"Pop-Pop" hires former POS Racing tec...

"Pop-Pop" hires former POS Racing tech guru!

Posted in the Michael Waltrip Forum

ol wall

Xenia, OH

#1 Nov 10, 2013
"RCR Announces hiring of Mike Coughlan as Technical Director: Richard Childress Racing has hired Mike Coughlan as the team's new Technical Director, effective immediately. Coughlan, a native of Surrey, England, brings to RCR more than two decades of motorsports experience, with a heavy concentration and success in Formula 1. During his 15 years in F1, Coughlan was a chief designer with teams such as Arrows, Benetton, Ferrari, McLaren and Williams; earning more than 20 victories. He has also served as a chief engineer and technical director with several teams. Coughlan also has prior NASCAR experience, having worked with Michael Waltrip Racing in late 2010 and early 2011 before returning to his F1 roots. The addition of Coughlan greatly adds depth to the RCR competition organization. That area will now be managed with two major approaches and perspectives: race operations and engineering. Mark McArdle, who joined RCR full-time in August 2013, will continue in his role as Director of Race Operations, with Coughlan now serving as Technical Director. Both will report to Dr. Eric Warren, RCR's Director of Competition. Their combined depth of experience and established leadership with championship winning teams, in multiple forms of racing, provides even more strength to RCR's culture of rapid performance development and efficient execution at the track.(RCR)(11-9-2013)"

Mike Coughlan, that F-1 guy, who was over at the former cinema-complex/bowling alley, in Cornelius, is back for another stint in JAPCAR. This time, he is over keeping "Pop-Pop's" rides better engineered!

Notice another familiar name in the article? How about Dr. Eric Warren? He was also a short-time fixture over at POS-Racing/Motormouth Motorsports, back in the early days.

Wow, "Pop-Pop" will have all of those "trade-secrets" from "Lie" Norris, POS and Coughy.

Also been reading that another of POS's crew chiefs is shopping his talents around the "garage", lately.

What the Hell is going on over there? Next thing you know, POS will probably need to bring back.....Cal "I bankrupted my race-team" Wells, to get things straightened-out!

LMFAO!

As Bozo always says......"Wait-For-It "!

10-4?
chrisco

North Richland Hills, TX

#2 Nov 16, 2013
I hope pop-pop gets him to sign a "loyalty" clause. Bowyer saw the writing on the wall and Harvick called it. Childress is only interested in keeping his spawn gainfully employed. Those kids earned everything they have - kiss a fat man's azz. Rats off a sinking ship.

We saw the great F-1 experiment fail. Hire one competition director from Childress and all of a sudden everyone forget the stupid sh*t you do (until you find a way to do something even more moronic).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Waltrip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HOW THE DODGE BOYS CHEATED; Mid 90s NHRA (Jun '08) Jul '16 boring pro-stock 21
No POS at Daytona? Jun '16 ol wall 1
POS running Dega? May '16 ol wall 3
What-the-Hell was that at Daytona today? (Feb '16) Mar '16 flying1b 4
POS makes more JAP-scrap (Feb '16) Feb '16 WaltripFreakShow 6
Is POS running in the 2016 Dayton 500? (Jan '16) Feb '16 ol wall 2
One, last, big-pile of....JAP-Scrap (Nov '15) Jan '16 ol wall 3
More from around the web