MW finishes 2nd at NH

Posted in the Michael Waltrip Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of66
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 07

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I agree. He easily could have won yesterday!! Nice to finally see the positive comments holding the majority on this thread. Michael is a very skilled driver when he has a good car to run with. He is so amazing at Daytona that we will have another positive thread to start after next weekend!
nasfan55

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

All American Race Fan wrote:
<quoted text>He'll be gone from the sport soon.He'll be with petty in the booth.
NOT!
Dillinger

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

lives here too wrote:
I agree. He easily could have won yesterday!! Nice to finally see the positive comments holding the majority on this thread. Michael is a very skilled driver when he has a good car to run with. He is so amazing at Daytona that we will have another positive thread to start after next weekend!
You have somebody here who has NEVER seen Michael drive like hell, and yet, I believe in him so much, that I have stuck with him now for the short length of time I have been into Nascar.

I am so optimistic! It is terrific!!
Dillinger

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nasfan55 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT!
He, he, you got that right, friend!!

“Send in" The Clowns"”

Since: May 08

Sparks, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Renee29404 wrote:
I am still waiting for proof of this "laying off employees" because according the actual people involved, that hasn't happened.
oh i didn't realize that wasn't true. I thought someone had posted an article somewhere. Sorry Mikey. My mistake :-)
Dillinger

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

A Waltrip Expert wrote:
<quoted text>oh i didn't realize that wasn't true. I thought someone had posted an article somewhere. Sorry Mikey. My mistake :-)
Oh, thank goodness, a normal person. I got lost on the other threads and was talking about Just Park Me. Oh, man, my head, what is my life coming to?
WaltripFreakShow

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Will ya'll slow down on the Kool Aid !! Its going to take me a week to get caught up....

On the opposite end of the fortune meter was Kurt Busch, winning the race in a car that had no business posting a top-10 finish. Joining him in the bizarre top three were Michael Waltrip in second and J.J. Yeley in third.

Waltrip and Yeley were not apologizing for their place on the box score either.

"I'm not here because of the thunder you hear outside," Waltrip said. "Had the green come out at the end, I was faster than Kurt and I knew we had a chance to beat him. I had a vision this could happen."

A vision? Waltrip should open a palm-reading shop and register himself as a psychic. He hadn't finished better than 23rd all season.

Funny coming from Blount--who used to be so pro-POS it was sickening

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/colu...
WaltripFreakShow

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Waltrip also made reference to his organization being a "sinking ship." He said it had been a sinking ship for "a year or so." He clarified his statement somewhat, by saying his team is met with challenges

"We haven't performed like we hoped we would," Waltrip said. "We need to keep pace and get a foothold inside this garage area so in '09 and beyond MWR can become more of a force to be reckoned with."

Waltrip appeared to confirm the rumors that MWR is in trouble, talk of which had been floating in the garage area for weeks.

Some within his organization may wince at their team owner's frank comments, but I find Waltrip's honesty, however unsettling to some, to have an air of realism that is missing in many of the conversations in the Cup garage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AvW....

Since: Apr 07

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

A Waltrip Expert wrote:
<quoted text>oh i didn't realize that wasn't true. I thought someone had posted an article somewhere. Sorry Mikey. My mistake :-)
Oh yeah, it was posted on a blog site. The author said a "source" told him they were laying people off. Michael, Ty, AND Cal all said that if someone said that, it was someone who recently was fired for not doing their job. LOL
nasfan55

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
He, he, you got that right, friend!!
GooooooooooooMikey!!!!!!!!!! It's alright if Matt goes a little too!
Dillinger

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nasfan55 wrote:
<quoted text>
GooooooooooooMikey!!!!!!!!!! It's alright if Matt goes a little too!
Since we have some new folks posting today, I have been saying some weird sh....!!

Gotta get focused, baby, focused!!! Ha!!

Is it me, or does Michael look taller???

Reuti needs to sleep! After the Nationwide race, I noticed his bags under his eyes!!

I must find a photo of him holding Emelia. The cameras lately have not been able to stay off of him during the opening ceremonies and they have been showing him with her. It is almost as if he is soaking up every moment with his child because he knows something could happen and it could be his....

I can't even go there. Especially, after the crash with the #00 he took 2 years ago. I can still see him. I can remember exactly what I was doing when that happened. I remember coming to this board after we saw him ok, and Terry and Renee leaving me messages that he was ok and not to worry.

Man, no one really knew me well and yet they knew how upset I would be if something happened to Reuti. I am still amazed at how kind everyone was to me knowing how I would feel. What a wonderful group over here, you know???

“2008 Nextel Cup Champ”

Since: Jun 08

La Plata, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Keep it up Mike!
Maybe you'll have sponsers next year if you do!
Dillinger

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rowdy Busch18 wrote:
Keep it up Mike!
Maybe you'll have sponsers next year if you do!
I love it when Kyle wins! I noticed that every time he does, I shake my head and grin, like Joe Gibbs did that one time, and my smile is so big!! I even got a one of those things that we wear around our necks at the races, creditial holders, anyway, I have the M&M's one and it is so damn good looking! Makes my scrubs light up!

He is going to be a fine little champion. I love listening to people tell stories about him doing new things. I especially like the surfing story. He got up once and he did it!!

I would have fallen `18 times, and then when I finally got up and balanced, I would then see a big fin and fall in!!
Dillinger

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Rowdy Busch18 wrote:
Keep it up Mike!
Maybe you'll have sponsers next year if you do!
Oh, I forgot...Mike has a bunch of new sponsors. I just cannot see Reuti in an Office Depot uniform.

