Mayfield breaks silence, says he's ti...

Mayfield breaks silence, says he's tired of 'lies'

There are 43 comments on the abclocal.go.com story from Jul 9, 2009, titled Mayfield breaks silence, says he's tired of 'lies'. In it, abclocal.go.com reports that:

Suspended Sprint Cup driver Jeremy Mayfield has broken his silence, vehemently denying allegations of drug use and adamantly defending himself in an exclusive interview with ESPN.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at abclocal.go.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
why

AOL

#1 Jul 9, 2009
y did he not submit a drug test for 7 hours on Monday,,,needs a test that will see if he's got a mental diseise not trying to be a prick but come one Jeramy
http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/print...
xhaasfan

South Windsor, CT

#2 Jul 10, 2009
The whole situation is very sad. It's too bad that someones career can be decided on a drug test that is done using a machine and a computer. We all know that neither of these items is capable of errors.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#3 Jul 10, 2009
xhaasfan wrote:
The whole situation is very sad. It's too bad that someones career can be decided on a drug test that is done using a machine and a computer. We all know that neither of these items is capable of errors.
His career was in the crapper before the drug test. He could not qualify for races, was in debt to his engine builder and parts suppliers and had a couple of old first generation COTs that were basically out dated. Jeremy had the responsibility to reveal any type of medications that he was on, whether legal or illegal. Jeremy should take a lie detector test and attempt to submit the results to NASCAR.
bigj

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
His career was in the crapper before the drug test. He could not qualify for races, was in debt to his engine builder and parts suppliers and had a couple of old first generation COTs that were basically out dated. Jeremy had the responsibility to reveal any type of medications that he was on, whether legal or illegal. Jeremy should take a lie detector test and attempt to submit the results to NASCAR.
careers can be renewed,just look at mark martin now,mark was written off years ago as finished.then he was offered a quality ride.now thanks to the almighty NASCAR this wont happen for jeremy,he definately has a strong case against them,he should seek the maximum comphensation, because HE WAS WRONGED!!!
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#6 Jul 11, 2009
bigj wrote:
<quoted text>careers can be renewed,just look at mark martin now,mark was written off years ago as finished.then he was offered a quality ride.now thanks to the almighty NASCAR this wont happen for jeremy,he definately has a strong case against them,he should seek the maximum comphensation, because HE WAS WRONGED!!!
You have got to be kidding, judging Jeremy Mayfield in context with Mark Martin. Mark Martin had a very long and positive career with the Roush team and wanted to cut back to basically be more with Matt as he attempted to get his career off of the ground. Jeremy Mayfield started with T.W. Taylor in the old #02 Childrens Miracle Network Car. Enter Cale Yarborough to sell T.W. a plane and Jeremy goes behind T.W.s back while he is on a solo test flight and campaigns for the seat in the #98. Jeremy Screwed T.W. and in the end did the same to Cale when he went to the old K-Mart NUMBER THIRTY SEVEN which became the #12 and we all know Jeremy left Roger on less than good terms to go to Evernhap who he talked about in reference to Erin Crocker enough to get fired. Last ride he had was a struggling HAAS team #66 and got fired from that car. Every ride he has had he has either screwed the owner or been fired from. Now please list the teams that Martin has had the same problems with.
bigj

Eddyville, KY

#7 Jul 12, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be kidding, judging Jeremy Mayfield in context with Mark Martin. Mark Martin had a very long and positive career with the Roush team and wanted to cut back to basically be more with Matt as he attempted to get his career off of the ground. Jeremy Mayfield started with T.W. Taylor in the old #02 Childrens Miracle Network Car. Enter Cale Yarborough to sell T.W. a plane and Jeremy goes behind T.W.s back while he is on a solo test flight and campaigns for the seat in the #98. Jeremy Screwed T.W. and in the end did the same to Cale when he went to the old K-Mart NUMBER THIRTY SEVEN which became the #12 and we all know Jeremy left Roger on less than good terms to go to Evernhap who he talked about in reference to Erin Crocker enough to get fired. Last ride he had was a struggling HAAS team #66 and got fired from that car. Every ride he has had he has either screwed the owner or been fired from. Now please list the teams that Martin has had the same problems with.
fact is he is a 5 time cup series winner,made the chase twice.yeah he should've kept quiet about evernham,but when fired he won that lawsuit.if offerd a good ride i beleive he would have done a good job.nascar ruined any chance he would have had.i beleive he will win that lawsuit also.no he isnt as good as mark martin, but you dont win 5 cup races and make the chase if you dont have tallent.
Just Me

