Jeremy Mayfield hires Mark Geragos in his legal battle with NASCAR

Oct 2, 2009 | Posted by: The New Twenty | Full story: blog.al.com

Jeremy Mayfield has decided to call in the heavy artillery in his ongoing legal battle with NASCAR.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Gas Me Up Rednecks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

Big deal! The redneck is finished!!!!!
Combat Vet

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2009

Yep, it is a big deal. If you call Jeremy a redneck, what do we call you? Oh never mind. After all, it is Sunday. Jeremy's decision to fight the France Racing Monopoly is called exercising one's rights as granted under the constitution. Yep, it is a big deal. Calling anyone a name to insult actually gives us insight as to the type of person you really are. By the way, you might take time to read the constiution and bill of rights. After all, tens of thousands have died to preserve the rights you have, and the right that Jeremy has to challenge the France Empire.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Amen...Combat Vet...from another Vet. L8R. Denver Dan.

“points on the line”

Since: Jun 08

Where's the ball???

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

If there is a way for Mayfield to win this, he has a lawyer that can do the job. I would LIKE to think that Mayfield was not a speed junkie that was able to fool the NASCAR people for so long. I guess we will see what happens.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

I think Jeremy has gone in to mitigating damages mode. That's what Mark is good at, getting a guilty person off with a lighter sentence or making things go away. His major failure was Scott Peterson.

We'll see what happens, but when you have three independent statements outside of ex-family stating that you were indeed a meth head back in the day, it makes your argument that it was something different so much weaker.
xhaasfan

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Should help get more publicity for this case which should be good for Jeremy bad for Nascar. I knew this was going to get ugly but never thought it would get this bad. I guess I wonder if Nascar had such a iron clad case wouldn't they want to get this over quickly and get it behind them instead of always trying to drag it out. I thought Jeremy was the plaintiff so he isn't trying to mitigate damages. I think any halfway decent lawyer could win this thing for Jeremy. Geragos is suppose to be very good so I guess we will see what happens next year.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Judged:

Mayfield isn't going to have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of before this mess is all said and done. At some point, he'll have to cash his chips and get out of the game. His legal bill has to be astronumical fighting his suit against NASCAR and the suits against him. I hope he invested a little in the legal department when he decided to become a team owner and get his company incorporated.
JeremyFan

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

I just have to believe that JM is innocent or he would not go to these lengths to clear his name. Has anyone checked out to see how much NASCAR has paid these "witnesses"? When will NASCAR execs be tested for drugs? I have heard that there are some of the NASCAR cash cows that have tested positive for drugs in the past, but nothing ever came of that. In NASCAR's eyes, JM was expendable and they took this chance to flex their muscles. I am cheering for Jeremy
gator1918

Pawling, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

Whoyakidding wrote:
Mayfield isn't going to have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of before this mess is all said and done. At some point, he'll have to cash his chips and get out of the game. His legal bill has to be astronumical fighting his suit against NASCAR and the suits against him. I hope he invested a little in the legal department when he decided to become a team owner and get his company incorporated.
Who you kidding, isn't Mark Gerajos the guy who takes on high profile cases that are seeking damages on a % of settlement fee? For those of us who think Jeremy is not a meth head, this is the guy he needs. He will make the jury believe that NASCAR has destroyed Jeremy financialy and that they should pay and pay big time for being a bully. Jeremy will never drive, own or do anything in NASCAR AGAIN. who really cares. Nascar will be destroyed forever. GO JM.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

LOL!! That people honestly think that JM has the capacity to destroy NASCAR. How many other sporting leagues have had major scandals? They all made it.

And frankly, if he is a meth head, he got in over his head because he was denial about his addiction and now he can't back down. You know why? Because Nascar will sue his butt off for this. So you have to keep going.

Five people have said in the past he was a user. The likelihood this was a false positive is getting smaller and smaller each day, given that Aegis already has a darn reliable way of eliminating false positives.

Science doesn't lie. And the science behind it will prevail.
bigj

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Combat Vet wrote:
Yep, it is a big deal. If you call Jeremy a redneck, what do we call you? Oh never mind. After all, it is Sunday. Jeremy's decision to fight the France Racing Monopoly is called exercising one's rights as granted under the constitution. Yep, it is a big deal. Calling anyone a name to insult actually gives us insight as to the type of person you really are. By the way, you might take time to read the constiution and bill of rights. After all, tens of thousands have died to preserve the rights you have, and the right that Jeremy has to challenge the France Empire.
yeah...i remember in history class,a bunch of rednecks took on the allmighty establishment...those rednecks earned the right to be called AMERICANS!!!the almighty establishment was the british...we all know how that deal ended, dont we.....YOU GO JEREMY!!!!keep up your enlightening posts combat vet, us real americans appreciate it.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Geragos isn't a good trial lawyer, he's a settlement expert. Take a look at the list of big names he's been to trial with and you'll he hasn't won many of those cases. He is on the other hand, great at out of court settlements. The only problem here is Mayfield things NASCAR will offer to make a settlements at some point just to get rid of this problem. Ain't going to happen. NASCAR will play hardball on this one and take it all the way to trial if necessary but they have a damn good case.
Biff

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Methfield is so 2007. Gone like the wind.

“'2010'season ”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Is that Chris Brown in the picture? I think Geragos represents scumbags.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••