onto this track, in the near future.

Wait-for-it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Waltrip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HOW THE DODGE BOYS CHEATED; Mid 90s NHRA (Jun '08) Apr '17 Mikehvac 28
POS ends his meager-career at Daytona 2017! (Jan '17) Mar '17 flying1bob 5
Poll Is Michael Waltrip as gay as he talks ? (Aug '08) Feb '17 StrikeEagle15E 13
Cal "I bankrupted my race-team" Wells is.......... (Jul '11) Dec '16 CiCi Siverts aka ... 7
No POS at Dega in fall of 2016 (Oct '16) Oct '16 ol wall 1
No POS at Daytona? (Jun '16) Jun '16 ol wall 1
POS running Dega? (Apr '16) May '16 ol wall 3
More from around the web