Rome, NY

#8 Jul 12, 2009
Mr Voice of Reality.....always has that TW Taylor's stuff to say when it comes to Jeremy.It doesn't matter what name he signs in here on.

Jeremy has been wronged by nascrap,they want him to be their drug testing poster boy....Their Drug policy has many flaws in it.

Jeremy has been very generous with his money,like helping out many good causes. Like the Pug Foundation, Lukemia, Cancer Foundations, and this last year started the yearly tradition of helping the poor children of Charlotte for Christmas.

Jeremy was treated very badly by the other owner of the 12 car, so when wandering Everwhat, came calling, and Jeremy took the job of driving the #19 car there, in good faith.Jeremy and everwhat were BEST FRIENDS. Jeremy won 2 races, and made the Chase 2 times there. WHAT did Jeremy get in return????? His owner helping his girlie try and drive the trucks, and R&D cars, plus a stupid crew chief that wouldn't listen. He promised Jeremy the ride for the year, but bad mouthed and fired him. That's why he was sued.Everybody has had a field day ruining Jeremy's good name because of it. Bill's 36 team had no decent sponsor to help Jeremy with the 36 car, Jeremy put in his own money to be able to race there. Haas was selling an interest in his team to Tony that's what went wrong there..But nobody cares about that.

Jeremy started his own team this year. The rules are so tight with what you can do to the car/motor , and Jeremy was trying to get his team to be able to run better.It was stated that he told nascrap about his meds. But they have all the power in the world to ruin a good mans name and reputation.Jeremy is NOT a druggie, never has been, never will do them.All Jeremy wants is to be cleared of the charge, and be able to race. Jeremy Mayfield is a super human being and a very elite race winning, pole winning,car driver.
bigj

Eddyville, KY

#9 Jul 13, 2009
Just Me wrote:
Mr Voice of Reality.....always has that TW Taylor's stuff to say when it comes to Jeremy.It doesn't matter what name he signs in here on.
Jeremy has been wronged by nascrap,they want him to be their drug testing poster boy....Their Drug policy has many flaws in it.
Jeremy has been very generous with his money,like helping out many good causes. Like the Pug Foundation, Lukemia, Cancer Foundations, and this last year started the yearly tradition of helping the poor children of Charlotte for Christmas.
Jeremy was treated very badly by the other owner of the 12 car, so when wandering Everwhat, came calling, and Jeremy took the job of driving the #19 car there, in good faith.Jeremy and everwhat were BEST FRIENDS. Jeremy won 2 races, and made the Chase 2 times there. WHAT did Jeremy get in return????? His owner helping his girlie try and drive the trucks, and R&D cars, plus a stupid crew chief that wouldn't listen. He promised Jeremy the ride for the year, but bad mouthed and fired him. That's why he was sued.Everybody has had a field day ruining Jeremy's good name because of it. Bill's 36 team had no decent sponsor to help Jeremy with the 36 car, Jeremy put in his own money to be able to race there. Haas was selling an interest in his team to Tony that's what went wrong there..But nobody cares about that.
Jeremy started his own team this year. The rules are so tight with what you can do to the car/motor , and Jeremy was trying to get his team to be able to run better.It was stated that he told nascrap about his meds. But they have all the power in the world to ruin a good mans name and reputation.Jeremy is NOT a druggie, never has been, never will do them.All Jeremy wants is to be cleared of the charge, and be able to race. Jeremy Mayfield is a super human being and a very elite race winning, pole winning,car driver.
i agree with you 100 percent.hopefully jeremy will get millions from nascrap,i heard he probably wont run in cup anymore because they will make it hard on him,i heard he would like to run a dirt series just because the racing is better and he would enjoy it.whatever he does i hope he will be successful.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#10 Jul 14, 2009
Just Me wrote:
I always bring up the T.W. issue, BECAUSE, it was the first step in the continued story of the fact that every ride Jeremy has had he has been released because of either running his mouth, not being very much of a team player and the over estimation of his talent and value to a team.

