NASCAR willing to dismiss counterclai...

NASCAR willing to dismiss counterclaims against Jeremy Mayfield so appeal can proceed

There are 24 comments on the Scene Daily story from Sep 23, 2010, titled NASCAR willing to dismiss counterclaims against Jeremy Mayfield so appeal can proceed. In it, Scene Daily reports that:

NASCAR is seeking to dismiss its breach-of-contract and fraud claims against driver Jeremy Mayfield to help speed up the appeal in Mayfielda TMs lawsuit against the sanctioning body.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scene Daily.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RacerTL

Barstow, CA

#1 Oct 2, 2010
Expect to see Brian France in treatment for his drug problems when nascar loses the Mayfield case (they will). It is common knowledge brian has chemical problems. If you remember there was a very ugly scene in Daytona with him driving very impaired and numerous 911 calls reporting his car hitting various things. Booze & Cocaine!
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#2 Oct 3, 2010
Baby Whale France and that POS Michael Waltrip love to go drunk driving and their socks....
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

#3 Oct 4, 2010
If you saw the last article in Scene magazine, Jeremy is finally telling some of the things back in '06 (black flagged for no reason) can be checked out, as every race is recorded! I believe Jeremy all the way, and I think a jury will feel the same when this thing goes to court, and it will not be pretty for the France family! I hate it for Big Bill, and I hate it for Jeremy, but I do not, in any way, feel sorry for Brian and all of his "stupid" changes...remember the "wing" on cars? L8R. DD.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#4 Oct 4, 2010
You poor people are pathetic. A judge has already said Jeremy doesn't have a case and dismissed his suit. Why is NASCAR willing to drop their counter-suit so Jeremy can file an appeal and get his suit back on. I'll tell you, because NASCAR really wants this thing to come to trisl now so they can clean Jeremy's clock and set a precedence for anyone else who wants to try the same thing. If Jeremy ever gets his suit to trial, NASCAR will restart their countersuit. Jeremy is playing right into what NASCAR wants. Jeremy is damned if does and damned if he doesn't now. He's got a tiger by the tail and can't let go.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Jackson, GA

#5 Oct 5, 2010
People who call other people names...especially people they do not know, aren't very nice! We shall see about my "Boy" Jeremy.
streetstock08

Forest Lake, MN

#6 Oct 5, 2010
I would have to say i hope jeremy get what is coming to him and that is a lot of money and to races again. NASCAR thinks they can do what ever they wont it is not right at all. GOOD LUCK jeremy it sure would be nice to watch you races again
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

#7 Oct 6, 2010
You must be kidding! When he clears his name, it will be DRAG RACING...not NASCAR!!!(Drag Racing is my first love, anyway...much more exciting!) L8R. DD.
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#8 Oct 6, 2010
Jeremy IS getting what he deserves, right now. WHEN he clears his name, he won't be able to afford going moped racing.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

#9 Oct 7, 2010
Why did you "drop" your 24? Ashamed? L8R. DD.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Raleigh

#10 Oct 8, 2010
Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
Why did you "drop" your 24? Ashamed? L8R. DD.
I haven't dropped it. I was on another computer. Nothing with Jeff Gordon to be ashamed of. If he never wins again he'll still be about 75 wins and 4 championships ahead the Meth Head. Face it Dan, your boy Jeremy is just stinking up the atmospere. After he failed the second test he should have just shutup and followed the procedure to get his credentials back. Maybe he would still have a pot to pee in and a window to throw it out of if he had.
dobey

Tifton, GA

#11 Oct 8, 2010
racing is getting so gay now 85 percent gay too many sissy boys look at drag racing gay clubs now spread over the country and circle track wow them boys or worse than pee wee wee when are we going to get some real racers
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

#12 Oct 8, 2010
That seems to be right...they want the pretty "boy wonders" instead of real men like Jeremy! We need MEN like Cale Yarbrough and Fireball Roberts and Curtis Turner, and yes, Jeremy Mayfield...not a bunch of little "sissy" boys. If there was a fight these days, it would be with their cars, because they certanily could not do it physically! Go Jeremy, and clear your name! L8R. DD.(I don't think Joey Logano really wanted to mess with Ryan Newman...keep your helmets on, little boy!)
Mountain

