Jeremy Mayfield sued by parts supplie...

Jeremy Mayfield sued by parts supplier, chassis builder

There are 27 comments on the www.scenedaily.com story from Jun 16, 2009, titled Jeremy Mayfield sued by parts supplier, chassis builder. In it, www.scenedaily.com reports that:

Suspended owner/driver Jeremy Mayfield's Mayfield Motorsports Inc. has been sued for $86,304.55 for parts, pieces and chassis work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scenedaily.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spine

Alpine, TX

#1 Jun 16, 2009
First of a few I would imagine.

Its not like he just can qualify for a race, he cant even be on the property. They should sue him.

I wanna sue him.
MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Jun 16, 2009
Why would anyone endanger himself and everyone else by screwing up like this? He was getting a second chance at being in Cup. I was kind of pulling for him because of him being an independent, but he's toast now. Wonder what Shane Hmiel is doing these days?
Hmmm

Seattle, WA

#3 Jun 16, 2009
What an idiot. Shanna pose for playboy you're going to need the money.

Since: May 08

West Roxbury, MA

#4 Jun 17, 2009
USAC took Shane back.

“Stewart-Haas Racing”

Since: Jun 09

Las Vegas,NV

#5 Jun 17, 2009
Who is Shane? I'm curious.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#6 Jun 17, 2009
Wild Kitty 14 wrote:
Who is Shane? I'm curious.
He was driving the 32 car in what is now the nationwide series when he was tested and failed a 3rd drug test. He was banned for life from driving in Nascar.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 17, 2009
Spine wrote:
USAC took Shane back.
He was racing in Bloomington In. June 12. He qualified 7th, He got 5th in the third heat.
Got 4th in Semi. He got 10th in the feature.
Not near as much money racing these cars and Nascar.

“If you say so...”

South Central Indiana

#8 Jun 17, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>
He was racing in Bloomington In. June 12. He qualified 7th, He got 5th in the third heat.
Got 4th in Semi. He got 10th in the feature.
Not near as much money racing these cars and Nascar.
Why does it have to be about the money? There are plenty of sprint car drivers who hold down regular jobs and race on the weekend. When Shane was here for the regular show on June 5 I told my husband, "You know, he messed up in Nascar, but the kid's determination to keep on racing has impressed me." He's good in a sprint car and getting better every time out. The fact that he's not bringing home millions and still gives it all he's got tells me he's got a passion for and is more interested in actually racing than being someone's puppet.

Location hidden

#9 Jun 17, 2009
Teri wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it have to be about the money? There are plenty of sprint car drivers who hold down regular jobs and race on the weekend. When Shane was here for the regular show on June 5 I told my husband, "You know, he messed up in Nascar, but the kid's determination to keep on racing has impressed me." He's good in a sprint car and getting better every time out. The fact that he's not bringing home millions and still gives it all he's got tells me he's got a passion for and is more interested in actually racing than being someone's puppet.
If he was going to spend his life racing he should have cleaned his self up earlier and stayed in nascar he was given enough chances.We don't make millions with our drag racing but we still love it.....

“If you say so...”

South Central Indiana

#10 Jun 17, 2009
So he blew his chances and is having to start over. He's not the first person to wad up a great opportunity and and he certainly won't be the last. I give kudos to the kid for realizing he needs to work hard to prove himself. He's earning the trust of his car owners, the people he works with, the guys he races against, and the fans. It has to be a humbling experience and he's handling it graciously, so I'm definitely not going to cut on the kid.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#11 Jun 17, 2009
Jeremy had his time in the sun and pissed it away. It isn't like he was never in a top notch car. Penske and Evernhart had him in some good rides but his attitude and lack of determination lost those for him. Had I been Ray Evernhart, I would have cut him loose a long time before he did. The old saying make hay while the sun shines also includes putting it in the barn for future use. Apparrently he didn't put quite enough hay in his barn.

“Bromance”

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jun 17, 2009
Put a fork in him. Sad to see him go.
bigj

United States

#13 Jun 18, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
Jeremy had his time in the sun and pissed it away. It isn't like he was never in a top notch car. Penske and Evernhart had him in some good rides but his attitude and lack of determination lost those for him. Had I been Ray Evernhart, I would have cut him loose a long time before he did. The old saying make hay while the sun shines also includes putting it in the barn for future use. Apparrently he didn't put quite enough hay in his barn.
EVERNHART?? YOU MEAN THE CHEATING ON HIS WIFE "EVERNHAM"HE WAS GIVING KAYNE ALL THE GOOD EQUIPMENT{SHOWING PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT. I WOULD HAVE BEEN PISSED ALSO.

“Stewart-Haas Racing”

Las Vegas,NV

#14 Jun 18, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>He was driving the 32 car in what is now the nationwide series when he was tested and failed a 3rd drug test. He was banned for life from driving in Nascar.
Then he came back?

