Richard Childress fined $150,000 for punching NASCAR driver Kyle Busch

Jun 6, 2011 Full story: The Post-Standard 71

NASCAR fined team owner Richard Childress $150,000 on Monday and placed him on probation through the end of the year for an altercation with driver Kyle Busch.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Not a Junior Fan

Spokane, WA

#1 Jun 6, 2011
NASCAR let Richard Childress off the hook with only a fine and probation. They should have docked owner points from all of this teams. This would have sent a clear message to the owners to stay out of altercations. They are suppose to be the businessmen of the organization and help to keep others out of trouble. Childress' actions were planned and way out of line.

Since: May 08

Clovis, NM

#2 Jun 6, 2011
NASCAR are a bunch of idiots, should of fined Busch for being a idiot and gave Childress a pat on the back.
barr

Temperance, MI

#3 Jun 6, 2011
This whole thing just shows us how much Kyle is in to Kevin Harvicks head. All Harvick does is bitch about Kyle that it finally set Childress off.
Terry

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Jun 6, 2011
Not a Junior Fan wrote:
NASCAR let Richard Childress off the hook with only a fine and probation. They should have docked owner points from all of this teams. This would have sent a clear message to the owners to stay out of altercations. They are suppose to be the businessmen of the organization and help to keep others out of trouble. Childress' actions were planned and way out of line.
It also shows Nascar makes up rules as they go. Weseal boy Kyle was on probation which means jacksh#t in Nascar and it also depends which driver you are.
Anonymous

South Gate, CA

#5 Jun 6, 2011
Just plain ol bull hockey!!!! Hell, richard dont care about 150 grand, thats pocket change , in the petty cash drawer money. He didnt apologize and I dont blame him. If Kyle winds up pressing charges, he better rent some real security. Richard is a southern hero, a self made man, he worked his guts out to get to where, hes at, and to have what hes got. Dale Sr was the same, they did it together. You dont cross a dude of the south. Kyle was warned by Richard not to mess up any more of his equipment, Kyle had to be a smartass and do it anyway, he deserved his whoopin, he needs one a week till he learns better!!Kyle didnt fight back cause he was afrid if he did Richard would hurt him bad. He froze in fear, rowdy aint rowdy after all, hes a girl!!!!!!!!!!
Not a Junior Fan

Spokane, WA

#6 Jun 6, 2011
Terry wrote:
<quoted text> It also shows Nascar makes up rules as they go. Weseal boy Kyle was on probation which means jacksh#t in Nascar and it also depends which driver you are.
What exactly did Kyle do in this situation that warranted any punishment or for his probation to be in question? His bump was just that, a bump and they happen all the time. You are just another Kyle hater who does not understand that Richard Childress was WRONG!! You would not see Rick Hendrick or Joe Gibbs fighting with any other drivers or owners.
Terry

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Jun 6, 2011
Frist off I don't know what you are smoking? Where did I say RC was right in the way he dealt with the situation. And he has to pay the price. Weasel boy hit him on a cool down lap. If you are paying attention to what has been going between the two teams. Why do you think he did it? If you don't have a clue let me know. As far as me being a hater. The kid can drive a race car like nobodys bussiness but has alot of growing up to do. I am not a Jr fan either, but with a handel like yours you look like more of a hater than most sunshine!
Terry

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Jun 6, 2011
Not a Junior Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly did Kyle do in this situation that warranted any punishment or for his probation to be in question? His bump was just that, a bump and they happen all the time. You are just another Kyle hater who does not understand that Richard Childress was WRONG!! You would not see Rick Hendrick or Joe Gibbs fighting with any other drivers or owners.
One last thing I did find it funny that RC popped him. Weasel boy is Mr tough guy in the car but you get him out and he just didn't run away fast enough this time like he usually does. Maybe after this he might grow up but don't count on it.
Terry

Raymond, WA

#9 Jun 6, 2011
I love it Weasel Boy thats great Richard Childress is a hero and I hope next time he gets Kile {weasel boy} away from the track and that he hits him a lot more than two times may be the kid will grow up and wise up.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#10 Jun 6, 2011
Does anyone on here actually believe that Richard didn't realize before he went over to Shrub's trailer that NASCAR wouldn't hand him some tough punishment if he layed hands on Pee Wee Jr. He knew they would but he promised the punk after the incident with Harvick not to tear up anymore of his equipment after the race was over. Not only did Shrub get punked by a rookie on the track but he also found out that Richard Childress is MAN of his word. If the rest of the racing crowd followed Richard's lead and just pounded the dog crap out of Shrub everytime he pulled one of his after race stunts, he'd get the idea. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Joey take him to the wall and make him blink first.
Huh

