NASCAR asks for evaluations of Mayfield

NASCAR asks for evaluations of Mayfield

There are 46 comments on the KXMB-TV Bismarck story from Sep 21, 2009, titled NASCAR asks for evaluations of Mayfield. In it, KXMB-TV Bismarck reports that:

Eds: APNewsNow. By JENNA FRYER AP Auto Racing Writer CHARLOTTE, N.C. Nascar has asked a federal judge to order a mental and physical examination on suspended driver Jeremy Mayfield to determine if he has a substance-abuse problem.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXMB-TV Bismarck.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
scottf5410

Atlanta, GA

#1 Sep 26, 2009
Has anybody tested Mike Helton recently?
andie

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Sep 26, 2009
scottf5410 wrote:
Has anybody tested Mike Helton recently?
It would be interesting to see how his drug test would return.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Forsyth, GA

#3 Sep 26, 2009
Good Bye NASCAR...hello NHRA!!!(I believe Jeremy is 100 percent innocent!!!) Denver Dan Mayfield.
bigj

Eddyville, KY

#4 Sep 30, 2009
i think nascar needs to be evaluated....they are freakin crazy...LEAVE JEREMY ALONE!!!he will fight for his good name,till the end.
WWE NASCAR

Sandy Hook, CT

#5 Sep 30, 2009
Hopefully Jeremy Mayfield sues NASCAR and those two greedy SOBs (Helton and France) for tens of millions. Also, I hope the Judge orders NASCAR to reinstate Mayfield and appoints an overseer to insure NASCAR doesn’t try anymore sleazy maneuvers.
rogue 007

Palos Hills, IL

#6 Sep 30, 2009
Chicago loves jeremy,awsome clean driving respected bye every other driver.But just to be sure and get jeremy back racing as soon as posible,could sombody Email his layer and remind him that he must wear shoes or they wont let him in.
rogue 007

Palos Hills, IL

#7 Sep 30, 2009
Chicago loves jeremy,awsome clean driving respected bye every other driver.But just to be sure and get jeremy back racing as soon as posible,could sombody Email his lawyer and remind him that he must wear shoes or they wont let him in.
Straight Shooter

Polkville, NC

#8 Oct 1, 2009
Nascar is not even a sport! Nothing but a bunch of redneck drunks or crack heads. People got tired of watching blacks dominate sports so they gave nascar a try. Pretty much sums it up. Try fishing, hunting, ice hockey or soccer.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#9 Oct 1, 2009
Straight Shooter wrote:
Nascar is not even a sport! Nothing but a bunch of redneck drunks or crack heads. People got tired of watching blacks dominate sports so they gave nascar a try. Pretty much sums it up. Try fishing, hunting, ice hockey or soccer.
It that right, then why are you trolling the NASCAR forums? Which are you, the drunk or the crackhead or both? Mayfields a doper and is going to spend what he's made in NASCAR on lawyers and still lose. That makes him a stupid doper. The highlight of his entire career was tapping Dale Sr. at Pocono and winning. 5 wins in 17 years, WOW.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Athens, GA

#10 Oct 2, 2009
If you check the record, Mayfield is somewhere around 84 on the ALL TIME NASTYCAR wins list...way ahead of many, many "good" drivers. Yes, Mayfield did defeat the 3 car on the last lap...how many other drivers ever did that?(NASTYCAR allowed the 3 to wreck other cars to win, but the 12 car simply took the air off the 3 car for the win. By the way, I am glad "boy wonder" still has at least one fan, though it appears he is headed down hill fast. Go Mark Martin, take NASTYCAR with you!(What will all of you negative people say when Mayfield wins his case? L8R. Denver Dan.(No kin to Jeremy, no fan of NASTYCAR anymore!)
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#11 Oct 2, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>It that right, then why are you trolling the NASCAR forums? Which are you, the drunk or the crackhead or both? Mayfields a doper and is going to spend what he's made in NASCAR on lawyers and still lose. That makes him a stupid doper. The highlight of his entire career was tapping Dale Sr. at Pocono and winning. 5 wins in 17 years, WOW.
You a govelment subsidised moochel.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#12 Oct 2, 2009
Denver Dan Mayfield wrote:
If you check the record, Mayfield is somewhere around 84 on the ALL TIME NASTYCAR wins list...way ahead of many, many "good" drivers. Yes, Mayfield did defeat the 3 car on the last lap...how many other drivers ever did that?(NASTYCAR allowed the 3 to wreck other cars to win, but the 12 car simply took the air off the 3 car for the win. By the way, I am glad "boy wonder" still has at least one fan, though it appears he is headed down hill fast. Go Mark Martin, take NASTYCAR with you!(What will all of you negative people say when Mayfield wins his case? L8R. Denver Dan.(No kin to Jeremy, no fan of NASTYCAR anymore!)
Jeremy Mayfield needs to get away from the spotlight and attempt to save what he can of his life. This lawsuit about his stepmother is an obvious retaliation effort for what she said about him, it makes him look VERY small.

Jeremy had his run, pissed many of his former car owners and former friends off by his selfish attitude and willingness to throw anybody under the bus that he felt he could. Jeremy is out of a ride, out of money and out of luck, owing many in the sport money for engines and parts and other services that he can/will not pay for.

