Mayfields write letter to fans, friends, competitors

Jul 5, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NASCAR Winston Cup Scene

To all my fans, friends and fellow competitors: First and foremost, Shana and I want to thank all of you who have supported us.

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Jul 12, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
michele kleckner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

i applaud mayfeild for fighting and standing up for his rights !!! taking medication for A.D.D is not a crime nor a disgrace. nascar officials like mike helton are a disgrace for discriminating against a
disability that millions of americans suffer from.
it is not right for nascar not to say what the so called drug is they found in mayfeilds system. they want to defame his integrity with inuendos. if i were jeramy mayfeild i would sue nascar for defamation. if they found something illegal they should have said it. they are the ones obviously with some thing to hide !!!! shame on nascar and mike helton. and it is a funny thing that no one is looking into what jeff gordon may be taking for his back condition. lets all let jeffy - poo off the hook yet again !!!!!!!!
pam

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

If he allowed to take that doesn't explain why he didn't tell nascar that he was taking it if it was allowed that is.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

I hope the best for Jeremy. It should be easily proven if he is ADD and that he has legal prescriptions for it. For a person who is actually ADD, Adderral slows them down, not speed them up. It is a CII prescription, he should have told NASCAR.
just somebody

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

michele kleckner wrote:
i applaud mayfeild for fighting and standing up for his rights !!! taking medication for A.D.D is not a crime nor a disgrace. nascar officials like mike helton are a disgrace for discriminating against a
it is not right for nascar not to say what the so called drug is they found in mayfeilds system. they want to defame his integrity with inuendos. if i were jeramy mayfeild i would sue nascar for defamation. if they found something illegal they should have said it. they are the ones obviously with some thing to hide !!!! shame on nascar and mike helton. and it is a funny thing that no one is looking into what jeff gordon may be taking for his back condition. lets all let jeffy - poo off the hook yet again !!!!!!!!
I like Jeremy, but I think he probably messed up when he did not tell nascar about what he was taking. And as for Jeff I think they know what he is taking, and I don't think it is no kind of narcotic, nobody is letting him OFF THE HOOK. GO JEFF!!!

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

well they also need to see what levels of adderall he has in his system ...Even if he has the drugs legally if he is not using them the way they are prescribed or if the levels are higher than prescribed THEN Nascar is with in their right.

Also if he is taking other drugs with adderall same thing,,,

you also have to look for what the combination of drugs he took will do when mixed togather...its possible they may make some chemical that is not legal...

there are just alot of possibilities...

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

michele kleckner wrote:
WTF? He (Jeff) took a cortisone injection, not an anabolic- steroid, get your facts straight.
As for Jermey, I think the judge overturning his BAN from NASCAR is a crackhead. Takes one to know one. I think it is a big mistake. ADD medication my azz. He is a freakin METH head, the bloodtests don't lie.
The only ever good thing I'll say about Kyle is that he was funnier than hell,(all be it arrogant) when he said that Jermemy racing was okay, cause he (Jermemy) is always in the back behind him (Kyle) Pompus, but funny.
I sure hope Jeremy can get his "Attention Deficit Disorder" back in check befor he kills someone.
LMAO!
Shelia

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

Kyle Busch is more of a threat to NASCAR drivers and fans than Jeremy is. Take a new sample. Isn't that what the judge said to do? Ask him if he's still taking Claritin-D and go from there. All this legal stuff and counter-suing is stupid. Just take another sample. He was clean in the beginning of the year. He's innocent until he's proven guilty. So, NASCAR, prove him guilty. Take a sample. Do it properly and see what happens.
Shelia

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

Tamara24 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? He (Jeff) took a cortisone injection, not an anabolic- steroid, get your facts straight.
As for Jermey, I think the judge overturning his BAN from NASCAR is a crackhead. Takes one to know one. I think it is a big mistake. ADD medication my azz. He is a freakin METH head, the bloodtests don't lie.
The only ever good thing I'll say about Kyle is that he was funnier than hell,(all be it arrogant) when he said that Jermemy racing was okay, cause he (Jermemy) is always in the back behind him (Kyle) Pompus, but funny.
I sure hope Jeremy can get his "Attention Deficit Disorder" back in check befor he kills someone.
LMAO!
Proofread first!
small

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

Tamara24 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? He (Jeff) took a cortisone injection, not an anabolic- steroid, get your facts straight.
LMAO!
Did you stop drying yet? drama mAMA

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

Shelia wrote:
<quoted text>Proofread first!
Why? is this a written essay I am going to be graded on? Who care!
So I misspelled Jeremy a few times, sue me.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

small wrote:
<quoted text>Did you stop drying yet? drama mAMA
Do you mean crying? Let me tell you this, no tears were shed on my part. As I have stated before, I just like to call attention to those whom are unwarranted haters and backstabbers.
Drama Mama....thanks! Can I use it? I have been looking for a new nickname.

So sweet of your crew to stick by each other, regaurdless of the truth.

