Exclusive Video: Jeremy Mayfield Speaks

Exclusive Video: Jeremy Mayfield Speaks

There are 10 comments on the ClipSyndicate story from Jul 19, 2009, titled Exclusive Video: Jeremy Mayfield Speaks. In it, ClipSyndicate reports that:

Going against the wishes of his attorney, embattled NASCAR Driver Jeremy Mayfield speaks for almost 20 minutes! In a FOX Charlotte Exclusive, Mayfield discusses his drug testing problems, his relationship with NASCAR and his plans going forward - including a film crew!

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClipSyndicate.

AUchick

Talladega, AL

#1 Jul 19, 2009
I think Jeremy looks and sounds like he is clean. I will wait and see what happens. It is always hard to go up against a huge corporation and win. I hope for his sake that he really is clean. METH destroys peoples lives.
The Doctor

Miami, FL

#2 Jul 19, 2009
NASCAR will lose big credibility on this if they do not recognize at least 3 alternative tests (B)
or maybe even 3 out of 5. Mayfield could do the drugs he has so much in accumulated damages. They destroyed him. The infighting among the Ky. clans is normal, they probably went and lied to get NASCAR on Jeremy in the first place. Probably how it got started.
cole

Mooresville, NC

#3 Jul 23, 2009
He failed his second test. Nascar has offiaclly kicked him out of nascar. He is nothing but lies.
Gary

Murfreesboro, AR

#4 Jul 23, 2009
Cole your nothing but a DA do all the research before posting something and stop reading only the NASCAR side and look at the true fact about stuff and be logical about it

“Boogie Chill'un”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 24, 2009
Here's Mayfield's perspective:
Mayfield: "I feel like I was definitely targeted and definitely was going to be, they thought, a good example for their drug policy. I'd go away for thirty days or whatever and come back, got my own team, and drive again. And the deal with me, they got me and I was a good example for their policy. Remember policy, that Brian talks about all the time? If they got me then none of their stars would ever have to go down for a positive drug test, which Brian said the other day they have all the time. There again, if it's zero tolerance on their policy, then how do you have a bunch of positive drug tests?(SIRIUS XM NASCAR Radio)(7-16-2009

Here's mine:
Brian "France" and his cronies are CORRUPT, and a CANCER to this once proud series. Don't believe me? Ask Robbie Gordon about Montreal. Or how about the time ol' Carl Long got fined and suspended at an ALL STAR event for an over-used, over-heated engine just a few short years after one of their T-Shirt boys wrecked in the opening stages but was allowed to drive an UN-INSPECTED back-up car b/c (and I quote NASCAR here) "It's just an ALL-STAR race." Then there's the time ol' Chad Chaffin got his qualifying time disallowed at Pocono the same year Mark Martin got a slap on the wrist for a similar ride hieght infraction earlier in the season. Or how about the time the 48 wouldn't fit a template but was allowed the victory at Daytona anyway. Then there was the time a guy was forced below the yellow line coming to the checkers at Talladega (which the rule plainly stated you could advance if you were FORCED down) and made what SEEMED to be the pass for the lead......but, he had no big Home Depot decals on his car, and he didn't sell many t-shirts......so.......
You see, Brian "France" has a BUSINESS degree, and these poor chaps like Carl Long or Jeremy Mayfield don't make HIM much money....so, they are expendable. He runs it more from a business perspective, not like a sport. I know they have to make money, but at what cost to the sanctity of the sport? For example, folks say they're too lenient when someone's caught bending the rules.....so a guy like Chad Chaffin makes a mistake....and BOOM! They drop the hammer on him to make themselves look good. You say we don't drug test enough after the Aaron Fike/Kevin Grubb deals....oh yeah, well Jeremy Mayfield,TAG! you're it, now we can show the media we mean business w/ our drug policy. The "fans" won't even notice....so long as the 88 or the 99 or the 48,etc. make the show, who cares about a small independant guy like Mayfield or Long. The "fans" don't care, they're not buyin Chad Chaffin T-shirts, but PURE RACE FANS, like myself, DO CARE. I didn't attend races b/c it was the "hip" thing to do. I went b/c I love racing....may the best car and driver win and don't care how many shirts they sell or what commercial they're on. Now, it's just one rolling commercial w/ 4 mega teams that are the only ones who really stand a chance week in and week out (save for the wild card restrictor plate tracks)......and THEY say it's more competitive than years gone by....but, wait a minute, we wanna "get back to our roots"....PPPPPPFFFFFFFFF FFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!he wants to go back to their roots b/c CORE fans, myself included, are staying home in DROVES!)
Surely a "professional" sanctioning body wouldn't play favorites, would they?(dripping w/ sarcasm) Brian "France's" day is coming....soon, and I hope he gets egg all over his drunk, incompetent face. I hope Mayfield doesn't settle out of court and rubs their collective noses in the pile. He's been vague about the whole thing up until now. Laying back for the kill if you ask me. That being said, the Broward Co. M.E. wasn't so vague.....and I don't see any rotten teeth or scabs......and, ah, I think someone needs to tell Jeremy he should be dead!;)