AOL

#13 Oct 15, 2010
Worked for nascar for 3 years, worked with Jeremy off and on since 1992. I told him early in 2006 that nascar had it in for him because he "outed" Evernham. I am posting because of the stupid comments like those of "whoyakidding's", who don't have a clue about what they are talking about..
I live close to Jeremy and see him often, and like I said, I have known him for about 18 years.. He does not use drugs, period.. Brian France is a dope and a drunk, always has been and probably always will be.. He has screwed up everything he's ever done and he is ruining nascar..
BTW, I will be taking the stand at Jeremy's trial for him.. Nascar has had free roam long enough..
The one thing Bill France JR. preached weekly, was
"don't get us in any kind of federal lawsuit" because I don't want the government in our business..
guess what Brian,
you broke the code dude... and Jeremy will win this and get his $$$$ from you..
oh yeah, and that name I used here, is how Bill Jr. referred to me when I worked for him...lol
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#14 Oct 15, 2010
I hope you're right. I'd love to see A$$CAR go down - even farther than it already has!
Brian France Sucks

Glen Burnie, MD

#15 Oct 15, 2010
Wow, what happened to the NASCAR I used to love to watch. First, a Cale fan(screwed out of the hall of fame), then a Davey Allison fan( I know, Allison fan after being a Cale fan!), then finally being drawn to a driver out of Kentucky by the name of Mayfield. Having met Jeremy multiple times and having a brother that has been and still is addicted to meth, I can say that I never saw any signs( rotted teeth, bags under eyes, etc. that my personal experience has shown, My wish is for Jeremy to clear his name and receive compensation for what he has lost because of King France. When he does, I may watch NASCAR again.(Maybe!) Good thing my Ravens are kicking butt!
Denver Dan Mayfield

Duluth, GA

#16 Oct 16, 2010
Now, we may all find out what the "z" stands for in b"z"f...could it be ZERO? L8R. DD.
djmyheart2005

Chester, SC

#17 Oct 24, 2010
Jeremy Mayfield is one of the best drivers in NASCAR and Brian France does not like him and never has. Read people. Yes France has drug and alcohol problems, but who cares he only drives on highway with millions of people, not on a track with 42 other people makes sense huh.....Yeah right. Jeremy will be back and better than ever.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Raleigh

#18 Oct 24, 2010
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jeremy is going to do this and Jeremy is going to do that. Here's what Jeremy is really going to do, lose everything he has that he hasn't already lost. NASCAR has insurance that would protect them against any suit loses they might have but all Jeremy has is he butt up against a wall that his own stupidity created for him. It doesn't matter how long he drags this out, He's a tainted product and is done with major league racing. His future racing ventures will be limited to occassional invites at local dirt tracks for 4 or 5 hundred a night to draw a crowd to watch the local hotdogs wear his butt out.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Atlanta, GA

#19 Oct 25, 2010
I didn't see it, as I don't watch races anymore, but I heard what the 2 car did...GO BUSCH!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Raleigh

#20 Oct 25, 2010
Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
I didn't see it, as I don't watch races anymore, but I heard what the 2 car did...GO BUSCH!
Well, you have been watching this one because you missed some good tough competition. Old Jeff put a bump and run on Kurt but he made a slight miscue, he didn't hard enough to escape. Kurt caught him the next turn and applied the same principal, only moreso. There was a lot of hard racing though. Jr. was even competitive for a while but they main players was Denny, Kevin, Jeff Burton and Mark. Jimmie never really had it together all day. Pure chance kept him from losing the points lead right at the end of the race. On the woulda, coulda, shoulda side, had there been 10 more laps, the OLD would have won.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
News More indictments filed against former NASCAR Dr... (Apr '13) Dec '13 Whoyakidding 19
More from around the web