Location hidden

#15 Jun 19, 2009
Wild Kitty 14 wrote:
<quoted text>Then he came back?
When

“If you say so...”

South Central Indiana

#16 Jun 19, 2009
Wild Kitty 14 wrote:
<quoted text>Then he came back?
It's Shane Hmiel. He was running with the big boys and popped positive (more than once), got banned for life (we'll see if that works any better than MLB's lifetime ban does), and now is racing non-wing sprint cars with USAC. So he's racing again, yes. With Nascar, no.
RocketMan

London, Canada

#17 Jul 4, 2009
Hey Guys - I would like to say THIS about the drug test. Nascar is RIGHT in banning him right away after the positive test - BUT the process after such incident hasn't been correct. I belive I have heard rumors about this being a prescribed drug - and not even a Schedule II narcotic - but an antihistamine that would indeed provide a false positive of another known narcotic.
NASCAR should have suspended him indefinitely until providing a clean sample AND investigating the actual ROOT of the positive test. ALSO NASCAR's rules on drug intake are not particularly clear as in specific drugs allowed and not allowed - they sum it up as "NO DRUGS" period.(Witch is good, BUT - what does a driver do that needs to take say a Perk in the morning of a race for back problems....yes I also am a hypocrite saying that I don't believe that a driver should be able to do such a thing BUT I am a driver of horses and the testing goes as far as they do a DNA swab now for our drug tests - and if your prescribed such pain medication as Percocet, Morphine, Codeine. Then you MUST be able to provide proof of prescription AND, must not provide a sample that is higher in content of the actual drug then your supposed to be taking - I guess they can get right down to it - and tell how many mg's are IN your system at the time of the test - and when you provide the prescription are able to tell if you ABUSE it or use it MORE then your supposed to.
IF he is guilty of taking a drug that is putting the lives of everyone in jeopardy then yes - BURN HIM - BUT also I think its law that you cannot fire someone for drug abuse without giving them a chance to clear up their lives - I.E Treatment/Detox - BUT since these guys are independant contractors I'm not sure how that works since they are not actual employees of NASCAR but people that provide an entertainment service FOR them.
I just hope that he is not judged for THIS if in fact its not a DRUG specific that he was taking for abuse - BUT a false positive for something that is not mind/mood altering but would provide a positive test for a narcotic, as he has gotten himself into LOADS of trouble over the years with his mouth and being an a-hole, not many people are having sympathy for him but really guys put yourself in his shoes - even though he may be an a-hole at times and KARMA sure is kicking his ass right now, maybe this will humble him a little bit and he will realize what kind of life he COULD be having(not making a nascar paycheck even though HIS haven't been that big in '09 I hope it all get sorted out - cause you know that if indeed it is a false positive and NASCAR has treated him badly and will actually give him a reason to sue for loss of potential earnings that he MAY have won in races, as well as Defamation of Character ... The list goes on, and well we KNOW its not past him to try and be a prick and sue right back if indeed hes found to be innocent
Sorry for it being so long - just something i wanted to get off my chest since most my friends are not into nascar and don't have the ability to talk on any sort of informative nature on sports LMAO
Cheers guys/gals
Rocket

Salem, MA

#18 Jul 6, 2009
His lawyer might not make it to the end of the trial he's a walking heart attack if I ever saw one.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#19 Jul 6, 2009
bigj wrote:
<quoted text>EVERNHART?? YOU MEAN THE CHEATING ON HIS WIFE "EVERNHAM"HE WAS GIVING KAYNE ALL THE GOOD EQUIPMENT{SHOWING PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT. I WOULD HAVE BEEN PISSED ALSO.
Jeremy Mayfield is only getting what he did to others, early in his career, handed back to him.
He screwed over T.W. Taylor, Cale Yarborough and Ray Evernham and his name has been mud ever since. Jeremy is so far in debt to people in the racing community and although NASCAR is big time, it is still run by a family and Jeremy is now on the family shit list. No car owner would dare to give Jeremy a ride and I do not know if he can afford to enter his own team and get people to supply engines and other needed items. Getting a temporary injunction was one thing, getting a ride will be something completely different.
Tom

Wayne, PA

#20 Jul 6, 2009
the thing I would like to know if anyone has been reinstated after failing the substance abuse test. I know one guy committed suicide. I have not heard Aaron Fike's name at all since. Then the crew members were nameless to begin with so I dont even know who to look for in those cases. When they suspend people indefinitely for other infractions the suspensions usually end in a few weeks or a few months. In drug test cases does Indefinite mean permnanent, if so they why don't they just say permanent instead?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sprint Cup star races at Carteret County... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
More from around the web