NASCAR driver charged with DWI

Feb 7, 2011 Full story: The Virginian-Pilot 6

Nationwide driver Michael Annett was arrested early Sunday morning in Mooresville, N.C., and charged with DWI, failure to reduce speed, texting while driving and resisting a public officer.

Full Story
resident

United States

#1 Feb 7, 2011
most of the drivers do not get caught. lots of them drink. he was not soooo lucky.
Racing

Columbus, OH

#2 Feb 8, 2011
Rusty Wallace will take care of him.
A Real Fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Feb 8, 2011
If Rusty doesn't take him out, Nascar should park him for a least 2011.
Hilton Head

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2011
Sounds like a driver who can multi-task!
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#6 Feb 9, 2011
Does Michael Waltrip or AJ Allmendinger sound familar to you guys!?...

I'm waiting to see if NASCAR will do anything to see if my theorm is right. "NASCAR Now" said NASCAR will do nothing, but "NASCAR Race Hub" said NASCAR is reviewing the situation & will render a judgment later on, so I don't know what to beleive...

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#7 Feb 9, 2011
IF the police pulled Arnett's state driver's license then NASCAR will pull his NASCAR license until his state license is returned. NASCAR already has a rule that says a driver must hold a valid state driver's lisense in order to hold a NASCAR license. As long as he didn't refuse the breathalizer, he probably still has his state license.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Annett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dillon puts No. 3 car in Kentucky's Victory Lane (Jun '12) Jul '12 hatchet 3
Rusty Wallace shuts down his NASCAR Nationwide ... (Jan '12) Jun '12 acrim 10
More from around the web