Mayfield needs to go away and get help

Mayfield needs to go away and get help

There are 10 comments on the Fox Sports story from Jul 16, 2009, titled Mayfield needs to go away and get help. In it, Fox Sports reports that:

FOX race analyst Jeff Hammond led Darrell Waltrip to two of DW's three Winston Cup championships as his crew chief.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox Sports.

Since: Jul 09

Southfield, MI

#1 Jul 16, 2009
Dear Fellow Citizens,
Countless innocent people experience the negative effects of false positive law enforcement drug tests, and false positive urine tests everyday at the boarders, airports, cities, and rural areas throughout the United States everyday. The NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield is experiencing this right now, and innocent couple from Canada had their 8 month old child taken from them; TSA employees at Detroit Metro Airport have stated off the record that this occurs at least two to three times a day.
So why is a product that is so faulty such as the law enforcement field tests, and the urine tests being protected so viciously? The only conclusion that some can come up with is the drug companies with their investments in the White House through lobbyists, and that is why these tests that cause such hardship for people nation wide are still in use, and why there have been no real successful law sutes against the companies that produce, manufacture, and market these tests as almost certain in their accuracy. It is time for a change, WHO will assist in making the necessary change that these multi-billion dollar businesses seem unwilling to do?
My experience is on the link to the written version at WXYZ Channel 7 Detroit, is below, or you can google busted for chocolate. Everyone who at first was willing to assist in this matter seemed to shy away, only speculation as to why, however could it be the far reaching influence of the drug companies?
http://www.wxyz.com/content/news/investigator...
Another link for law enforcement false positives is:

Along with the field drug tests that law enforcement uses that will test false positive for many legal substances, and causes innocent people so much trouble and inconvenience, the list below is just SOME of the LEGAL substances that can cause a false positive with drug urine testing. Look at the website
http://www.askdocweb.com/falsepositives.html
Substances that cause false positives [not just for amphetamines]
AccutrimAdvilAfrinAleveAlleres tAmfepramoneAmifepramoneAminep tineAmoxicillin - False positives for cocaine
AmpicillinAmpicinAnti-anxiety pills - Many will test positive for BenzodiazepinesAntibiotics - False positives on Heroin TestsAsthma medications (Marax, Bronkaid tablets, Primatine Tablets)B2 vitamin
BenzphetamineBlue LettuceBronkaid tabletsCalifornia PoppyCathneChloropromazineClob enzorexContacContactCough medicines - See if any ingredients are on this listCough suppressants with Dextromethorphan (DXM)
CylertDemerolDeprenylDesoxyeph edrineDexatrimDexdenfluramineD exedrineDexfenfluramineDextroa mphetamineDextromethorophanDia betesDiazepam (generic name for valium)Diazepam False positives for PCP
DidrexDilantinDimetappDristan Nasal SprayDronabinol (Marinol)Elavil - False positives for opiates for up to three daysEldeprylEmprinEphedra (Ma Haung)EphedrineEphedrine based compounds
EtafediabeExcedrin IBFamprofazoneFenelyllineFenfl uramineFenproyorexFioricet and derivativesFiorinalFluspirilen eHempseed OilHydroymethamphetamineIbupro fen - False positives for Marijuana
KetoprofenKidney diseaseKidney infectionLettuce - Both Prickly and BlueLiver diseaseLiver infectionLodineLortab - an opioid analgesicMa HuangMaraxMatilija PoppyMefenorexMenstrual cramp medications like Midol and Trendar
MephentermineMesocarbMethoxyph enamineMethphenidateMidolMini- thinsMorazoneMormon TeaMost prescription pain medicationsMotrinNaproxenNasal decongestants - False positives for Amphetamines
NeosynephrenNuprinNyquilNyquil Nighttime Cold Medicine - False positives for Methadone up to 2 daysOrudis KTOTC diet aids with phenylpropanolamine.
kenyondl

Dayton, OH

#3 Jul 17, 2009
I find it appauling that NASCAR would rather ruin a person's entire life, than admit a mistake. Too many circumstances around jeremy that should prove his innocense. Why did NASCAR refuse to all the second test B sample to not go to the lab of his choice, by the rules of the NASCAR program, the B sample is the donor's and not NASCAR, even though NASCAR used the B sample from the first test they did, which is illegal. Everyone around Jeremy is echoing his innocence, even his GM who just left to seek a job elsewhere. A previous law enforcement officer is trained to spot people with drug problems and he said that he was 100% sure jeremy was innocent. Then on top of it, Jeff Hammond spouts off and says that he needs to go away and get help. Nothing like being innocent until you are legally, and truthfully been found guilty and not in the kangaroo, dictatorship of what is called NASCAR, or should it be referred to France's world.
Whatever