United States

#11 Jun 6, 2011
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>One last thing I did find it funny that RC popped him. Weasel boy is Mr tough guy in the car but you get him out and he just didn't run away fast enough this time like he usually does. Maybe after this he might grow up but don't count on it.
Kyle showed maturity and respect for a dyed black hair, 65 year old drunk;. Joe Gibbs does work with his drivers to show respect. way to go Kyle . proud of you. he would not have punched his father nor Mr Gibbs. grow up yourself & quit hating so much. not good for your blood pressure. You do not think things thru.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#12 Jun 6, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
Does anyone on here actually believe that Richard didn't realize before he went over to Shrub's trailer that NASCAR wouldn't hand him some tough punishment if he layed hands on Pee Wee Jr. He knew they would but he promised the punk after the incident with Harvick not to tear up anymore of his equipment after the race was over. Not only did Shrub get punked by a rookie on the track but he also found out that Richard Childress is MAN of his word. If the rest of the racing crowd followed Richard's lead and just pounded the dog crap out of Shrub everytime he pulled one of his after race stunts, he'd get the idea. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Joey take him to the wall and make him blink first.
You Just won't quit will ya? Kyle was a real man and didn't fight back. Can't say the same for Ol Richard. Keep hating, Kyle will keep on winning.
WWE CRASHCAR 2011

Florham Park, NJ

#13 Jun 7, 2011
This is all just part of the WWE NASACAR show. Helton and France are loving it, they know this crap is the only way to generate interest in NASCAR these days. They probably cut a deal with old Richard, we'll fine you 150 grand, but you'll get a couple of post race inspection "wave arounds".

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#14 Jun 7, 2011
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You Just won't quit will ya? Kyle was a real man and didn't fight back. Can't say the same for Ol Richard. Keep hating, Kyle will keep on winning.
You're wrong again,(as usual) Lisa, I don't hate Shrub. I just don't respect him as a person. He's probably the most talented driver in NASCAR BUT that doesn't make him the smartest. Shrub is his own worst enemy. He's 26 or 27 and needs to give up on these cheap shots on other drivers after the race ends everytime someone beats him during the race. Even Dale Sr. didn't tear up someone else's equipment after the race ended. He'd come see you in person in the garage afterward but he didn't hit you or wreck you after the checked flag.
WWE CRASHCAR 2011

Florham Park, NJ

#15 Jun 7, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong again,(as usual) Lisa, I don't hate Shrub. I just don't respect him as a person. He's probably the most talented driver in NASCAR BUT that doesn't make him the smartest. Shrub is his own worst enemy. He's 26 or 27 and needs to give up on these cheap shots on other drivers after the race ends everytime someone beats him during the race. Even Dale Sr. didn't tear up someone else's equipment after the race ended. He'd come see you in person in the garage afterward but he didn't hit you or wreck you after the checked flag.
Enough with the Dale Sr BS!
Terry

Milwaukee, WI

#16 Jun 7, 2011
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle showed maturity and respect for a dyed black hair, 65 year old drunk;. Joe Gibbs does work with his drivers to show respect. way to go Kyle . proud of you. he would not have punched his father nor Mr Gibbs. grow up yourself & quit hating so much. not good for your blood pressure. You do not think things thru.
Gee you guys love to throw out the word hater. I posted RC handled it wrong. I said Kyle he was a hell of a driver but not mature. I suppose when Weasel boy was doing 128 mph in a 45 mph zone is real mature. What do you think about that Sparky? Do you hate him for that or was it just stupidy.
Terry

Milwaukee, WI

#17 Jun 7, 2011
O yea if you do decide to answer HUH think it through very slowly so your blood pressure is OK also LOL!
Barr

Temperance, MI

#18 Jun 7, 2011
I still can't get over the fact that the Jr lovers actually know how to use a computer. Maybe they dictate to their mommy who does the posing for them.
Not a Junior Fan

Spokane, WA

#19 Jun 7, 2011
Terry wrote:
I am not a Jr fan either, but with a handel like yours you look like more of a hater than most sunshine!
My handle is to clarify that while I may stick up for Junior, I am not his fan. Fans can like any driver for any reason and I am sick of hearing about how terrible of driver he (Jr) is and that his fans are all wrong.

As for Kyle, I am sick of hearing haters like you call him names. Grow up yourself and call him by either his nickname or his real name.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#20 Jun 7, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong again,(as usual) Lisa, I don't hate Shrub. I just don't respect him as a person. He's probably the most talented driver in NASCAR BUT that doesn't make him the smartest. Shrub is his own worst enemy. He's 26 or 27 and needs to give up on these cheap shots on other drivers after the race ends everytime someone beats him during the race. Even Dale Sr. didn't tear up someone else's equipment after the race ended. He'd come see you in person in the garage afterward but he didn't hit you or wreck you after the checked flag.
Comparing a cheap shot to a simple congrats kid, You got the best of me bump is ludicrious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael McDowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill Labonte extends Texas streak before bowing out (Apr '13) Apr '13 TexasRaider 2
Ryan Newman calls on NASCAR to name drug involv... (May '09) Feb '13 Michael 4
Stenhouse wins 3rd in row in Iowa (May '12) May '12 08malibu 1
Forget the tie -- give dad a Father's Day adven... (Jun '11) Feb '12 nataliefish123 2
Bay Area drivers take on NHRA veterans at Infin... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Doug 1
Kyle Busch shouldna t get grief for dominating ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Racing Granny 20
Could Kyle Busch get NASCAR win No.100 at New H... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Racing Granny 11
More from around the web