Face facts, Jeremy Mayfield is a person and a name that everybody in NASCAR keeps a distance from, drivers, car owners, sponsors and even the biggest percentage of fans.

There is an old saying, "When climbing the ladder of success be careful of who's hands you step on, because you will meet these same hands on the way down".

Jeremy stepped on a lot of hands, talked smack about a lot of people and too late came to the understanding that no one man is more important than a team.

You have talked about others, to include Pensky, Evernham and Haas, in reference to how they hampered and hurt the career of one Mr. Jeremy Mayfield. I got news for you, Pensky is a multiple racing sport team owner and rental truck giant, Evernham is a track owner, TV analyst and very much in demand, Haas is the minority team owner of the team that is now on top of Cup standings. Now, as for one Mr. Jeremy Mayfield, he is a shunned man, out of NASCAR, seeking to sell what he calls a team man who owes many people a lot of money, to include engine people and parts suppliers and he can not even get a ride in a car that can't make a field because of sponsor pressure (as stated by the car owner).

Jeremy is much like the 12 year old 220 lb fat kid who can not quite understand why he is never picked to play in the baseball game.
bigj

West Monroe, LA

#11 Jul 14, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I always bring up the T.W. issue, BECAUSE, it was the first step in the continued story of the fact that every ride Jeremy has had he has been released because of either running his mouth, not being very much of a team player and the over estimation of his talent and value to a team.
Face facts, Jeremy Mayfield is a person and a name that everybody in NASCAR keeps a distance from, drivers, car owners, sponsors and even the biggest percentage of fans.
There is an old saying, "When climbing the ladder of success be careful of who's hands you step on, because you will meet these same hands on the way down".
Jeremy stepped on a lot of hands, talked smack about a lot of people and too late came to the understanding that no one man is more important than a team.
You have talked about others, to include Pensky, Evernham and Haas, in reference to how they hampered and hurt the career of one Mr. Jeremy Mayfield. I got news for you, Pensky is a multiple racing sport team owner and rental truck giant, Evernham is a track owner, TV analyst and very much in demand, Haas is the minority team owner of the team that is now on top of Cup standings. Now, as for one Mr. Jeremy Mayfield, he is a shunned man, out of NASCAR, seeking to sell what he calls a team man who owes many people a lot of money, to include engine people and parts suppliers and he can not even get a ride in a car that can't make a field because of sponsor pressure (as stated by the car owner).
Jeremy is much like the 12 year old 220 lb fat kid who can not quite understand why he is never picked to play in the baseball game.
yeah yeah blah,blah,blah same old bu-l s-it from you.you must work for nascrap.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#12 Jul 14, 2009
bigj wrote:
<quoted text>careers can be renewed,just look at mark martin now,mark was written off years ago as finished.then he was offered a quality ride.now thanks to the almighty NASCAR this wont happen for jeremy,he definately has a strong case against them,he should seek the maximum comphensation, because HE WAS WRONGED!!!
While you are right about careers being renewed. Unless a miracle happened that made him a superstar, he was mediocre at best. His best years were long behind him.

----------

Otherwise, he still shouldn't be allowed to race for violating the drug policy in not telling Nascar about his medications.

I hear the Adderall wasn't prescribed to him by a doctor but rather he picked it up at a clinic.