Boonville, IN

#4 Jul 17, 2009
Ken,

You are wrong, the sample must go to a lab with certain accredications. The lab Mayfield wants to use doesn't have the ability to meet the standards.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#5 Jul 17, 2009
kenyondl wrote:
I find it appauling that NASCAR would rather ruin a person's entire life, than admit a mistake. Too many circumstances around jeremy that should prove his innocense. Why did NASCAR refuse to all the second test B sample to not go to the lab of his choice, by the rules of the NASCAR program, the B sample is the donor's and not NASCAR, even though NASCAR used the B sample from the first test they did, which is illegal. Everyone around Jeremy is echoing his innocence, even his GM who just left to seek a job elsewhere. A previous law enforcement officer is trained to spot people with drug problems and he said that he was 100% sure jeremy was innocent. Then on top of it, Jeff Hammond spouts off and says that he needs to go away and get help. Nothing like being innocent until you are legally, and truthfully been found guilty and not in the kangaroo, dictatorship of what is called NASCAR, or should it be referred to France's world.
First, Mr. kenyond1, I am sure you can provide the people with actual facts and not just speculation and statements from unnamed experts, devoid of identify and qualifications. What is a previous law enforcement officer? You seem to also get confused as to what is the law as referenced by the constitution and what is private industry with it's own set of rules and methods of enforcement.

Fact is, Jeremy failed two drug test.

Fact is, NASCAR is armed with personal testimony from a relative of Jeremy that swears to his continued use of Meth.

Fact is, Jeremy is in the process of selling what he calls his team.

Now, Mr. kenyond1, when you can get some verification of your statements, you know, the old pesky who, what, where, when and why reasons with documentation and identification of your so called experts, I am sure people will listen.
Jazz

AOL

#6 Jul 17, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is, NASCAR is armed with personal testimony from a relative of Jeremy that swears to his continued use of Meth.
Mayfield said all of Lisa Mayfield’s claims were lies based on being monetarily cut off following her husband’s 2007 death.

“She don’t deserve the Mayfield name,” he said.“She’s hated me since my dad got killed because I won’t give her any money. She goes on the Internet and blogs lies about me and Shana (his wife) and everything you can imagine. She’s broke, and I guess she got NASCAR to give her some money.”

I wouldn't trust what she said.
She sounds like she's puffed on a few pipes herself.

I do believe in the scientific part though but there should be an independent test also.
Wyatt earp

Santa Barbara, CA

#7 Jul 18, 2009
I haue a feeling mayfield is guilty. meth is a powerful drug. you can not just take one hit and walk away from it.
WARREN DAVIS

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Jul 18, 2009
MAYFIELD NEEDS HELP! YOU DONT NEED TO BE ON METH
DRIVING 2OO MPH ON RACE CAR TRACK DANGERING OTHER
DRIVERS LIVES ! HE SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DRIVE A CAR ON THE STREET . NASCAR SHOULD BAN FOR LIFE
NO SECOND CHANCES IN A RACE CAR !!!!!!!
rain

Marco Island, FL

#9 Jul 20, 2009
Jeremy needs to go to rehab and take a

public speaking course

I might of believed he was innocent until he opened his big fat mouth
gail

AOL

#10 Jul 20, 2009
to the voice of reality Your own reality why don't you get your FACTS right there are alot of false positive Jeremy also had tests that came back negative if Jeremy had that much meth in him that nascar said he would be dead and as for selling his team he needs the money to fight Nascar
rain

Marco Island, FL

#11 Jul 20, 2009
I really do hope you are right. It will be a shame if he has thrown away such a great career due to drugs. However, I am doubtful.... Either way, I am praying for him.
gail wrote:
to the voice of reality Your own reality why don't you get your FACTS right there are alot of false positive Jeremy also had tests that came back negative if Jeremy had that much meth in him that nascar said he would be dead and as for selling his team he needs the money to fight Nascar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Motorsports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
News Jeremy Mayfield scores legal victory, but could... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 13
News Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
News More indictments filed against former NASCAR Dr... (Apr '13) Dec '13 Whoyakidding 19
More from around the web