NASCAR asks for evaluations of Mayfield

NASCAR asks for evaluations of Mayfield

There are 46 comments on the KXMB-TV Bismarck story from Sep 21, 2009, titled NASCAR asks for evaluations of Mayfield. In it, KXMB-TV Bismarck reports that:

Eds: APNewsNow. By JENNA FRYER AP Auto Racing Writer CHARLOTTE, N.C. Nascar has asked a federal judge to order a mental and physical examination on suspended driver Jeremy Mayfield to determine if he has a substance-abuse problem.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXMB-TV Bismarck.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Denver Dan Mayfield

Athens, GA

#43 Nov 10, 2009
Tim Richmond, if I understand correctly, had aids that he caught from "fooling around" with too many women, as he was a "rounder" just like a lot of the old NASCAR crowd. I am sure the organization did not like that, and I am pretty sure they tried to "hide" it as long as they could, but as it is with Jeremy, the TRUTH will come out. I don't know, but God knows! L8R. Denver Dan.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#44 Nov 13, 2009
Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
Tim Richmond, if I understand correctly, had aids that he caught from "fooling around" with too many women, as he was a "rounder" just like a lot of the old NASCAR crowd. I am sure the organization did not like that, and I am pretty sure they tried to "hide" it as long as they could, but as it is with Jeremy, the TRUTH will come out. I don't know, but God knows! L8R. Denver Dan.
Denver Dan, please get your facts straight, you are right about the fact that Tim Richmond was VERY popular with the young ladies. He actually contracted the HIV virus while in California as a guest and party companion of Hal Needham, original co owner of the #33 of Harry Gant. Tim had visions and potential offers to bet into movies and was in California doing the party scene with Hal. About 6 months after getting back Tim was told that one of the young women he had been with had come down with full blown Aids. NASCAR did not attempt to hide Richmond's condition, it was Richmond. At the time Tim had HIV it was still a social stigma that was associated with being gay and because of HIPPA NASCAR could not legally find out about Tim's medical condition. It was Tim's fellow competitiors who stated because of Tim's physical condition they refused to be on the same track with him. NASCAR at that time deemed Tim medically unfit to drive and until Tim could provide a document and medical report signed by his Doctor stating he was physically able to drive he would not be allowed to compete. It was only after Tim began to show the classical effects of Aids, the weight loss, skin conditions and loss of strenght, did his actual condition get out.

Now, as for Jeremy, allow him to take a polygraph and answer any and all questions about prior and current drug use and then, perhaps people will begin to take him seriously. Jeremy, in my belief, is living in a state of denial and needs to be honest with himself as well as the rest of the world about his problems.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Athens, GA

#45 Nov 13, 2009
OBM, or VOR, or whatever you call yourself today, I don't know why you (MKIA) continue to post, as I know of no one that reads your messages!(I see your post and automatically skip it!) L8R. DD.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#46 Nov 13, 2009
Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
OBM, or VOR, or whatever you call yourself today, I don't know why you (MKIA) continue to post, as I know of no one that reads your messages!(I see your post and automatically skip it!) L8R. DD.
Then how would you know to reply? Taking the time to reply takes a lot longer than reading a post. My post was completely factual, just as factual as the fact that the Mayfield Career is over in NASCAR. What a shame.
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#47 Nov 16, 2009
Ugh... on behalf of "Denver Dan" & "Voice of Reality," I'd like to apologize for brining up Tim Richmond in a Jeremy Mayfield conversation.

Mardeth was right: Just because I think of something & it makes sense to me does not mean it makes sense to everyone else. That's why everyone else argues about it after I say it!...

I'm so sorry for starting this!...
mike also stutters

Framingham, MA

#48 Nov 16, 2009
you seek the truth but don't speak it!
truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>you try driving at almost 200 miles an hour 4 about hours
and they are blacks in nascar. you need to know what you are talking about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sprint Cup star races at Carteret County... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
More from around the web