Justice will prevail. Karma will knock, the pendulam always swing back.
live laugh learn

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

Tamara24 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean crying? Let me tell you this, no tears were shed on my part. As I have stated before, I just like to call attention to those whom are unwarranted haters and backstabbers.
Drama Mama....thanks! Can I use it? I have been looking for a new nickname.
So sweet of your crew to stick by each other, regardless of the truth.
Justice will prevail. Karma will knock, the pendulum always swing back.
Karma is what a WEAK individual lives for since they can't make anything work for themselves. Live on pros not cons negativity will kill you sister. I fixed your typos in your post.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

live laugh learn wrote:
<quoted text>Karma is what a WEAK individual lives for since they can't make anything work for themselves. Live on pros not cons negativity will kill you sister. I fixed your typos in your post.
Thanks for the advice, now can you pass it along to everyone else too? I don't look for karma, I do keep an open mind about it and know it will come back to haunt me for things I have said and done. I realize I am imperfect. We all are. The pro's used to out way the cons here, but as of lately, not so much. I am quite willing to share the e mails I was given by Joanie if you'd like. I have NEVER been anything but nice to her. She is the one that in recent days seems to be unraveling and turning on people.
I have the whole e, so if you're interested i'd be more than happy to share.
I tried to remain...POSSITIVE! I got shot down. Cant win 'em all.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

out weigh.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Jeremy Mayfield is the one responsible for Jeremy Mayfield's problems, nobody else. It was Jeremy's responsibility to provide a complete list of medications he was taking to NASCAR, look people, drugs that alter your ability to make decisions either in content or the speed of the decision are dangerous on a racetrack. Hell, some legal drugs have a warning on the label not to operate a vehicle or heavy machinery while using said drugs. NASCAR has the responsibility to the other drivers to keep impaired drivers off of the track, most famous incident was the Tim Richmond, HIV drugs suspension.

Jeremy is done as a driver/owner, he is too far behind in payments to his engine and parts suppliers and his name is now shot and he will have little (if any) help. Face it, Jeremy is now becoming just another pitiful ex driver who refuses to believe his driving career is over.

Since: Aug 08

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Shelia wrote:
Kyle Busch is more of a threat to NASCAR drivers and fans than Jeremy is. Take a new sample. Isn't that what the judge said to do? Ask him if he's still taking Claritin-D and go from there. All this legal stuff and counter-suing is stupid. Just take another sample. He was clean in the beginning of the year. He's innocent until he's proven guilty. So, NASCAR, prove him guilty. Take a sample. Do it properly and see what happens.
It isn't like Nascar isn't trying to get other samples. JM has been fighting them tooth and nail to avoid having another test. http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news...

I don't know if he's guilty or innocent, but his actions are sure looking like those of a drug user. In a day where we have GPS devices everywhere, it is just crazy that he's using the old "I couldn't find the lab" excuse for missing a mandatory testing appointment. The only thing Nascar has told him to do to be reinstated is enter a drug rehab program and come through it. If he entered one they'd quickly be able to determine whether he's got a problem or not. Or maybe Nascar owns all the drug rehab programs as well as all the testing labs.

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Its a shame it took him almost 7 hours to do a drug test, and then Nascar had to go to HIS house to get it. The he said it was humilitating to have someone watch him. Well to bad and if I recall the judge did say Nascar could test hm anytime they wanted to. Well I am sure he took all that time just to try and clean his system out before he went.
He will never race in Nascar again because he wont do as he is asked. He has to give a sample so it can be tested within the 2 hours and he didnt that there alone could get the judge to say ok I made a mistake and he can say ok no racing for you until you do as you are asked.
Couldnt find the testing site my foot he didnt want to find it.He is scared of what they will find and he cant just go to whatever testing site he and his lawyer want him to go to he has to go to his employers and thats NASCAR.
Mayfield a word of advice ya want to race again just do what is asked of you and get it over with if not hope you enjoyed the time you did because you will never race again. You will only end up flipping burgers, wait they do drug tests now before they hire you so you wont be able to do that either.

Since: Apr 07

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

just somebody wrote:
<quoted text>I like Jeremy, but I think he probably messed up when he did not tell nascar about what he was taking. And as for Jeff I think they know what he is taking, and I don't think it is no kind of narcotic, nobody is letting him OFF THE HOOK. GO JEFF!!!
Jimmie Johnson suffers from various forms of alergies, as do other drivers in the Cup, Nationwide and Truck Series. BEFORE The season starts, Johnson's agent makes sure that NASCAR has a list of those prescribed drugs on file so that there is something that can be pointed to IF by chance Johnson gets a false positive.

It called covering your butt.

The problem with Mayfield is that nobody knew that he had ANYTHING associated with these medications. Perhaps NASCAR did not know he even suffered from ADD. If this is the case than exactly what makes Jimmie Johnson smarter than Jeremy Mayfield?

The NASCAR community is a small one. What some drivers do, other drivers do because they talk weekly, or NASCAR hands down a ruling that they all discuss. Why do some guys never get in trouble with the rules structure and some suddenly have to present excuses?

Makes you wonder.

I personally do not know what to buy here, but if I work within an organization that has drug testing, and I have to take legal drugs, I am going to inform that company what those drugs are, when I take them and WHY I take them.

This is known as COMMON SENSE.

Jeremy Mayfield may not be guilty of using an illegal substance, but he IS guilty of being needlessly ignorant of the rules and how to work in a structured rules environment. He knows by looking at recent examples over the last handful of years and NASCAR has a zero-tollorance policy when it comes to this issue, and yet he was not forthcoming with the information NASCAR needed in advance to avoid this.

This is why NASCAR is being adament about this, and this is why Jeremy Mayfield will suffer in the future. He may not be a drug user, but he is dumb,(for the lack of a better term) because this could have been easily avoided.
Word

Hines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Tamara, if you have Microsoft Word it may be a good idea to first type your messages there and then do a spell check. Follow that up with a copy and paste for POSSITIVE error free posting.

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Word wrote:
Tamara, if you have Microsoft Word it may be a good idea to first type your messages there and then do a spell check. Follow that up with a copy and paste for POSSITIVE error free posting.
Thank you Grammar Police!
Sorry, I was a little annoyed at the time, and I didn't take the time to proofread. Are you honestly telling me, you couldn't decipher what I was trying to say? Gimme' a break! The average brain should be able to read nearly anything, so long as the first and last letter of the word are correct. I am sure you must be of at least average mentality. Pardon me. Next time I will cross my T's and Dot my i's, just for you!!
:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••