NASCAR diversity outreach brings oppo...

NASCAR diversity outreach brings opportunity, disappointment

There are 1 comment on the The Sacramento Bee story from Feb 18, 2010, titled NASCAR diversity outreach brings opportunity, disappointment. In it, The Sacramento Bee reports that:

Jason Romero was disappointed when he didn't get selected and surprised when he later received the call.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sacramento Bee.

racingfan

Sacramento, CA

#1 Mar 8, 2010
Romero was surprised because he knew after he was eliminated from the Combine on the second day, that he did not win a spot as a Revolution Racing Driver. The combine started on October 16 and ended on the 19th. Romero never made it out as a 2010 driver, he was eliminated. that's why he was surprised. Pitta was named as a revolution racing driver in USA today, ESPN and many newspapers. Also, how does Harraka get a fully funded ride when he withdrew from the progrm before November 3, 2009. He never had to earn a Grand National Racing West ride. Favortism, yes, I believe every driver who tried out at the Combine should be outraged and file a complaint against the 909 group and NASCAR. There is no fair competion when selecting through the D4D program, its all "smoke and mirrors"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Max Papis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jeremy Mayfield considers selling race team (Jul '09) Oct '13 Chargeforward1 22
News NASCAR driver slapped by rival's girlfriend; TD... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Liver 2
News Tony Stewart awaits second surgery, will miss w... (Aug '13) Aug '13 CatRod53 21
News Earnhardt Jr. Back In The High Life Again (Jun '11) Jul '11 95 Thunderbird 201
News 'The Glades' features drivers (Jun '11) Jun '11 Yuppers 3
News NASCAR Nationwide Series Says Ethanol Performin... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Osama 3
News Bayne ready to get back into the driver's seat (Jun '11) Jun '11 TexasRaider 2
More from around the web