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#6 Jul 24, 2009
Gee and everyone forgets that Aegis could be behind this all on their own and Nascar and Jeremy are getting taken for a ride.

Otherwise, how can he be negative for amphetamines if he's taking an Amphetamine? He said he hasn't stopped taking the Adderall.....

“Boogie Chill'un”

Location hidden

#7 Jul 24, 2009
14_Patti_18 wrote:
Gee and everyone forgets that Aegis could be behind this all on their own and Nascar and Jeremy are getting taken for a ride.
Otherwise, how can he be negative for amphetamines if he's taking an Amphetamine? He said he hasn't stopped taking the Adderall.....
Could be......but how do you explain the Carl Long saga? Gordon gets to drive an un-inspected backup car, b/c "it's just an all star race".....yet they essentially ended Carl Long's career over said "just an all star race". I don't buy it, they penalize the small guys to make it look like they punish people for rules infactions while they turn their heads when the big boys break rules (or fine them/put them on "probation"). The casual fan won't notice Chad Chaffin missing the race, but NA$CAR is afraid fans won't buy tickets if the big names are suspended.......bottom line.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#8 Jul 24, 2009
JumperJuice wrote:
<quoted text>Could be......but how do you explain the Carl Long saga? Gordon gets to drive an un-inspected backup car, b/c "it's just an all star race".....yet they essentially ended Carl Long's career over said "just an all star race". I don't buy it, they penalize the small guys to make it look like they punish people for rules infactions while they turn their heads when the big boys break rules (or fine them/put them on "probation"). The casual fan won't notice Chad Chaffin missing the race, but NA$CAR is afraid fans won't buy tickets if the big names are suspended.......bottom line.
You're comparing apples to oranges. Long had an engine violation, something Nascar takes very seriously. He got punished for it. But hey, there's people out there who think Nascar is nothing but a sham. So have your opinion that drug testing and rules infractions are the same thing.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Location hidden

#9 Jul 24, 2009
14_Patti_18 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing apples to oranges. Long had an engine violation, something Nascar takes very seriously. He got punished for it. But hey, there's people out there who think Nascar is nothing but a sham. So have your opinion that drug testing and rules infractions are the same thing.
True, but violating the drug policy IS a rules infaction. Yes, you're right about the engine policy....I wasn't disputing that. What I WAS disputing was the fact that Jeff Gordon was allowed to drive an UN-INSPECTED backup car after crashing out w/in the 1st 5 laps, b/c "it was just an all star race". Yet, Long's violation was prior to "just an all star race". So, what's the difference? They don't allow guys to go to a backup car during a points race. If Carl INTENTIONALLY brought a hot motor to the track, why would he subject it to an inspection when he could just pack up and withdraw? After all, "it was just an all star race".
Paula

Rochester, NY

#10 Jul 25, 2009
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Why would NASCAR "target" Mayfield??? They don't want the bad press...they're already hurting in sponserships with the economy. Listen to what Mayfield says, & he talks in circles. To me, he sounds guilty. "Thou dost protest too much"...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sprint Cup star races at Carteret County... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
More from around the web