Jeremy Mayfield facing another hurdle...

Jeremy Mayfield facing another hurdle as lender begins foreclosure proceedings on his property

There are 11 comments on the Scene Daily story from Dec 14, 2011, titled Jeremy Mayfield facing another hurdle as lender begins foreclosure proceedings on his property. In it, Scene Daily reports that:

NEWTON, N.C. Suspended NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield's financial troubles got worse this week as his mortgage lender has begun foreclosure proceedings on his approximately 400-acre property in North Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scene Daily.

Denver Dan Mayfield

Athens, GA

#1 Dec 15, 2011
It does not sound good for my "Boy" but I still have some hope! L8R. DD.
Tony

Dallas, TX

#2 Dec 15, 2011
Your "boy" is a no good thief
Chip

Stoughton, WI

#3 Dec 16, 2011
He can finally move into the trailer park with all the other meth addicts, should be very convenient for him.
Hilton Head

Windermere, FL

#4 Dec 16, 2011
Some of the best people I know live in trailer parks.
ohmy

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 25, 2011
what is happening with him. he sure went the wrong path. feel sorry for his wife and her family.
Lawrence

Wilmington, DE

#6 Jan 2, 2012
I find the Jeremy Mayfield story to be tragic. Here we have someone who had the type of life that you can only dream of. Perhaps what set him off is when his father was shot. When people experience a tragedy in their life and are emotionally distraught, that's the time when we feel we need a break from the pain. But, what is done to alleviate pain only causes more pain when their life begins to unravel. However, Mayfield's defiance is only making a bad situation worse. If I were in Mayfield's shoes, I would immediately cancel suing Nascar, that's only going to cause more bad blood. Meet with Nascar, admit he has a problem, and begin treatment to get cleaned up. This approach will get him on the road to recovery and back on the track sooner. Before that could happen, he would need to admit he has a problem and really work hard in therapy, a drug program, and with Nascar to get clean and stay clean. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear Mayfield is ready to do this yet and until he does, his life will become increasingly worse. He obviously has talent. People don't make it to the level of racing he was at by accident. Believe it or not, maybe some time in jail would wake him up in finally realizing he needs to change his life. It's not too late for him to turn his life around but he has to come to grips with what is going on and be responsible for his actions. Taking drugs doesn't make you a bad person. I hope for his sake and his family he sees the light so he can begin to rebuild his life.
Trinity

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Jan 2, 2012
Yeah he did have a drug problem but i don't think it should have ended his career considering all the BIG BOYS at the top are coke heads themselves.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#8 Jan 7, 2012
Mayfield was his own worse enemy. NASCAR never had anything but bad press to gain from going public with the suspension of a top name driver for drug use so I never doubted the charges. Especially after the way Mayfield conducted himself and his idiotic behavior after the story came out. His ego and the lack of a honest lawyer that would look him in the eye and frankly ask if he was crazy as hell kept compounding his problem. I wonder if he could go over it again knowing what he knows now, would the dumbass handle it the same stupid way. Sorry Denver, but YOUR BOY is bleeding to death from his self-inflicted wounds.

“Making Shine”

Since: Dec 11

In the sticks of Ky

#9 Jan 9, 2012
Whoyakidding wrote:
Mayfield was his own worse enemy. NASCAR never had anything but bad press to gain from going public with the suspension of a top name driver for drug use so I never doubted the charges. Especially after the way Mayfield conducted himself and his idiotic behavior after the story came out. His ego and the lack of a honest lawyer that would look him in the eye and frankly ask if he was crazy as hell kept compounding his problem. I wonder if he could go over it again knowing what he knows now, would the dumbass handle it the same stupid way. Sorry Denver, but YOUR BOY is bleeding to death from his self-inflicted wounds.
Yes, you are right, I hate to see it. He was a good driver.
MONGO

Vancouver, Canada

#10 Jan 12, 2012
He's a waste of friggin' skin !!!!
Barnsider

Rugby, UK

#11 Jan 27, 2012
All he had to do was own up, take the punishment and rehab therapy and he could have been back on the track in a couple of years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sprint Cup star races at Carteret County... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
More from around the web