Jeremy Mayfield's Lawyer: NASCAR Set ...

Jeremy Mayfield's Lawyer: NASCAR Set Him Up

There are 13 comments on the www.wsoctv.com story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Jeremy Mayfield's Lawyer: NASCAR Set Him Up. In it, www.wsoctv.com reports that:

Lawyers for NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield released results of his own independent drug test, showing no sign of methamphetamine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wsoctv.com.

The Doctor

Jupiter, FL

#1 Jul 18, 2009
If nascar does not agree to an independent lab for tests, then it is painfully obvious they set Mayfield up. This gunsmoke keeps the NASCAR drug police away from the big dogs. Any of them been tested yet ?
who cares

Norcross, GA

#2 Jul 18, 2009
i think Mayfield is a joke to Nascar..he needs to step away and go pump gas some where else...
MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Jul 18, 2009
The Doctor wrote:
If nascar does not agree to an independent lab for tests, then it is painfully obvious they set Mayfield up. This gunsmoke keeps the NASCAR drug police away from the big dogs. Any of them been tested yet ?
Can you give me one other private business that would accept the results of a lab the person they're testing brings in? If you've ever been tested, you know it's their lab, their time and their type of test, whether it's urine, blood or hair. Info I looked up says: "Stays in body... Methamphetamine (crystal)- 3 to 6 days in urine, up 90 in hair, 24 - 72 hours in blood". Short, short hair can't be tested. Guess we know why Jeremy always has a butch.
Get Over It

AOL

#4 Jul 18, 2009
Oh please, the labs that Jeremy is using is nowhere near the same type of lab that Nascar uses. They do special tests to pick up on Meth whereas the labs that Jeremy chose does not. That is why there is a request to the judge to pick a lab that does all the tests for Meth. Frankly, Jeremy said he went to the emergency room to give a sample, don't know how many of you have ever done that at the hospital but it would be easy to bring in someones sample and the hospital staff would never know.
Frankly, Jeremy sounds more like an addict everytime he opens his mouth for people who have or work around people like that.
gail

AOL

#5 Jul 18, 2009
I belive Jeremy.
john

High Springs, FL

#6 Jul 18, 2009
yeah i belive jeremy i belive he has a drug problem

Since: Aug 08

AOL

#7 Jul 18, 2009
Get Over It wrote:
Oh please, the labs that Jeremy is using is nowhere near the same type of lab that Nascar uses. They do special tests to pick up on Meth whereas the labs that Jeremy chose does not. That is why there is a request to the judge to pick a lab that does all the tests for Meth. Frankly, Jeremy said he went to the emergency room to give a sample, don't know how many of you have ever done that at the hospital but it would be easy to bring in someones sample and the hospital staff would never know.
Frankly, Jeremy sounds more like an addict everytime he opens his mouth for people who have or work around people like that.
A lot of employers send their employees to special labs to be tested for drug usage. These people carefully screen out they're potential customers by not allowing them to enter the rest room by themselves(if they feel they are infact drug users) or with their purses, wallets or carrying any kind of substance with them when they give urine samples, so it can be a very humiliating experience. Some of these labs also take blood samples as a back up. Hospitals also test for drugs. If an ER Physician thinks someone is a heavy drug user they NEVER ask for a urine sample, they test the blood chemistry for the illegal substances. It is mandatory in the case of car collisions and alcohol levels that BLOOD samples be collected not urine. It is also the law in many states.
As far as fooling hospital staff, I would disagree with you on that. We know drug users when we see them, but by law drug users do not have to be identified unless they are working in a high risk job....for example: being a racecar driver!
Yes, I have seen people try and bring in other peoples pee, it is not easy for them to sneak the pee in and on occasion they succeed, but most of those people are low risk to society and there is no reason to feel concerned for other people's safety, so the accuracy of any urine sample is really unimportant to the ER physicians initial diagnosis.
gail

AOL

#8 Jul 18, 2009
Jeremy doesn't have a drug problem I belive he his innocent.

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

#9 Jul 18, 2009
Next thing you know he will say my wife gave me the drugs. Just so he dont have to admit he has a drug problem be it Meth or abusing his Adderall.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#10 Jul 18, 2009
gail wrote:
Jeremy doesn't have a drug problem I belive he his innocent.
Gail, you have to face facts, how long did it take Jeremy to produce this urine sample to be examined? Why did Jeremy wait so long? Jeremy, by now, knows he is out of racing and he and his lawyer are just fishing for a civil action against NASCAR to make one last payday.

Lets examine the facts, NASCAR has two positive results and eye witness testimony to drug use by Jeremy.

Jeremy had a so called expert that was not an expert and now has this just shown up test that was tested on urine given on the same day as the NASCAR sample was given? Jeremy is grasping at straws for this civil action. I will bet you that the attorney already has an agreement to represent Jeremy for nothing, providing he gets 33% of any civil action against NASCAR.
shamwow

Lake Station, IN

#11 Jul 18, 2009
do you actually think nascar would have came back with jeremy having a neg sample...you are talking about a witness(Mr. Black and nascar) in a case where they are trying to prove drug use!! a neg sample on july 6 would have shot down nascars case...Now thy have to make jeremy out as a meth user regardless... jeremy did the right thing every time nascar takes a sample...do his own independent test that same day within a small window of the nascar test I'm not saying he should drive...but I think he has a good case! He can win this case...if he can provide that his sample is totally legit and prove nascar and Mr. Black spiked his sample thats federal conspiracy charges not a gr8 chance to win but reasonable doubt

Since: Aug 08

AOL

#12 Jul 19, 2009
shamwow wrote:
do you actually think nascar would have came back with jeremy having a neg sample...you are talking about a witness(Mr. Black and nascar) in a case where they are trying to prove drug use!! a neg sample on july 6 would have shot down nascars case...Now thy have to make jeremy out as a meth user regardless... jeremy did the right thing every time nascar takes a sample...do his own independent test that same day within a small window of the nascar test I'm not saying he should drive...but I think he has a good case! He can win this case...if he can provide that his sample is totally legit and prove nascar and Mr. Black spiked his sample thats federal conspiracy charges not a gr8 chance to win but reasonable doubt
Jeremy Mayfield would rule if his independent drug test result's negative. This would be a fact of angry proportions in the legal field. NASCAR would get their azzes kicked in way that could be felt for generations if this ever became the case. I don't believe JM's drug test's are negative, but if they are, there will be a war!
WWE NASCAR

Trumbull, CT

#13 Jul 19, 2009
This stinks worse than the Dale Earnhardt cover up. Mayfield should sue those greedy, control freaks running NASCAR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sprint Cup star races at Carteret County... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
More from around the web