Jeremy's name in the sport is Mud and he needs to realize this, he has about as much a chance of racing again as Shane Hemile (spelling?)

The fact that Jeremy refuses to let go makes him become more of a laughing stock with every move he attempts, he is now no more than the butt of Jokes about drugs.

The last one I heard was that Jeremy had another ride on the line and it would be sponsored by "Coke", not the drink and instead of having Jeremy Mayfield written on the roof the car would have "Crack Driver" lettered there.

If these types of statements are the type of statements you would like to hear about Jeremy, then you should root for him to continue this failed quest to attempt to prove that everybody is out to frame and get Jeremy.
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#13 Oct 5, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeremy Mayfield needs to get away from the spotlight and attempt to save what he can of his life. This lawsuit about his stepmother is an obvious retaliation effort for what she said about him, it makes him look VERY small.
Jeremy had his run, pissed many of his former car owners and former friends off by his selfish attitude and willingness to throw anybody under the bus that he felt he could. Jeremy is out of a ride, out of money and out of luck, owing many in the sport money for engines and parts and other services that he can/will not pay for.
Jeremy's name in the sport is Mud and he needs to realize this, he has about as much a chance of racing again as Shane Hemile (spelling?)
The fact that Jeremy refuses to let go makes him become more of a laughing stock with every move he attempts, he is now no more than the butt of Jokes about drugs.
The last one I heard was that Jeremy had another ride on the line and it would be sponsored by "Coke", not the drink and instead of having Jeremy Mayfield written on the roof the car would have "Crack Driver" lettered there.
If these types of statements are the type of statements you would like to hear about Jeremy, then you should root for him to continue this failed quest to attempt to prove that everybody is out to frame and get Jeremy.
You test positive fol crueress.
bigj

Charlotte, NC

#14 Oct 7, 2009
Straight Shooter wrote:
you freakin idiot!!!!nascar was around before blacks were even allowed to participate in pro sports!!!nascar is still the fastest growing sport in the nation,,,possibly the world.
mike also stutters

Framingham, MA

#15 Oct 7, 2009
actually i think it ias now the fastest SHRINKING 'sport'. been to a race lately? mor empty seats than filled.

anyway, it's not even a sport at all, but whatever it is it's shrinking.
bigj wrote:
<quoted text>you freakin idiot!!!!nascar was around before blacks were even allowed to participate in pro sports!!!nascar is still the fastest growing sport in the nation,,,possibly the world.
bigj

Charlotte, NC

#16 Oct 8, 2009
mike also stutters wrote:
actually i think it ias now the fastest SHRINKING 'sport'. been to a race lately? mor empty seats than filled.
anyway, it's not even a sport at all, but whatever it is it's shrinking.
<quoted text>
the entire economy has been shrinking for 2 years,a lot of people cant afford $100 plus tickets.

“Stewart-Haas Racing”

Since: Jun 09

Las Vegas,NV

#17 Oct 8, 2009
I got a final evaluation. Put a fork in him he's done - capish?
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#18 Oct 8, 2009
Note the "Annoyed Mary" pic below...

http://www.disneyclips.com/imagesnewb6/images...

Guys, PLEASE! Will you guys let this rest until this is done!? I noted a little bit back in another Mayfield post that if this keeps up, Jeremy might actually destroy himself! I dont know what Helton & France want, but it can't be anything good!

With my searches proving NASCAR is wrong, that's why Mayfield should win this case.

Unfortunately, no matter what the outcome of this case, Mayfield mentally & NASCAR finalcially (& maybe physically too) might be destroyed... that's what I fear in the long run!...
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#19 Oct 8, 2009
Zoops... "Annoyed Mary" pic won't come up now. Let's try "Shocked Mary" pic...

http://antoniogenna.files.wordpress.com/2009/...
Nascar

United States

#20 Oct 8, 2009
NASCAR Has An Agenda. Anyone who denies this is blind as a tennis ball. Simply put, anyone that tarnishes, bemuddles, or hinders Nascar in its Quest for the highest market share Anywhere is bound to be run down in the draft and left behind.
Somehow, Mayfield managed to piss NASCAR off, and as a result, they are putting the boots to him, heavy style.

From my understanding of the situation, Mayfield takes Ritalin or something similar, for ADHD/ADD and also takes Claritin an OTC allergy medication. This combination resulted in what appeared to be Methamphetamine in his system. He has numerous test results from independent sources such as hospitals, and NASCAR has results from their Paid On Retainer (read: do whatever we tell you) doctors and labs.

I think there is an obvious agenda on behalf of NASCAR to ride this man out of the sport for some reason.

However, a couple of years ago, a lower level driver was dismissed from the sport for testing positive for, and admitting to driving while under the influence of Heroin. So, in that light, NASCAR needs to work as hard on defining their testing policy, and stick to it (i.e Random testing done before each race and AFTER each race) to make sure that whatever they do is fair.

As for comments about nascar shrinking, yes it indeed is seeing a shrinkage of attendance, and soon enough a shrinkage in corporate dollars as companies start to see negative return on its massive investment.

In summary, Mr. Mayfield is getting the short end of the stick, and is getting screwed by a Sanctioning Body that has not paid enough attention to semantics, fairness and equitability.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sprint Cup star races at Carteret County... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
More from around the web