I can tell you don't like Mike, and that's cool. I don't know much about him except for what I hear him say and what drivers say about him, as well as fans. I must admit, Michael has not had a chance to "wow" me yet with his driving. That is because the freaking car never works. I guess you already knew that!!!

Since: Feb 08

Amherst, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I followed the whole race via race view and watching the speeds and listening to the audio, Mikey was very happy with his car all day. He was never slow, but was nearly the victim of bad track position at the start. Once he cleared that hurdle, he had a car that could pretty much run with anyone and I was really disappointed to hear some members of the media belittle his efforts yesterday. I guess that if Jeff Gordon wins a fuel mileage, rain-shortened race, it's good strategy, but if the 55 does it, it's only luck because everyone knows that only the handful of annointed ones are allowed to have a mileage strategy.

Way to go Mikey!

Since: Nov 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Hey MWR Friends, Yesterday cheered me up. Mike used good stragedy, smart driving, and he had a dang good car.I'm praying this is a sign of a great turnaround for Mike. I had to tape the race because of a wedding shower(guess who's) but I watched it later. It was a kind of therapy for me.(no wise cracks anyone). Dill, I hope you are doing okay.
I again want to say thanks to everyone for your prayers and e-mail messages.
It meant so much to me.
I would like to think my mom was rooting for Mike too. She always got tickled at my excitement when he did really well in a race. Maybe next week she give him a little extra push and he'll be the first one over the finish line.
I also agree with Rogue. I noticed also that the interviews ater the race included everyone but him. I guess I would make a lousy reporter because I would want to get a few comments from him. Like Rogue said.... Way to Go Mike!
okie-arkie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

This was quiet an uplifting race for the MWR team. Bobby Kennedy did and outstanding job and his decisions were right on. I know that garage was one happy place this morning. GOOOOO MWR. And David is second in nationwide points. this is too good.
nasfan55

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jul 1, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lynnswboro wrote:
Hey MWR Friends, Yesterday cheered me up. Mike used good stragedy, smart driving, and he had a dang good car.I'm praying this is a sign of a great turnaround for Mike. I had to tape the race because of a wedding shower(guess who's) but I watched it later. It was a kind of therapy for me.(no wise cracks anyone). Dill, I hope you are doing okay.
I again want to say thanks to everyone for your prayers and e-mail messages.
It meant so much to me.
I would like to think my mom was rooting for Mike too. She always got tickled at my excitement when he did really well in a race. Maybe next week she give him a little extra push and he'll be the first one over the finish line.
I also agree with Rogue. I noticed also that the interviews ater the race included everyone but him. I guess I would make a lousy reporter because I would want to get a few comments from him. Like Rogue said.... Way to Go Mike!
Good to hear from you Lynn, Sunday cheered me up too, Mike needed that finish so bad and so did all of us. I know your mom was working as an advocate for him and I'll bet she is glad too. See ya later.
nasfan55

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jul 1, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I forgot...Mike has a bunch of new sponsors. I just cannot see Reuti in an Office Depot uniform.
I can tell you don't like Mike, and that's cool. I don't know much about him except for what I hear him say and what drivers say about him, as well as fans. I must admit, Michael has not had a chance to "wow" me yet with his driving. That is because the freaking car never works. I guess you already knew that!!!
Dill I have seen Michael drive like a cat on fire. In Atlanta I think in 1999 the year Bobby Labonte won the cup, Mikey was driving the 7 car, he drove like a man posessed by a flying angel. He led a bunch of laps that day and was winning the race,but he did hit the wall I don't remember why, he was just driving sooo hard. Another time he was winning a race late in the race, I don't remember where, mabe Michigan, but Mikey had been leading, very late in the race Bush passed him, Michael drove a splendid race but at the last few laps he cut a tire and had to back off. He took second that day behind Bush. I could tell you something bizzare about that Atlanta race but not on the internet. Have a good day!

“2008 Nextel Cup Champ”

Since: Jun 08

La Plata, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jul 1, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

nasfan55 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dill I have seen Michael drive like a cat on fire. In Atlanta I think in 1999 the year Bobby Labonte won the cup, Mikey was driving the 7 car, he drove like a man posessed by a flying angel. He led a bunch of laps that day and was winning the race,but he did hit the wall I don't remember why, he was just driving sooo hard. Another time he was winning a race late in the race, I don't remember where, mabe Michigan, but Mikey had been leading, very late in the race Bush passed him, Michael drove a splendid race but at the last few laps he cut a tire and had to back off. He took second that day behind Bush. I could tell you something bizzare about that Atlanta race but not on the internet. Have a good day!
That was 9 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of66
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Michael Waltrip Discussions

Search the Michael Waltrip Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ford takes Funny Car at Indy Nationals.....again! (Sep '13) Apr 14 Lefty 13
$1.2B Settlement for ToJo Motors Mar 19 ol wall 1
Is there a lack of $$$ (I mean YEN!) at POS-Rac... Mar '14 ol wall 4
Will "Bow-Wow" pack-it-in at the end of this se... Mar '14 ol wall 1
HOW THE DODGE BOYS CHEATED; Mid 90s NHRA (Jun '08) Mar '14 nasfan66 15
Race Report from GoPOS? Mar '14 nasfan66 2
Jeff Burton will drive POS's #66 Mar '14 nasfan66 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••