One-on-one with Jeremy Mayfield: NASC...

One-on-one with Jeremy Mayfield: NASCAR spiked my sample

There are 10 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Jul 18, 2009, titled One-on-one with Jeremy Mayfield: NASCAR spiked my sample. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

Jeremy Mayfield feels some sense of vindication. "We're very excited about the results," he told NewsChannel 36 after an independent lab, LabCorp, sent results to Mayfield's attorneys showing he tested negative for meth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

StevenL

Evansville, IN

#1 Jul 18, 2009
Mayfield has not changed his story,The first posititve is the one he says was from adderall and a OTC drug.This last test is the one they are saying was spiked.I still say this is NASCAR getting back at Mayfield for dragging Evernham to court and giving NASCAR a very big black eye.
As far as Mayfields step mother she has a very big mental problem and that will come out.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#2 Jul 18, 2009
Of course no one knows how this is going to come out or what the real truth is. But I feel Jeremy is trying to save his reputation more than getting back into Nascar and acquiring sponsors.JMO
The Doctor

Miami, FL

#3 Jul 19, 2009
jimmy48,

Jeremy feels at this time he is finished forever.
In a way I agree with him, NASCAR has a lot of power, money, and lawyers, but I hope his current legal staff stays the course with him.
It seems insurmountable now, but it could change.
He has huge damages and not many alternatives but to pursue how he has been wronged. The thing I hate is everyone is so scared of NASCAR big dogs,
no one stepped up but Carl Edwards.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#4 Jul 19, 2009
Mayfield says that he tested negative with LabCorp BUT what about the other lab that he stated he submitted to on the same day as the NASCAR test at his home and the test at LabCorp. His previous statements stated that he submitted samples at two independent labs on the same day at the last NASCAR test, one before and one after at different labs. Why aren't we hearing about TWO other labs with negative results. Strange. I'd be telling the world if both those independent labs had said negative.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#5 Jul 19, 2009
If you read the documents Nascar has, it's pretty scientific evidence, very specific and if this is a set up you'd have to realize that not just like Nascar and Dr Black are in on this. There are three women who are just office workers or sample collectors, the security personnel that were there, and anyone who does the tests.

Wow that's one huge conspiracy and that's a lot of people to keep on the same page and quiet.

Mayfield's behavior is that of an addict and the "he doesn't look like a meth head" argument doesn't work. Not everyone exhibits the same signs as the next person who abuses a drug.
timmy destin florida

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Jul 21, 2009
Nascar

I'm afraid it seems like you have dug yourself a hole you may not be able to get out of and cannot aford to have a negative sample come back, the drug testing you have in place has loop holes all in it! Its like your mother and father told you when you were growing up, if you tell one lie you have to tell another to get out of that one. It dont seem like Brian Frances daddy was around him that much to teach him the little things in life!Hint silver spoon in mouth! I'm not a Mayfield fan but this seems like a huge cover up on Nascars part to cover their huge rear-end ! Nascar cannot afford another black eye as attendance is dwindling at race tracks all over the country and still trying to keep the nationwide series and truck series afloat, they are going to go all out it seems to prove Mayfields guilt with Aegis instead of having the courts decide on a independant testing company to step in and pull a bias sample, this seems to fishy for me!
Sincerely My Opinion !!!!!!!!!!
freebirdsheila

Maiden, NC

#7 Jul 27, 2009
jeremy hang in there people talk all the time but your real fans will always be there everybody who is pointing there fingers at you needs to sweep off there own door steps before they sweep yours. you go man!!!!!!!!!!
Dalesgirl

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Jul 27, 2009
No one knows the truth but Mayfield.

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

#9 Jul 27, 2009
I am thinking Mayfield is done for good and could get jail time for lying in Federal court. He is really losing credability(sp) very fast. And he has tried to contact witness and asked them to say they never seen him do drugs. Come on Jeremy if you did it admit it and get the help you need.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#10 Jul 27, 2009
Well, he came back positive on NASCAR's second test and that was enough to convince a judge to left the injunction and allow NASCAR to place him back on suspension. I think he knows now that he'll never race again in NASCAR and probably not anywhere else. I simply can't figure any reason that NASCAR would charge one of it's drivers with drugs use unless it was really the case. There was nothing but bad publicity to gain from making the accusation. I don't doubt NASCAR wouldn't do something a little shady if it was going to benefit them but there's nothing positive in these for them. Mayfield, I think you're in denial and when all is said and done, will probably lose your ass financially over this fiasco.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sprint Cup star races at Carteret County... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
More from around the web