Hmmm...
PieceMaker

United States

#13 Jul 14, 2009
What is this discussion going to prove? All tokers that I've met like Jeremy and believe he will be a miracle worker running laps in a race car again. He is done. Nobody with any long term memory wants to ever see him again. Win a law suit when you fail a drug test with a back up sample setting there waiting for the highest paid lawyer to convince an inferior lower paid lawyer is misinformed. Can you spell OJ?
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#14 Jul 14, 2009
bigj wrote:
<quoted text>yeah yeah blah,blah,blah same old bu-l s-it from you.you must work for nascrap.
Do not work for NASCAR, do not much care for Brian France, however, facts are facts. Now, Mr. Big J. if you wish to debate Jeremy Mayfield, please understand the rules of debate, point-counterpoint.
Just because facts are offered up multiple times, does not make them any less true.

Fact is Jeremy had his chance.
Fact is Jeremy blew his chance multiple times.
Fact is Jeremy was fired from one of the most low level teams in the #66.
Fact is that after 2008 Jeremy could not beg a ride so he attempted to start a team.
Fact is Jeremy made it into the Daytona 500, not much after that.
Fact is Jeremy failed a drug test and was suspended.
Fact is Jeremy got a Temp. injunction on the suspension and has not been seen in a car since.
Fact is Jeremy is attempting to sell his "Team" to settle on future civil court dealings.
Fact is Jeremy is out of racing with no prospects to get back into NASCAR big three racing.

I await your counterpoints, or counter facts.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

#15 Jul 15, 2009
Problem is Voice of Reality that you have a bunch of conspiracy theorists with a bunch of conjecture to back it up and no provable facts. But because it's hard to prove it wrong they take it as fact.
Rabman

Elkmont, AL

#16 Jul 15, 2009
NASCAR had better pray they are right. If not Jeremy will be repacing Brian. And how I would like to serve on that jury.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#17 Jul 15, 2009
14_Patti_18 wrote:
Problem is Voice of Reality that you have a bunch of conspiracy theorists with a bunch of conjecture to back it up and no provable facts. But because it's hard to prove it wrong they take it as fact.
Actually a failed drug test can in no way be called a conspiracy, you can question the lab and the credibility of the lab, however, the results are in black and white, not different shades of gray.

Jeremy is done, stick a fork in him.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

#18 Jul 15, 2009
Rabman wrote:
NASCAR had better pray they are right. If not Jeremy will be repacing Brian. And how I would like to serve on that jury.
There's an article on Nascar.com about previous attempts by athletes to take on their respective organizations, and how it usually never turns out well.
The Doctor

Miami, FL

#19 Jul 15, 2009
Where is the drug test ? 4 days ? Also what is the deal with tests being done in Mexico ? I heard that. All the medical people who can't get certified and licensed stateside go to Mexico to work. Are we using labs in Mexico to test for NASCAR ?
shamwow

Lake Station, IN

#20 Jul 15, 2009
If jeremy wins this case I hope he get $$$$$$$$$$if he loses he deserves never to race in NASCAR, AGAIN...I read on another post that if NASCAR is so worried about driver safety why don't they do something about the drinking habits of some of the drivers and give all 43 drivers a breathalizer b4 they strap into the car... everyone knows you shouldn't get behind the wheel of a car even if your just "buzzed" (thats what the AD council says)....you know why they won't because they know a lot of those drivers are still recovering from partying the night before and about half the field wouldn't pass the test....tell me anything but don't tell me that this is for the safety of the drivers!!!!

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

#21 Jul 15, 2009
The Doctor wrote:
Where is the drug test ? 4 days ? Also what is the deal with tests being done in Mexico ? I heard that. All the medical people who can't get certified and licensed stateside go to Mexico to work. Are we using labs in Mexico to test for NASCAR ?
One of Mayfield's "experts" was certified in Mexico. Then he got screwed and told them he didn't want anything to do with them anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sprint Cup star races at Carteret County... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
More from around the web